Top 20 Minnesotans in the NHL

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Faber has more value but he sure isn't a better overall player than Boeser at this point in time. Boeser is the more proven player and had to deal with personal issues (father dying) that hampered his career until now.

Faber didn't have the better season either.

Boeser had pretty much only proven that he was a one dimensional top six winger that couldn't stay healthy up until last season. That's not a better player than what Faber was, so being "more proven" doesn't mean much.

Last year you could potentially argue that Boeser had a better season, I'm not even sure that's a slam dunk, Faber was 1D for most of the year.

Like I said, let's see Boeser show us that last season wasn't just an aberration.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Not sure what the exchange rate between winger points and defensemen points is, but it seems like 73 for the W and 47 for the D are at least borderline comparable.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Going to sound crazy, but I am honestly not sure about that, Faber looks incredible at this point in time, he appears to have had a monster summer.
As a Canucks fan I would take faber in a 1 for 1 trade one year only zero contract considerations and I think a lot of my fellow canuck fans would do the same so yes he should be higher than Brook but Brock is in tier 1 as well.

Tier one going into the season

Oettinger
Guentzel
Faber
Boeser
B.Nelson

Guys who are close and could be in the mix as well are Middlestat.....well that's it for now

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not sure what the exchange rate between winger points and defensemen points is, but it seems like 73 for the W and 47 for the D are at least borderline comparable.
Not according to Calder voters.

From what i've seen in the preseason, Faber is a top 20 Dman in the NHL right now, at the very least. His skating and strength, already good, seem to have improved from last year.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Does Guentzel count as being from Minnesota? I know people can transplant at a young age but he's born in Nebraska and played college hockey in Nebraska.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad