Confirmed with Link: Tomas Hertl 17% retained, 2025 3rd, 2027 3rd to Vegas for C David Edstrom, 2025 1st

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
The Grier love on here borders on cultish, what benefit is there to trying to dunk on Hertl now?

The move is whatever, but Hertl was a great shark for many years.
Agreed, he’s infallible in many’s eyes. Had some of his trades he’s made were done by wilson people on this board would go apocalyptic about how bad they were. That’s not including all of his spam UFA signings

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
Like I did last time you pathetically called me out, show me where I said that.

It's people like you that make it hard to be a fan of sports. Congrats for officially doing everything in your power to ruin my enjoyment of Vegas losing. You're a real class act, Leeroy.

Also, congrats on being the first person I've ever put on ignore here. You should be proud.
Page 7

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
really wonder where hertl's game is after this short stint in vegas so far. some of his usual puck protection and entry skills showed but he wasn't crisp. could be the injury but hard to say if he can run it back.

When healthy, any time Hertl went into the corner, he’d not only come out of it with the puck but find something positive to do with it. I haven’t seen that in a while now. Hopefully he gets it back next season. Just as hopefully, his doing so doesn’t help get Las Vegas get any closer to the cup!!

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
The only player that can be considered a game changer on their team anymore is Eichel, and Eichel's time in Buffalo proves that he isn't a player a team can build around.

Yeah, well, the thing is that they already won a Cup with Eichel on the team anyway.

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
Hertl was a great Shark. Literally from the moment he arrived here he’s been an instant fan favorite. He far exceeded his draft position, he oozes charm and charisma, and he’s battled back from some pretty devastating injuries. He signed long term, presumably a retirement contract, even as the team was trending down; on promise that the org would promptly get back to a competitive state.

It didn’t happen that way. He rode out a pitiful year, and was told we’ll be more competitive this year. Well, that clearly didn’t happen, and along the way it was made unmistakably clear this roster is in no way remotely close to competitive or likely to be so for a while. So he took Grier up on the offer to move to a more competitive situation. Quietly. Professionally. No tantrums, no sulking, no sniping via the media, no drama.

Tomas has been a class act his entire time in teal, showing nothing but respect for the fans and the organization. So even as he is now on a rival team, I can’t have anything but respect for Hertl. I hope he has a genuine chance at the Cup before he retires; though I also hope that next season he doesn’t. What I definitely don’t feel the need to do is take some ass hat pot shots at him on anonymous hockey forums.

Last edited:

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I am indifferent.

I've told you guys about the time I encountered Hertl at Willow Glen public library right?
I think he was injured at the time, he brought his kid to hang out with another kid and use the kiddie computers to learn. I didn't approach him, I didn't ask for an autograph. I was just sorta indifferent really. Yeah cool, Hertl's here. Also, he wasn't that big in real life and I'm pretty small I'm 5'10'' I thought he would have a Jagr butt but he doesn't.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
The Grier love on here borders on cultish, what benefit is there to trying to dunk on Hertl now?
I'm sorry your agenda of shitting on Grier took a hit tonight with the Hertl trade looking a little bit better now with Vegas doing nothing in the postseason.

No one's defending the guy who's too obsessed with mocking Hertl now. But saying things like this about the way people here view Grier makes your perspective look equally absurd.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I'm sorry your agenda of shitting on Grier took a hit tonight with the Hertl trade looking a little bit better now with Vegas doing nothing in the postseason.

No one's defending the guy who's too obsessed with mocking Hertl now. But saying things like this about the way people here view Grier makes your perspective look equally absurd.
seriously, "grier defenders" is just another way of saying "realists". No one thinks Grier hit home runs, rather, people think he got fair value for the moves. He delivered on realistic expectations, I'll "defend" that all day

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
seriously, "grier defenders" is just another way of saying "realists". No one thinks Grier hit home runs, rather, people think he got fair value for the moves. He delivered on realistic expectations, I'll "defend" that all day
Karlsson, Burns and Hertl all had one thing in common 2 years ago. Because of age and contract lengths those players were impossible to trade and we would be stuck with them until the very end. 2 years later and not only are all 3 gone, we got some very good assets back in the trades.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Hertl was my favorite player, I loved him so much, at home I would jokingly refer to him as "my son"

Now? He's dead to me (/Tony Soprano voice), that's how deep my hate for Vegas runs

It only took watching him score one goal with them and smile in that shit rag jersey to completely undo my 10 years of affection for him, for as long as he's on that team I wish him the same misfortune as everyone else on that disgusting franchise, p'tooey

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
I haven't really cared about any former Sharks player. Pavelski and Burns are ok, I guess. I sort of like the 'Canes and I'm indifferent about the Stars. But the Knights... That team I can't stand, but it's not about the players, really. Hertl is just another player to me. However, Stone, well, he has a punchable face alright.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Holy shit who cares about Hertl at this point. He should have been gone years ago.

We've been lucky enough to watch actual honest to god Hall of Famers like Thornton, Marleau and Pavelski. There's no need to worship every mediocre player who rolls through here. We're not Columbus.

TealManV

A man has said
Oct 12, 2011
California
Karlsson, Burns and Hertl all had one thing in common 2 years ago. Because of age and contract lengths those players were impossible to trade and we would be stuck with them until the very end. 2 years later and not only are all 3 gone, we got some very good assets back in the trades.
Personally, I’d remove Burns from that list.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Of all the ex Sharks players that moved, I cheered for Pavs, Marleau and Joe to win the cup. Maybe Boyle cause I loved that guy, but he had already won one. The rest, I don’t particularly care. I like Hert and hold no grudges but I hate his team and it’s Pavs all the way for me.
I was Thornton biggest fan but i could not cheer for him or Marleau when they were leafs.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Holy shit who cares about Hertl at this point. He should have been gone years ago.

We've been lucky enough to watch actual honest to god Hall of Famers like Thornton, Marleau and Pavelski. There's no need to worship every mediocre player who rolls through here. We're not Columbus.
Fans get attached to long time players on their favorite teams, more news at 10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad