Value of: Tomas Tatar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Wouldn't be surprised if he's a PTO at this point, when NJ signed him it was deeper into free agency as well. He's just not the guy people are coveting as a bigger piece to their teams, just a depth guy.

He scored 20 goals last year that shouldn't be a PTO

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Wouldn't be surprised if he's a PTO at this point, when NJ signed him it was deeper into free agency as well. He's just not the guy people are coveting as a bigger piece to their teams, just a depth guy.
It was day 3, we were bidding on Saad day 2 but he chose Stl because they offered more term. Tatar was the backup plan

Reactions: HugeInTheShire

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
No cap space after the toffoli trade,Meier and Bratt extensions
we could always try to dump jack hughes. although this could be difficult as one of 'our' fans 'thinks' it's one of the worst contracts in the nhl. :laugh:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Outside of Tarasenko and Toews/Kane (When healthy) the best F potentially on market is LW Tomas Tatar

It's been absolute silence in speculation on him and I am a bit surprised no one has signed him at this point

Had most productive season in a few years with 20 G + 28 assists for 48 pts in 82 games

Did his horrible playoff performance sink his FA value? In 12 games for Devils in playoffs he had just 1 goal and was a -7 (The worst among all forwards on Devils)

Reactions: Easternbull

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
He will 100% improve a team this year. 5 on 5 he was apart of one of the best lines in hockey. His advanced analytics are elite and he is a 50 point player, led the NHL in +/- and can be on the 2nd PP Unit.

Contenders will be scared off due to back to back poor playoff showings for them, but he is a good NHL player and Top 6 / Top 9 forward who I assume c an be gotten on the cheap.

Hell, I could see the Devils bring him back for 1 year if his price comes down enough.

1689094318645.png

Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

thethirdhockeyman91

Jun 22, 2018
yeah surprised too he hasn't sign. Im guessing he option #2 for teams interested in Tarasenko. He'll probably sign after Tarasenko imo

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
I’d take him on the Jets on a 1 year deal. Worst case scenario, flip him for a 2nd or a 3rd at the TDL. Jets need to replenish some picks anyway.

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
I was shocked when the Devils scratched him for every game of the playoffs this year, he was such a productive player in the regular season.

I was even more shocked when I found out he actually wasn’t scratched and played every game.

• Haha
Reactions: Whaddagoal

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
I’d take him on the Jets on a 1 year deal. Worst case scenario, flip him for a 2nd or a 3rd at the TDL. Jets need to replenish some picks anyway.
Given his playoff production, it’s unlikely that Tatar will be flipped at the deadline.

That said, I think he’s a valuable add to a team. As others have said, DET / OTT would do well to sign him.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Given his playoff production, it’s unlikely that Tatar will be flipped at the deadline.

That said, I think he’s a valuable add to a team. As others have said, DET / OTT would do well to sign him.
You can always count in some desperate GM to pick him up even if it’s to save face to a fan base that wants a deadline acquisition.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Never forget - He scored a clutch goal in round 1 game 7 against the rangers to go up 2-0. During the celebration, he dropped his mouth guard and went to pick it up and it looked like he was doing the “Ovi stick on fire” cele.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad