Tie game, 1 min left, Kris Russell panicks and shoots in his own net

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I say this with a raised eyebrow, if this is Oilers Hockey, has anyone validated how many of McDavid's goals were scored on the opponent's goal?

They say you can get away with a lot when no one is watching

Might be worth a look see.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I say this with a raised eyebrow, if this is Oilers Hockey, has anyone validated how many of McDavid's goals were scored on the opponent's goal?

They say you can get away with a lot when no one is watching

Might be worth a look see.

Cringe humour attempt

Reactions: Syckle78

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Russell's OG was bad, but McLellan sending out the 4th line instead of McDavid's line in a 4-4 game with 1 minute left is arguably just as bad if not worse.

Reactions: Peanut

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Poor Russell. Just when the Oilers were starting to come around. Hopefully this doesn't set them back again.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I'll take the 2 points and I feel bad for the guy and all but for real...don't be willy nilly and careless with the puck in front of your own net.

That's like Atom hockey level stuff there.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Russell has always been a clutch player.
I know you're joking, but in that game you are actually right. He was the one that tied the game just before this. Although if anti-clutch is a thing then I guess he's even for the night lol

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I know you're joking, but in that game you are actually right. He was the one that tied the game just before this. Although if anti-clutch is a thing then I guess he's even for the night lol

It was kind of a joke. Russell can actually be a really clutch player. In this case, it was just a joke about how he scored the game winner. Worked on two levels basically.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Gaudreau - Stajan - Brouwer

I've seen that line out with 2 minutes left more than I'd like to have ever seen.

I was a little off, I'm referring to more of 5 minutes left in the game. Regardless, he plays our bottom 6 a little more than the usual, especially when your down a goal.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
As if weirder things haven't happened in Edmonton before. Hockey gods are at it again, just evening things out. :D

Bergevin once threw it into his own net in a playoff game against the Sharks.

mrXKzT.gif

Reactions: Price is Wright

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Nice to see them not hitting the post for once.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad