Ticket/Attendance Discussion: The Sequel

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Not overly surprised they didn't sell out. They hardly sold out early last year and the home opener didn't sell out either. Was it not Thanksgiving in Edmonton last night :dunno:.
IMO the price of everything, garbage downtown, and overall cheaper & arguable better bang-for-your buck alternatives is what the Jets sales is up against.

Last edited:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I never really buy the "garbage downtown" as some major reason for the decline in jets ticket sales. It's well down the list.
The bottom line is that TNSE is going to have to get off their asses and hustle for ticket sales. They can't sit on their laurels and just put up the "NHL Hockey" shutter and expect regular season sell-outs anymore. Those days are long gone - and probably needlessly since they could've milked it forever if they weren't so terminally tone-deaf.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
The bottom line is that TNSE is going to have to get off their asses and hustle for ticket sales. They can't sit on their laurels and just put up the "NHL Hockey" shutter and expect regular season sell-outs anymore. Those days are long gone - and probably needlessly since they could've milked it forever if they weren't so terminally tone-deaf.
I think they are hustling for sales.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I think they are hustling for sales.
I mean relative to their marketing plan of doing absolutely nothing from 1996-2021, sure.

Winnipeg was such an easy market from the time they brought in the Moose until the wheels started coming off a few years ago, they've just got no marketing sense. The marketing cupboards are bare! :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad