Value of: Tomas Tatar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Who signs him? For how much?

I would say, due to his frequent disappearing act in the playoffs but also due to his good play with Hischier in the regular season (and responsible defensive play according to advanced stats) his value is around:

1-year 2M to a contender who ends up with some cap space and needs someone to fill out the top-6
2 years, 4M/per on a mediocre team that is looking to take the next step.

Any buzz on teams that are interested?

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Wouldn't be surprised if he's a PTO at this point, when NJ signed him it was deeper into free agency as well. He's just not the guy people are coveting as a bigger piece to their teams, just a depth guy.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Its tough.

Contenders may be wary because of his history in the playoffs
Basement teams are probably more interested in reclamation projects to fill their roster rather than him.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I circled him as a potential veteran winger to play with all the youngsters in Nashville. I think he's a good fit on a 1 year deal to balance out our lineup with a veteran presence on each line.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
Two years ago NJ signed Tatar after the Tarasenko trade talks seemingly died. Maybe whoever misses out on Tarasenko will sign Tatar this offseason similarly for a one year flyer.

Reactions: Brodeur

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
One of the most useless player when it's playoffs time, but solid in regular season
He'll find a team, no doubt

Honestly, if I were HuGo, I'd sign him cheap and try to sell him high at TDL

Reactions: Frenchy

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Who signs him? For how much?

I would say, due to his frequent disappearing act in the playoffs but also due to his good play with Hischier in the regular season (and responsible defensive play according to advanced stats) his value is around:

1-year 2M to a contender who ends up with some cap space and needs someone to fill out the top-6
2 years, 4M/per on a mediocre team that is looking to take the next step.

Any buzz on teams that are interested?hes

he’s likely a low $1M/ PTO.

he’s stuck behind this stuff with Debrincat, nylander, and Tarasenko and having to wait till the dust settles with other trades thst occur sfter.

if im a team and I have decent winger prospects on ELCs I’d go with them over Tatar.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
One of the most useless player when it's playoffs time, but solid in regular season
He'll find a team, no doubt

Honestly, if I were HuGo, I'd sign him cheap and try to sell him high at TDL
As long as it’s not to a playoff team as he’d serve no purpose to a playoff team.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
He's still a productive regular season player, but he completely vanishes in the playoffs. I don't see a contending team being all that interested as a result.

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014
Tomas Tatar is worth the money. NJ should just resign him. That's a huge loss of offense in regular season. He was one of the reasons they even made the play offs. He is better than DeBrincat.

In the play offs he does not produce but does everything else which was liked.
Whoever gets him will be happy.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Tomas Tatar is worth the money. NJ should just resign him. That's a huge loss of offense in regular season. He was one of the reasons they even made the play offs. He is better than DeBrincat.

In the play offs he does not produce but does everything else which was liked.
Whoever gets him will be happy.
No cap space after the toffoli trade,Meier and Bratt extensions

Reactions: Fuhrious

BobbyShehan

May 29, 2008
NJ
Love the guy. He'll find a place for sure. I just can't explain why he disappears in the playoffs. Not like he's afraid of D plays during the season and he can still contribute on offense. At 2M a year, lots of teams should be on it.

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
He’ll go to Tampa once the Jeannot arbitration is finished and the Bolts move a few salary eaters around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad