CBC Hot Stove: Tolvanen, Niku amongst prospects in play

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
wait till someone has 80-100 games played in their career before pulling out the advanced stats poop not give or take in or around 10 games played

why do you think i asked about his on ice play?

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Uh, he's 5'11 165, and he has almost 100 more assists than goals. Let's not take offense when someone accurately describes a player.
Nashville got pummeled by a bigger and faster Winnipeg team last year, we need a big goal scorer. Someone like Stone makes more sense than Panarin, IMO.
I wouldnt mind panarin. He would make the preds a lot better BUT he already said what kind place he would be willing to sign at and nashville isn't one of those places so the point is moot. I wouldn't give Tolvenen for a rental period I don't care who it is. But I would rather have a signed stone for sure and a 1st Tolvenen smith and maybe even another pick if the price got driven up would work for me.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
I don’t care if it’s Stone, Duchene, Panarin, etc but we absolutely have to land another top offensive guy.

We’re a one line team. Won’t fly in the playoffs.
Preds should go after Taylor Hall. Fiala+1st+ prospect for Hall!

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The only GMs that would ever give Kypreos anything are blowing smoke. He's just not sharp enough to figure things out.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Kyperous just makes stuff up and says dumb **** all the time. He said he was hearin Roslovic like a day before it came out that the Jets were refusing to even discuss Roslo
Doesn't mean the team on the other end isn't asking about them.

LD is a big obvious weakness for us, so I also think Niku is pretty unlikely to be traded unless the return is ridiculous and including hin significantly reduces the cost of acquiring the player we're after.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Niku is Japanese for meat. I hope he doesn't get traded to the Rangers, because I can't un-know it. I can't hear that 20 times a game and not feel a little weirded out by it.

NHL

Sep 1, 2014
Would the Preds take a gritty 30 goals scorer in Brendan Gallagher for a young Eeli Tolvanen?

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
why do you think i asked about his on ice play?
I would say his best asset is his skating and offensive IQ. He's got silk feet and just oozes offensive potential. The first time this year he was put in the lineup for a string of games, you could see his confidence grow significantly where he would go for it rather than make a conservative safe play. He's not as strong in the defensive zone, but has made strides and will come in time. I'm not an advanced stat guy (never took the time to learn it, have nothing against it) but i'd wager that his advanced stats may be skewed from going from the pressbox into top pairing minutes.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Kyperous just makes stuff up and says dumb **** all the time. He said he was hearin Roslovic like a day before it came out that the Jets were refusing to even discuss Roslo
At least we can agree on our shared opinion that kypreos sucks.:naughty::thumbu:

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Would the Preds take a gritty 30 goals scorer in Brendan Gallagher for a young Eeli Tolvanen?
? I wasn't imagining Gallagher could be available, the Habs are doing great? But I would say yes to that one... with a couple years left at a friendly cap hit, Gallagher going to the net could be just what we need. Tolvanen won't go for any rental, but I'd take this one.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
1st + Tolvanen for a signed Kevin Hayes
What's the contract? I wouldn't trade that for an un-signed Hayes, that's for sure. But I'm not sure we'd want to sign him either? Don't know that he's worth even his current deal to us, let alone more on a huge term? I can't see giving up our 1st+Tolvanen unless it's a signed Stone/Panarin/Duchene coming back. Hayes isn't in that category.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad