Time to change goal song?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
L'Oreille is from another era and should not be brought back. This is just nostalgia talk from when us millennials were younger.

Not that the current goal song is great but I think it does the job fine.

Reactions: Kairi Zaide

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
L'Oreille is from another era and should not be brought back. This is just nostalgia talk from when us millennials were younger.

What a crappy take

Its the best song, nothing to do with nostalgia.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
To me it seem evident and I said it multiple time. we need multiple song depending on the situation…
To catch the different energy…
I would have a song for each player it would be cool but it might be to individual and less consistency they would get it wrong to many time so base on the situation would be easier
Not necessarily those song but something like

Game winner OT - All I do is win
tying goal can’t stop me now
Go head - Oreille
Goal when leading - le but
Goal while trailing - Happier / lose your self
PK / PP seven nation Army / Can’t hold us
Shoutout- high Hope/ light em up / Sandstrom
Shoutout save - hey man, nice shot
I love this idea. Reminds me of when they play the 'I can feel it commmmmin' part of 'In the Air Tonight' when they go on a PP now.

Get's me hyped every time.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Vertigo from u2 was the best to me
The non remix version of vertigo was #2 for me.

The original l'oriel is #1 for its time. It sounds dated today but it has the foundation to be modernized a bit and still hold up.

The rest have been either meh or less.

Reactions: Hins77

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Let players have their choices. Allow overrule if they pick Modern Country or Nickelback. That is very obviously the only objective correct take.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006

I see where you're coming from. From the songs listed by the OP. My favourite is L'Oreille. With all the changes the team has made over the last couple of years. I think it may be time to come up with something new. Something that might reflect the new image of the team.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Do the Buffalo thing and let each player chose their own goal song.
That’s why Buffalo isn’t successful, more concerned about individual players than the team. The team scored, not that individual player.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
That’s why Buffalo isn’t successful, more concerned about individual players than the team. The team scored, not that individual player.
Nothing to do with that. Jets had one of the best record last season and they also let their players pick the goal song. Buffalo's case has been mostly a lack of vision from their management on top of a lack of commitment to provide the necessary supporting cast to their star players.

You're doing the x.com thing with this post.

• Haha
Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Nothing to do with that. Jets had one of the best record last season and they also let their players pick the goal song. Buffalo's case has been mostly a lack of vision from their management on top of a lack of commitment to provide the necessary supporting cast to their star players.

I mean can't get respect from opponents when one of your top player has a high school musical song :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Leto and Habs10Habs

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

I’m not saying it’s the reason. I’m just saying these are low tier franchises that are more concerned about financial benefits than they are team success. Of course they have cheesy shit, they need to put butts in seats. The Habs are an entity, the team is bigger than the players. I think it should reflect that too.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I’m not saying it’s the reason. I’m just saying these are low tier franchises that are more concerned about financial benefits than they are team success. Of course they have cheesy shit, they need to put butts in seats. The Habs are an entity, the team is bigger than the players. I think it should reflect that too.
Meh it's meaningless fun and interactive with the crowd a la triple low 5. It's not individualisssss

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Meh it's meaningless fun and interactive with the crowd a la triple low 5. It's not individualisssss
Have you heard the Habs crowd? You don’t need some shitty country song to play when Josh Anderson scores to get them to cheer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad