Top 20 Minnesotans in the NHL

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
tier 1
Oettinger
Guentzel
Faber

I’m still going to edit and do the rest, but first let me ask fellow posters, does Boeser belong in tier 1?

I don’t think he deserves to be ahead of Brock Nelson or Ryan McDonagh yet. Although as others have mentioned, another season like last year will go a long ways…I feel the same about Skjei on the blueline.

Nelson is super underrated. Such a strong player and great goal scorer as a center for a low-offense operation. I think Mikey Anderson is overlooked too…just a rock solid 20-22 minutes a night every single year.

Mittelstadt has a window here to really open eyes as well as the #2 behind MacKinnon on a powerhouse team. He’s one of those guys who has really turned some of his scouting weaknesses as a younger player into actual strengths through hard work.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
179g, 384pts in 479gp. I mean what more of a track record do you need?
Also this , can you briefly describe his current play style as well?

Thanks

I don’t think he deserves to be ahead of Brock Nelson or Ryan McDonagh yet. Although as others have mentioned, another season like last year will go a long ways…I feel the same about Skjei on the blueline.

Nelson is super underrated. Such a strong player and great goal scorer as a center for a low-offense operation. I think Mikey Anderson is overlooked too…just a rock solid 20-22 minutes a night every single year.

Mittelstadt has a window here to really open eyes as well as the #2 behind MacKinnon on a powerhouse team. He’s one of those guys who has really turned some of his scouting weaknesses as a younger player into actual strengths through hard work.
@SI90 asking you because you’re a Islanders fan and also you call things like you see it.

Is Nelson the better player over Boeser ?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Also this , can you briefly describe his current play style as well?

Thanks

@SI90 asking you because you’re a Islanders fan and also you call things like you see it.

Is Nelson the better player over Boeser ?
I appreciate you asking my opinion. Boeser is younger so just comparing both of their first 7 full seasons they’re actually pretty similar in production. Boeser does have the one 40 goal season which was this passed year and that’s huge. Have to expect he’ll continue to score 30+ plus if healthy.

It all depends what you prefer. Nelson is so consistent and has been an automatic 30+ goal scorer the last few years plus he’s great defensively and is a center.

It all depends on the team and what you prefer. I don’t think it’s crazy to rank Boeser ahead of Nelson if you prefer a winger with an elite shot and scoring ability.

If Boeser goes on to score 35+ goals by the time he’s Nelson’s age then he’s probably a no brainer but right now I think I would choose Nelson if I’m talking 1 season and career thus far to this point.

I’d we’re talking going forward would take Boeser because of his age and scoring ability. While Nelson has scored 30+ and always seems to hit 20+ his whole career he’s getting to the point where he may slow down.

Reactions: Coffees

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad