Value of: Tomasino to PIT

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Tomasino is absolutely an NHLer right now and should have played in the NHL all season. They aren't going to sell him for scraps. Many teams are going to have interest in him if made available

I mean, they were playing Sherwood and Beauvillier over him.

I don't see him returning much..

They also have Kemell who likely is pushing for an NHL spot and Evangelista and Nyquist.

Ledge And Dairy

I mean, they were playing Sherwood and Beauvillier over him.

I don't see him returning much..
The exact same argument can be made for Kaliyev no? Hell, could probably throw Robertson and Pelletier in that mix too (although Pelletier was injured most of the season). All 4 players are NHL caliber and should have been playing middle 6 in the NHL this entire season. None of them are going to be placed on waivers next year and a lot of teams are going to be interested in taking a shot on any of them (if any are moved).

Arguing Beauvillier played over him is a weird argument as Beau is also a fine middle 6 winger. Last I checked Perfetti was also benched most of the playoffs too. Sherwood played strictly 4th line for his ability to hit. Tomasino's talent would be wasted on the 4th line

Reactions: Viqsi

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
At which point someone like Stastney or Del Gaizo gets called up. Still no rationale.

Well then propose a seperate trade in the thread title Value of: Tomasino to Pit with the first sentence being "what would it cost?" :)

The exact same argument can be made for Kaliyev no? Hell, could probably throw Robertson and Pelletier in that mix too (although Pelletier was injured most of the season). All 4 players are NHL caliber and should have been playing middle 6 in the NHL this entire season. None of them are going to be placed on waivers next year and a lot of teams are going to be interested in taking a shot on any of them (if any are moved).

Arguing Beauvillier played over him is a weird argument as Beau is also a fine middle 6 winger. Last I checked Perfetti was also benched most of the playoffs too. Sherwood played strictly 4th line for his ability to hit. Tomasino's talent would be wasted on the 4th line

Kaliyev is 100% on the block too and will likely return similar value to a POJ + 3rd.

Ledge And Dairy

Kaliyev is 100% on the block too and will likely return similar value to a POJ + 3rd.
Broberg is also someone likely to be made available this summer.

I am not saying they won't make Tomasino available. But they aren't going to trade him just for the sake of trading him. The issue is the trade has to make sense. I think if Nashville is going to move Tomasino it will be as part of a package to improve their roster (ie targeting like Necas or Marner). POJ and a 3rd does not help Nashville become a more competitive team.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Broberg is also someone likely to be made available this summer.

I am not saying they won't make Tomasino available. But they aren't going to trade him just for the sake of trading him. The issue is the trade has to make sense. I think if Nashville is going to move Tomasino it will be as part of a package to improve their roster (ie targeting like Necas or Marner). POJ and a 3rd does not help Nashville become a more competitive team.

Interesting.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Odds are if Tomasino is traded it will be either a player swap in a similar position or in a package for a bigger player. I don't see him being involved in anything that is based around a pick.

If its for a Dman its going to probably be for someone solid that is an upgrade over the current roster. Body wise we have Stastney and Del Gaizo that can come in, and Molendyk very well could be on the roster next season.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
This is the same team that waived Tolvanen, I could totally see Tomasino traded for scraps and going somewhere and being a top 6 er
Same here. They don't like Tomasino, he'll be gone. He's got the skill to be a regular NHLer, but the braintrust doesn't like his compete level. They don't give him much opportunity to prove them wrong, he has done pretty well playing limited minutes chained to McCarron, but he can do more in the NHL if a team provides the opportunity.

And yeah, I can totally see them trying to waive him. Or since he'll be an RFA having some issues with whatever his contract ask is and moving him fairly cheaply. I don't think the Preds will even ask for a pick. Just some other team's change-of-scenery player on the outs.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens need RH wingers that are young and still have promise. I trade for him in and give up POJ and a late pick at the draft table. Yes he has not fulfilled the promise from the draft but with Pens he can have the opportunity to be a player who is working hard to improve since a spot is open.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Okay how about Owen Pickering for Tomasino and a 2nd?
Hmm. Pickering fits the type of player Trotz and Brunette would probably be interested in, and fills an organizational gap. I don't feel like the difference between the two is a 2nd though. As my fellow Pred fans state though, I'm sure the Preds braintruat will just end up waiving him or something else stupid.

Reactions: Viqsi and Armourboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad