Value of: Top 4 D to LAK

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
i could see a package of toffoli and chariot keeping yous in the race till drew gets back . both can be retained on as well . your first and a b prospect maybe ?

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
i could see a package of toffoli and chariot keeping yous in the race till drew gets back . both can be retained on as well . your first and a b prospect maybe ?

Zero chance we would move the 1st and definitely not for that. I love TT but he is a 20 goal guy in LA if we’re lucky.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Nils Lundkvist+Julien Gauthier for Gabe Vilardi+Austin Strand+2nd
no

Lundkvist for Vilardi+2nd then
no x 2

Gauthier is good.
Like I've been saying, he needs a chance on a line w/Chytil + LaF [who already show they look good together].

No on moving Nils.
People don't like hearing it but the math, the play on paper is sell high Lindy, make space for first Reunanen [who we will sell later this year once value high enuf and he is showcased].
We then get Jones up here.

-----------
When I get a chance I will say this in response to unfounded criticism in the other thread.

They want a 6'1 or bigger LD and Lindy is an inch less, and like 9 or so pounds lighter but plays bigger. I concealed nothing, and asked if their guidelines were rigid or flexible and apparently close is not close enough.
{I am a bit confused in that they have been calling for KAM, but the last post on the subject was for someone with offense, i.e., a scoring or QB defenseman.}

If that is what they want then fine, let them chase that unicorn.
Maybe the Blues will consider something around
Parayko + lesser pick
for
Byfield + better pick

In any event, as much as it would be nice to get Villardi, we must not overay to get him, mindful:
- we do not have elc blue chip surplus
- we do not have an immediate pivot problem now that Zib is locked up

Strome buh bye, can't afford him long term

still leaves...
Zob
Chytil
Kravtsov/Barron
Blais/Rooney ++

these grass is greener threads are erroneous

something reasonable around Lindgren + for Vilardi + is fine
everything else is not a match or a need

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
something reasonable around Lindgren + for Vilardi + is fine
everything else is not a match or a need

And how often have you been told now that Lindgreen for Vilardi is not even remotely reasonable ?

Vilardi is in the group of players that only go for elite wingers

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
And how often have you been told now that Lindgreen for Vilardi is not even remotely reasonable ?

Vilardi is in the group of players that only go for elite wingers

That is your errenous opinion.
You grossly undervalue Lindgren
only reason he is available over some of our elcs
is:
need cap to extend
Fox, LaF, Kakko and possibly Kravtsov
as well as Blais

we can short term juggle moving Strome + Geo,
but we should endeavor to squeeze every bit of cap until Trouba
either is dealt in 3 seasons or before if he will let us.

Neither side is budging
which is fine
we are not underselling our bluest blue chips or our more productive players

If you get a better deal elsewhere
congrats
if not, these are NYR terms
accept it or live with what you have

drop mic
finis

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I would be fine with trading Barrie but I don't see any realistic targets that would help Edmonton. Strand+ maybe but I don't know what the + is.

Why would the Oilers want Strand at all? Saw him with the Reign multiple times last season. Meh.

Kings are stacked with forward prospects. They should trade one for D from a team with lots of D prospects. I suggest Justin Barron or maybe Calen Addison.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Why would the Oilers want Strand at all? Saw him with the Reign multiple times last season. Meh.

Kings are stacked with forward prospects. They should trade one for D from a team with lots of D prospects. I suggest Justin Barron or maybe Calen Addison.
I think he has upside still and could fit in on our third pair, but I don't think he would be even close to enough. I also don't believe that we would trade Barrie for a prospect forward at this point. I think Holland wants to improve his NHL roster, not his futures stock.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

Strand plays better in the NHL than in the A for whatever reason.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Strand plays better in the NHL than in the A for whatever reason.

Small sample size. Caleb Jones did too (he looked like baby Seth early on).

I'd don't think he's a bad D prospect (Durzi is horrible though). I fail to see why a team would trade a roster player like Barrie for him.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Don't you guys have Kale Clague or was he picked in the expansion draft?

We do but the org hates him and loves Maatta.

I'd don't think he's a bad D prospect (Durzi is horrible though). I fail to see why a team would trade a roster player like Barrie for him.

He's an odd duck because he looks like a completely different skillset in the NHL.

Dude is absolutely wiring tape to tape passes harder than anyone we've had in years and plays much more aggressively.

You're probably right that given more time and responsibility that play-up adrenaline or whatever it is unravels a bit, but you wouldn't even think it was the same player.

All that said unless a team 100% believed in that there's no reason to give up a roster player for what could be an illusion.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

Oh I agree he’s not worth Barrie at all. But there is something going on when he’s in the NHL as opposed to the A.

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
Justin Holl and Alex Kerfoot to the Kings for Adrian Kempe and Trevor Moore

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
No thanks. Moore is going no where Not interest in Kerfoot at all Last thing the kings need is another center

Not sure if you're aware but Kerfoot plays LW as well which is what he's currently playing this year and last years playoffs. He's a much better winger then center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad