Tom Wilson appeal last 7 hours, Bettman to make ruling in a week. (upd: suspension upheld)

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

the point is, it will likely be 3 weeks from when wilson appealed to when bettman makes a decision and thats even before an arbitrator. Im not understanding 1) why the appeal hearing was 2 weeks after he appealed and why bettman needs a week.

no one is saying the hit shouldnt be suspended, Im asking why is it taking so long to do the appeal process?

Reactions: CapsJunkie

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
What did he say for 7 hours? "Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please?"

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I know people will be tempted to say not long enough because it’s Wilson, but generally for any player it should be shorter. What’s the point of an appeal if a player will have mostly served his sentence by the time of the decision? How hard is it for the league to make a decision?

And then he can still go to an arbitrator after who would probably shrink the suspension almost guaranteed

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
The hit was similar in principle to the hit on guadreau in that the player was eligible to be hit as in he had the puck, but he’s low and the hitter comes up from behind to make an unnecessary and avoidable hit that resulted with contact to the head

I can see his suspension being reduced by the arbitration, or even Bettman, assuming the league doesn’t want to openly acknowledge that resulting injury is the main determinant in deciding punishment, because it takes players health very seriously.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Come on, Bettman is really busy and has a really tough schedule.

Also, Wilson has nothing to appeal. He's just broken a new NHL record in being a dumb player that will apparently never learn.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
I know people will be tempted to say not long enough because it’s Wilson, but generally for any player it should be shorter. What’s the point of an appeal if a player will have mostly served his sentence by the time of the decision? How hard is it for the league to make a decision?

And then he can still go to an arbitrator after who would probably shrink the suspension almost guaranteed

I dunno. You have to try pretty hard in the NHL to get suspended for 10-20 games.

I'm okay with those guys not getting appeals.

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
The hit was similar in principle to the hit on guadreau in that the player was eligible to be hit as in he had the puck, but he’s low and the hitter comes up from behind to make an unnecessary and avoidable hit that resulted with contact to the head

I can see his suspension being reduced by the arbitration, or even Bettman, assuming the league doesn’t want to openly acknowledge that resulting injury is the main determinant in deciding punishment, because it takes players health very seriously.

Something something 4th suspension in 13 months. Keep doing stupid things, win stupid prizes. I mean, they even mentioned this in the review video.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
What did he say for 7 hours? "Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please?"
I said those and it took me about 40 ish seconds or so he must talk very slow

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Who all was there? Wilson and Bettman, obviously. Agent, NHLPA, DoPS?

The more parties, the more presentations and conversations, the more time consumed. That I understand.

Almost a week to make a decision? That makes no sense to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,050.00