TikTok sponsors Washington DC Capitals Jerseys

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
still puzzling a team is sponsored by a generic drink like milk but I'll take it anyday over tiktok

What next, an Apple juice patch?
'Milk' is for the Dairy Farmers of Ontario.

Maple Leafs add Dairy Farmers of Ontario logo to jerseys for upcoming season

1725891747898.png

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
The worst ones are the ones that are just total opposites of the colour of the jerseys. The Flyers one is bright blue on an orange and black jersey, it looks so out of place. At least some make sense colour wise.
Companies don't want to spend millions of dollars just to have their ads blend in and go unnoticed.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Man, this jersey advertisement is pure horseshit. Fans should absolutely voice their displeasure loudly. We get nothing out of this crap, nobody should defend this. NHL owners can get f***ed

i haven't bought a single dollars worth of NHL Merch, paid for the Network, bought the EA game, or attended a live game in years, and i intend to keep it that way. This from someone who was a 'heavy user' in that i wed once a season ticket holder and has a whole closet full of jerseys.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Hmm, I could have sworn I already saw tik tok on some jersey or helmet before.

I mean to be fair, it is objectively funny that the hockey team in Washington is now sponsored by the company that the US Government in Washington has already said it will ban unless its Chinese owners sell it.

I'm not American, but my understanding is that a foreign company cannot "contribute" to American political parties.

Tik tok can't buy local representatives, so they bought the caps jersey instead :p

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
TikTok is the most distilled form of modern day garbage that is destroying the minds of our young (and not-so-young) people, through outrageous amounts of dopamine addiction that cripple attention spans and constant propaganda from internal dissidents and hostile foreign powers. It is drugs, marketed to adolescents, with a strong side of brainwashing. Come for the funny dances, stay for the glorious communist revolution comrade! (I kid you not, I have a friend who has become a communist largely due to TikTok)

It is pure, pure garbage. Therefore, the NHL will gladly embrace it and put it fittingly next to the latest round of gambling ads.
man that's way too long to read

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Did I miss the posters who are only here to say that TikTok is totally not spying on them and it's all a conspiracy? I need a good laugh this morning.

*Yes, ALL social media platforms do it and in most cases, the user is the one providing the details. Doesn't make it right.

• Haha
Reactions: John Price

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Did I miss the posters who are only here to say that TikTok is totally not spying on them and it's all a conspiracy? I need a good laugh this morning.

*Yes, ALL social media platforms do it and in most cases, the user is the one providing the details. Doesn't make it right.
It's who TikTok is selling the data to.

I dont' give a shit if FB and IG sell my data to advertisers to show me ads that I can't even see anyway. Same with google.

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

I dont' give a shit if FB and IG sell my data to advertisers to show me ads that I can't even see anyway. Same with google.
Agreed. I get the uproar. The stuff I've read and watched indicates the app is basically malware that let's you watch stupid, addictive, time-consuming, non-sense.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006

You do realize that all your data is available for purchase for anybody anywhere anyway?

The main three reasons why Tiktok was banned is because 1) it was a competitor to American companies and to the Silicon Valley domination of the Internet, 2) it wouldn't allow the US state apparatus and secret police (all those alphabet intelligence agencies, you know, the actual "deep state") a backdoor to their app like all Silicon Valley apps do, and 3) its algorithm was too powerful and independent so that the powers that be couldn't control and dictate the narrative like they can on MSM and Silicon Valley apps. That's it.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
TikTok is the most distilled form of modern day garbage that is destroying the minds of our young (and not-so-young) people, through outrageous amounts of dopamine addiction that cripple attention spans and constant propaganda from internal dissidents and hostile foreign powers. It is drugs, marketed to adolescents, with a strong side of brainwashing. Come for the funny dances, stay for the glorious communist revolution comrade! (I kid you not, I have a friend who has become a communist largely due to TikTok)

It is pure, pure garbage. Therefore, the NHL will gladly embrace it and put it fittingly next to the latest round of gambling ads.

You're not making a very compelling case to be anti TikTok.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
With every social media platform you are volunteering your personal information to anyone with access to the internet

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
You do realize that all your data is available for purchase for anybody anywhere anyway?

The main three reasons why Tiktok was banned is because 1) it was a competitor to American companies and to the Silicon Valley domination of the Internet, 2) it wouldn't allow the US state apparatus and secret police (all those alphabet intelligence agencies, you know, the actual "deep state") a backdoor to their app like all Silicon Valley apps do, and 3) its algorithm was too powerful and independent so that the powers that be couldn't control and dictate the narrative like they can on MSM and Silicon Valley apps. That's it.
All I know is that IG, FB and the like aren't being threatened with a nationwide ban like TikTok is.

Don't think the US won't do it. They literally banned X in Brazil. It'll happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad