TikTok sponsors Washington DC Capitals Jerseys

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

zoA

Mar 23, 2010
Are the caps required to do a stupid dance, post obvious misinformation, or do some sort of brainrot after a win, or what ?

“Hey folks, Tom Wilson here, and it’s time for another get ready with me. I like to start my day by flexing on some of the local kids and then doing a Fortnite dance.”

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Fitting, since the Caps are also only worth watching in short bursts.

My opinion of jersey ads overall is unprintable, but it takes a lot for me to work up any special amount of outrage for a given ad compared to any other. This is just a different desecration of something that should be meaningful to their organization as something other than a mobile billboard, not materially different from their other one.

The only ones I think I've ever been OK with were the Jazz having 5 for the Fight on their jerseys, and the Kraken advertising the Muckleshoot Indian Tribe, because those were less obviously commercial in nature.

Reactions: cptjeff

zoA

Mar 23, 2010
Don't forget the Leafs were sponsored by TikTok as well on thier helmets.

I mean, we have Auston Bieber, Tickle-Me Marner, and William Hairlander so I understood that one, lol. There is a long list of embarrassing Leaf situations so it didn’t hurt as much. We’re sponsored by the dairy mafia now…

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I mean, we have Auston Bieber, Tickle-Me Marner, and William Hairlander so I understood that one, lol. There is a long list of embarrassing Leaf situations so it didn’t hurt as much. I mean, we’re sponsored by the dairy mafia now…
its more like a cart(on)el.

im from Ottawa... I LOVE THE DIARY FARMERS OF ONTARIO. ( no brainwashing here)

Reactions: zoA

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017
With every Sponsor Patch. Ticket price should come down. Everything about attending a Hockey game is 3 or more times too expensive. Thanks to greedy owners and players. Salary cap going to stagnate soon. Teams should be weary of huge contracts with the idea that the cap is on a linear rise.

Since 1960-2000. Players average Contracts have risen by 800x increase. Inflation during the same time was 8x. In last 20 years this is only getting worse.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Crazy to see the things that really piss people off lol

Like who gives a shit what companys are on jerseys

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Crazy to see the things that really piss people off lol

Like who gives a shit what companys are on jerseys

What company, I don't really care. That there's an ad at all, I do. I collect jerseys, and I want two things as part of that: 1) that I'm not a walking billboard for anything other than the team and the jersey manufacturer, and 2) that what I'm wearing is fundamentally the same as what the players are. If they're wearing ads and I'm not, the second isn't true; if there's an ad on my jersey, the first isn't.

I don't give a damn about the helmets, or the breezers, or the skates, or any of that crap, but if you're marketing a $180-250 piece of clothing to customers on the basis that it's what the players wear, that shouldn't be a lie, and I shouldn't have to walk around advertising a GD insurance company.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
In my mind, it’s hard to envision a scenario where a Washington Captials fan that doesn’t know TikTok will see the logo and decide to give it a go.

RestlessYoungZero

Jul 10, 2011
still puzzling a team is sponsored by a generic drink like milk but I'll take it anyday over tiktok

What next, an Apple juice patch?
1725907032225.png

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Man, this jersey advertisement is pure horseshit. Fans should absolutely voice their displeasure loudly. We get nothing out of this crap, nobody should defend this. NHL owners can get f***ed
"Why? its not like they will put ads in another place that would be way worse, what's the big deal?"

Said every time over the last 10 years+ anytime they broke a new ad barrier, but this time it's actually true. What does it matter if they put them on the pants at this point, its over, we lost.

Said years ago when they implemented the "no tuck" rule ads were coming, so when Ovi is out of the league and ads find their way onto more places onto the jersey, it won't feel weird to actually enforce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad