Value of: Tony DeAngelo

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Yes, he did..

In January 2017......

I heard he thoroughly enjoys punting baby llamas when he loses a drop-in game on NHL 20 too.

He’s pretty much the worst human. Ever.

He is not the worst human ever. Just stop. We get it people don't like his politics.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
No point in trading him. We own his rights, even if we have to trade him, it would be in the offseason where his value would most likely increase if his play keeps up.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I wanted the Devils to sign him to an offer sheet when the Rangers were cap strapped. We would have had to trade to get our 2nd or 3rd rounder back, but we could have done it. Instead we're giving 10 minutes a night to Matt Tennyson.

Same with Lebanc, but with Lebanc I think it's pretty obvious that there was a quid pro quo between the player and the club, so he would not have signed an offer sheet. I think ADA would have since the Rangers basically shoved that contract down his throat.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
You aren't moving Trouba and going with Fox, DeAngelo and Lundkvist because they are all 5'11. You need some size on defense. Lundkvist to me is the type of defenseman from all scouting reports that doesn't make many mistakes. I see no way they move Fox. It's not a matter of wanting to move DeAngelo. More a matter of getting a young, talented, physical forward or some 25-35 point role players which actualy have some speed to help the crappy PK unit. I also see DeAngelo as being a guy who will want absurd money with his contracts. Right now he's improving his value every week. You have to figure they move Kreider or Fast at the deadline or both. Not sure what they do with Strome. Moves have to be made. Rangers are a bit slow up front in the role player positions. Part of that has to do with the fact our college head coach continues to play Smith, Haley, McKegg and a clueless Howden.
How about we let Lundkvist come over next season to the AHL and see if he's even ready before we trade a hugely important piece to make space for him? The chance of Tony getting any kind of trade clause on his RFA deal is slim at best. He can want what he wants but he has very little leverage again this time around being restricted.

Sign him to a reasonable deal, see what we have in Lundkvist, and if we find we have an NHL ready player who can bring what Tony does, then move Tony.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Tony has been one of our best players this year, and arguably our best d-man last year as well. He is not a player Id want to trade, but he certainly has great value and if he can return a comparable forward it's a deal that should be explored considering how deep the organization is on RD.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
DeAngelo, at this price ($925k) is a steal for any team at the deadline. You won't have to worry about salary cap. If a team is trading for him, I expect that team to want to retain him and make him a part of their future. I'd want back a 2C, for sure, because I really have my doubts that this team has one beneath Zibanejad, a guy who is always hurt. Buffalo in the market for a RHD? Mittelstadt? Am I smoking rocc chalk?

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
The only reason he gets moved is if he is the 'odd man out' when they look at who they are able to protect in the Seattle draft.

Trouba is a must. then you have to pick two from Skjei, ADA, Hajek, and Lindgren.

Last edited:
Reactions: bernmeister

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
DeAngelo, at this price ($925k) is a steal for any team at the deadline. You won't have to worry about salary cap. If a team is trading for him, I expect that team to want to retain him and make him a part of their future. I'd want back a 2C, for sure, because I really have my doubts that this team has one beneath Zibanejad, a guy who is always hurt. Buffalo in the market for a RHD? Mittelstadt? Am I smoking rocc chalk?

Mittelstadt might be a 2C at some point, but he isn't yet. I like Chytil's chances of filling that role better than I do Mittelstadt's.

No one is trading a legit 2C for ADA at the deadline.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Mittelstadt might be a 2C at some point, but he isn't yet. I like Chytil's chances of filling that role better than I do Mittelstadt's.

No one is trading a legit 2C for ADA at the deadline.
Also Deangelo is outproduing Mittelstadt as a 3rd pairing defenseman. Mittlelstadt might be better than Andersson but that isn't saying much at all.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The only reason he gets moved is if he is the 'odd man out' when they look at who they are able to protect in the Seattle draft.

Trouba is a must. then you have to pick two from Skjei, ADA, Hajek, and Lindgren.

And carrying that one further, Hajek + Lindgren are elcs, so that's a no brainer.

The only ? is if we got some cap space from somewhere, would ADA value be higher with extension -- depending on $ and term, presum. yes. So that adds to our return. However, that is not super easy as we also want to extend Kreider.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
And carrying that one further, Hajek + Lindgren are elcs, so that's a no brainer.

The only ? is if we got some cap space from somewhere, would ADA value be higher with extension -- depending on $ and term, presum. yes. So that adds to our return. However, that is not super easy as we also want to extend Kreider.
What has Chris Kreider done this year to warrant a 6x$6M type of extension? He hit 50 points once.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
How about we let Lundkvist come over next season to the AHL and see if he's even ready before we trade a hugely important piece to make space for him? The chance of Tony getting any kind of trade clause on his RFA deal is slim at best. He can want what he wants but he has very little leverage again this time around being restricted.

Sign him to a reasonable deal, see what we have in Lundkvist, and if we find we have an NHL ready player who can bring what Tony does, then move Tony.

What? Are you trying to tell us that some assets take 3-5 years and we shouldn't expect to see all our fresh toys next year? Screw this team, I'm out!!

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
twice actually. He’s about around a .60 PPG player. I think 6 and 6 isn’t too far-fetched. 7 and 7, sorry Chris. Still love ya though.
Considering Hayes got 7x7, I'd say Kreider and his agent could shoot for a long-term deal in the 6.5-7 range, and I'm not doing that. With his size and speed, he should be as noticeable as Lemieux on every shift, and he isn't.

Reactions: charliemurphy

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
What has Chris Kreider done this year to warrant a 6x$6M type of extension? He hit 50 points once.

Whether or not he should be traded at all --- requiring examination of projected returns --- is not the point.
The point and correct ? here is if we extended Kreider and then moved him subsequently, presumably not this year, how much more does that add to a suitor's price?

A quality player as a rental is one thing.
Same player extended at decent $ and term is something else.
So is extended, but overpriced, being another perspective.

CK has been a good influence on KK, and that alone is food for thought.
He is clearly not untouchable, but I want AT MIN full market price if not more.

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
The sort-of-but-not-really flipside question is "What is DeAngelo's next contract really going to be?" and is that just too rich for the Rangers' blood?

He ain't signing for 925 again, and every move made this offseason has to be with the wave of upcoming critical RFAs in mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad