Prospect Info: Top 20 Flyers Prospects, #2

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
You really think that highly of Cousins? To me Cousins appears to be a bottom-6 pest. His scoring most likely will not translate to the level it was last year and he still needs work defensively. While Stolarz is a potential starting goalie, albeit a few years away. Don't get me wrong I'd love for Cousins to surprise me, but I just don't see him anywhere near Ghost or Stolarz's potential.

Not necessarily. It's more that I'm not that high on Stolarz. Dude has to prove a whole lot, and he's still extremely raw on a team that's obviously going to buffer his stats.

I'm cautious with goaltending prospects.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Been there, done that, still have the nightmares ....

Do you remember Parent, Bodrov, Lehtivuori and Ratchuk?

Parent was a legitimate NHLer until he started having back problems.

Lehtivuori was awesome until he mentally imploded because of life in Adirondack.

Bodrov was hyped but never amounted to anything for a number of reasons.

Ratchuk sucked from day one.

Rick Deckard

Mar 30, 2006
Germany
Parent was a legitimate NHLer until he started having back problems.

Lehtivuori was awesome until he mentally imploded because of life in Adirondack.

Bodrov was hyped but never amounted to anything for a number of reasons.

Ratchuk sucked from day one.

A 1st rounder, two 2nd rounder and the odd european superprospect ...

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
A 1st rounder, two 2nd rounder and the odd european superprospect ...

Bodrov was a headcase and Ratchuk never developed defensively. Not all 2nd rounders are going to pan out. In fact, I've thoroughly proved on multiple occasions, as have others, that 2nd rounders have little better odds than 3rd rounders and are far from the consistency of 1st rounders.

Lehtivuori was AWESOME in Adirondack until he just gave up. He claimed that he was bored in Adirondack and felt secluded and cast off up there. There was nothing to do but play hockey and exist. That's why he went back to Europe. I kind of feel for the guy.

Parent was an awesome shut-down defenseman in the NHL. He looked to be similar to Luke Schenn before he got hurt. People seem to forget that so readily around here.

Rick Deckard

Mar 30, 2006
Germany
Bodrov was a headcase and Ratchuk never developed defensively. Not all 2nd rounders are going to pan out. In fact, I've thoroughly proved on multiple occasions, as have others, that 2nd rounders have little better odds than 3rd rounders and are far from the consistency of 1st rounders.

Lehtivuori was AWESOME in Adirondack until he just gave up. He claimed that he was bored in Adirondack and felt secluded and cast off up there. There was nothing to do but play hockey and exist. That's why he went back to Europe. I kind of feel for the guy.

Parent was an awesome shut-down defenseman in the NHL. He looked to be similar to Luke Schenn before he got hurt. People seem to forget that so readily around here.

I know all that, that's not the point .... have you read the post I replied to?

If you look at the old polls around 2008 you will find Bodrov, Lehtivuori, Parent and Ratchuk as our top prospects, behind Giroux and vanRiemsdyk.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Going with Morin. His upside is just massive. It's close between him and Hagg who also has a big upside.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I feel like Hagg will be here sooner and has as much (maybe slightly less) potential as Morin. Love them both, but voted Hagg over Morin for now simply because I think he's closer to making the team.

Ghost is my number 4 and Stolarz is my 5

DrHamburg

Mar 12, 2009
New York
I was really tempted to pick Hagg, but I went with Morin. I trust Homers first round picks. Add in the Chris Pronger factor and I voted Morin.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
After all the outrage of the Flyers picking Morin in the 1st and the calming effect the selection of Hagg had, I thought for sure Hagg would be winning this. That's who I picked. That's not to say Morin doesn't have big upside.

hockeyphan25

Aug 28, 2005
After all the outrage of the Flyers picking Morin in the 1st and the calming effect the selection of Hagg had, I thought for sure Hagg would be winning this. That's who I picked. That's not to say Morin doesn't have big upside.

Good point, I would've expected the same and actually probably would have picked Hagg based upon what I've heard about both since the camp and the camp video in which I though Hagg looked better (I know but that's all I have to go on), however after thinking about it, I voted for Morin because he was picked so high and when you see him, he just seems like someone who has the smarts and willingness to reach at least a good amount of his potential.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Morin was always going to win this. I'm actually surprised it's as close as it is. Where you are picked matters to a lot of people.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Morin was always going to win this. I'm actually surprised it's as close as it is. Where you are picked matters to a lot of people.

Well if that was fully the case Morin would have jumped Laughton as well for #1.

I would say more are intrigued by his potential. Personally I was torn between the two for #2, in the end I went with Morin because of the higher potential even though I don't think he fully reaches it.

Last edited:

kammy

Jun 29, 2007
I voted McGinn simply because I think he played well along side the likes of our big guns Giroux, Voracek and Briere last season; 5 pts in 18 games. I'm looking forward to see what he can do this season. Dont care how much potential Morin and Hagg have, they can both be the next big bust

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad