Player Discussion Tim Stützle - (C) - Part VI

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

ac096c18362f1f8922cac8b6729420b7.jpg
Anyone who gets a stick in the head, has a reaction,
And it doesn’t matter who’s stick it is, player might not even know,
Impact also knocked his helmet off, dumb take.

Reactions: Dionysus

thammias

Feb 8, 2006
Expecting a big bounce back season for our boy. Looks like the nagging wrist injury he got in game 4 of last year might be behind him. That first goal of the year, he wasn't scoring those type of goals last year, he wasn't even trying to shoot like that. All his goals last year were dekes or tap ins around the net or five hole shots, which after we found out about his wrist at seasons end made alot of sense.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
Expecting a big bounce back season for our boy. Looks like the nagging wrist injury he got in game 4 of last year might be behind him. That first goal of the year, he wasn't scoring those type of goals last year, he wasn't even trying to shoot like that. All his goals last year were dekes or tap ins around the net or five hole shots, which after we found out about his wrist at seasons end made alot of sense.
I also loved his hustle to get that empty netter. I've also noticed his attention to details have improved immensely. Not tryng to force plays, dangle, errant passing. He's looking so good. Regarding the PP goal, he moved to the center to get his shot. It's too bad he's on his off-side in the setup because Norris is on the other side, but if he keeps moving around when he has the puck, they he'll be successful. Also loved his post-game interview where he talked about playing as a team (unit), not making stupid mistakes like last year. I think he's embracing the new team first, attention to details, 200-ft game approach being implemented. He also now sees that it doesn't mean you won't get your offensive looks, just don't force them. I think he's going to have a monster year this season.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
What I would like to see for Timmy is him getting up right away after being dumped, instead of sitting there looking to make eye contact with the refs.

When guys do that they lose precious seconds to get back into the play, and it accomplishes nothing because the ref is either going to call a penalty or not, and would have done so already.

Just get up off your ass and get back into the play immediately.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
His goal tonight, almost identical to the one he had in preseason against Pittsburgh is deadly and a great indication that his wrist is feeling good. The puck is so far out in front and his hands are so high on his stick. He’s done that a lot and there’s no reason a goaltender should expect a shot there. As long he remains healthy he is probably staring down a 40 goal season.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
His goal tonight, almost identical to the one he had in preseason against Pittsburgh is deadly and a great indication that his wrist is feeling good. The puck is so far out in front and his hands are so high on his stick. He’s done that a lot and there’s no reason a goaltender should expect a shot there. As long he remains healthy he is probably staring down a 40 goal season.
I good start for Stü is good for our team from my perspective. We need him going, to jump start the rest of the team.

Reactions: Korpse

Stutzlaaaa

Dec 18, 2021
Stu was always primed to be a superstar , he was just lacking the physique growth. I think we will see that this year and rest of the league. He has shown his much stronger this year , ye even his feets hhh.
He just starting to heat off and will be on cruise mode soon.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
The last time we played good/won games for a significant time is when a healthy Stu carried us.

Even with the crappy team start it is encouraging he looks back to that form.

Maybe we can actually make noise now that Ullmark and Sanderson could also help him carry.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
As Stu goes, so go the Sens. Only player on the team who can create offense consistently.

Nice to see his shot is back. As a dual shooting and passing threat he can really put defenses on their heels. Its too bad he doesn't have another elite offensive player to play with.

Really need the secondary scoring to step up soon.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
As Stu goes, so go the Sens. Only player on the team who can create offense consistently.

Nice to see his shot is back. As a dual shooting and passing threat he can really put defenses on their heels. Its too bad he doesn't have another elite offensive player to play with.

Really need the secondary scoring to step up soon.
Agreed. We probably need to have a 95+ season from Stutzle to have the kind of season we are all hoping for.

And, I also think that there’s a number of our other good forwards who have been pretty quiet and just haven’t hit their stride so far.

Reactions: Dionysus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad