Value of: Tomasino

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Would you move Tomasino if we took Glass contract?
Moving Glass would free up enough cap to sign both Tomasino and Parssinen but tbh I think Tomasino is gone no matter what happens to Glass. Trotz/Brunette clearly favor Parssinen and Jankowski (yes, that is correct) over putting Tomasino into the line-up.

The bottom six currently is some combo of Evangelista, Sissons, Jankowski, Parssinen, Glass, Smith, and McCarron.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Would you move Tomasino if we took Glass contract?
I probably would simply because Brunette isn't going to play either anyways. That said I seriously doubt Trotz would. I honestly think we end up losing him on waivers because he will be like Poile with Tolvanen and think he will just slip through for some reason.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Moving Tomasino to move glass kindof defeats the purpose of moving glass (freeing up space to sign the RFAs). Would rather use Tampas 2025 2nd we got from the McDonagh trade to move glass and that seems like overkill for 1 season of a player that isnt a massive overpay

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
Verbeek publicly claimed that he wanted to add a right-shot scoring forward this offseason. He struck out on Stamkos and Marchessault, but Tomasino could be a nice upside play. I don't think the Ducks would offer much since Tomasino will be waiver eligible next season (is that confirmed?), but I can definitely see them being interested.
I was thinking the same thing. Not to mention those two RWs went to Nashville too.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I see Kent Hughes moving to get him - this is exactly the type of player he tries to pick up. Mtl needs a top 6 player so this would be great.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
If somehow Guenette ends up surpassing JBD from the Sens would you do Tomasino for JBD?
I think the Preds would rather get a waiver-exempt prospect/suspect for Milwaukee or something like a 3rd round pick rather than a depth NHLer? Or at least it would require them having some kind of positive pro scouting impression of JDB than I am privvy to. The team doesn't really need extra depth guys at the NHL level right now.
:dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad