TikTok sponsors Washington DC Capitals Jerseys

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
WOW this is getting a lot of hate for an ad you will not be able to see from the stands or most shots during the game.

I mean I do get it TikToc sucks and whatever, adds suck but in the scope of most adds this is pretty unobtrusive.
Desecration of jerseys is a problem regardless of what the ad is for. Personally, I avoid doing business with any company who pays money to disgrace the sport with one of these abominations.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Desecration of jerseys is a problem regardless of what the ad is for. Personally, I avoid doing business with any company who pays money to disgrace the sport with one of these abominations.
I get that thought but be serious, that add is so small you will only see it on close up shots. Not one single person not on the first 3 rows at the arenas will be able to see it. Its about as unobtrusive an add as you will get.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Agreed. Sorry if I seemed outraged, it just grinds my gears. Not happy about all these jersey ads in any sport.
Whats to be sorry for, you're not wrong. I doubt one single Leafs player likes the MILK ad on their chest or TD in Vancouver, they look stupid. Theyve even got ads on the sleeves for for MLB teams now. Cant stand seeing that bright green TD ad on the Jays jerseys. Put it on the ice or the boards or stuff the ad up the owners' ass.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
The Washington Capitals aren't exactly reputed for their great ethics so this isn't really surprising but still disappointing.

And as usual, the NHL will do nothing.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
What company, I don't really care. That there's an ad at all, I do. I collect jerseys, and I want two things as part of that: 1) that I'm not a walking billboard for anything other than the team and the jersey manufacturer, and 2) that what I'm wearing is fundamentally the same as what the players are. If they're wearing ads and I'm not, the second isn't true; if there's an ad on my jersey, the first isn't.

I don't give a damn about the helmets, or the breezers, or the skates, or any of that crap, but if you're marketing a $180-250 piece of clothing to customers on the basis that it's what the players wear, that shouldn't be a lie, and I shouldn't have to walk around advertising a GD insurance company.
As a game worn collector as well…these ads can be removed quite easily. They are embroidered on a patch and sewn on the jersey. easy to remove with a seam ripper and an iron. Some teams appear to have ads stitched right on the jersey, i hate those.

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Since 1960-2000. Players average Contracts have risen by 800x increase. Inflation during the same time was 8x. In last 20 years this is only getting worse.
No chance that’s true.

In 2000 the average NHL salary was $1.2M. If that was an 800x increase over the 1960 salary, avg salary in 1960 would have been $1500, and that was well below the poverty line even back then.

In any event I’m not sure what the point of the comparison is. The league generates way more money now, and the job of a hockey player has become exponentially more demanding than it was back then. If anything I would argue that the high end talent in the league is considerably underpaid.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I have zero clue what you were trying to say here.

- concerned 46 year old
I think the broccoli haircut is similar to that sported by Kansas City Chiefs Quarterback Patrick Mahomes. "Deadass", "no cap" and "fr" pretty much mean the same thing, that the statement is truthful. "fr" is short for "for real"

"The Washington Capitals are really going to show up with frohawks"

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
The Washington Capitals aren't exactly reputed for their great ethics so this isn't really surprising but still disappointing.

And as usual, the NHL will do nothing.
lol why would the NHL care to do anything? They have partnered with TikTok in the past

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
As a game worn collector as well…these ads can be removed quite easily. They are embroidered on a patch and sewn on the jersey. easy to remove with a seam ripper and an iron. Some teams appear to have ads stitched right on the jersey, i hate those.
Oh, yeah, it's definitely doable. I've taken a seam ripper to one of my hats before to pick out an ad I didn't like there. The issue for me is having to choose between wearing what the players are wearing, and feeling like I'm free advertisement for a company. I ultimately come down on the side of removing the ads or buying ad-free jerseys, but the cognitive dissonance doesn't go away, I've just chosen which annoys me less.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Oh, yeah, it's definitely doable. I've taken a seam ripper to one of my hats before to pick out an ad I didn't like there. The issue for me is having to choose between wearing what the players are wearing, and feeling like I'm free advertisement for a company. I ultimately come down on the side of removing the ads or buying ad-free jerseys, but the cognitive dissonance doesn't go away, I've just chosen which annoys me less.
I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m doing a jersey foul. When I get a fanatics gameworn oilers jersey I’m sticking the finals patch over the ad.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
We got Iron Bow Technologies. IT solutions for the future!
1717412978317445.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad