Pre-Game Talk: Thursday vs. Vancouver: Freeze Company

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The upcoming Montreal games…

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Another meaningless game against a far inferior opponent. The only goal is to get McDavid to 100. I know we don't care if we win or lose, but IMO these are must win games. The team needs to build it's own motivation here and play a typical playoff style hockey game. It's very upsetting that the scheduling ended up like this to end the season.

Love Drai's comments about getting Connor to 100. The team does owe him that.

The D changes: Kulikov should play in every game as he's still getting used to systems play. If Lars, Barrie, Nurse don't want a night off, then the coach should play them in every game. I don't have an issue with that.

I see all the covid talk was removed from the thread so I won't respond on that.

Reactions: nally

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Why? Those 3 Right Handed Dmen have been great for us. If you don't see that, then you're just being silly. Do you want a deep run and a Stanley Cup? Or do you want your favourite rookie to play?

I think it makes sense to play him and allow the others to rest. Playing one game in a span of two months isn't doing anything for Bouchard's development.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Why? Those 3 Right Handed Dmen have been great for us. If you don't see that, then you're just being silly. Do you want a deep run and a Stanley Cup? Or do you want your favourite rookie to play?

Honestly Bouchard is better right now than freaking Bear who shits the bed every 2nd game.

These games mean nothing yet we still can't give this kid some playing time? Gimme a break.

Playing against Vancouver who checked out of this season 6 weeks ago doesn't mean dick all for what happens in the playoffs. They're playing like an AHL team at this point.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Other than McDavid hitting triple digits this game is essentially meaningless for the Oilers. Don't understand why you wouldn't experiment a bit.

Tippett said, after this game, he wants the main roster to play the rest of the games so they can go into the playoffs running

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Honestly Bouchard is better right now than freaking Bear who shits the bed every 2nd game.

These games mean nothing yet we still can't give this kid some playing time? Gimme a break.

Playing against Vancouver who checked out of this season 6 weeks ago doesn't mean dick all for what happens in the playoffs. They're playing like an AHL team at this point.

No he's not better right now sorry. Bouchard obviously will be better than him by next season but Bear has played top pair, last season, and he proved he can handle it. He probably should be playing I agree but I'm not as upset about it as everyone else lol

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
How much hockey have you watched this year? Because up until like 5 games ago Bear was ******* horrible. Yet he got given way more leash. The reason he plays over Bouchard though is he is on the PK which I have no problem with.

There is 5 virtually meaningless games left, the only real meaning left is getting Connor to 100. I’m not saying play Bouchard in the playoffs, but they should reward him for good play the other night, and being apart of practice for the last 2 months.

Is it going to Kill Bear to sit for 1-2 more games in the last 5 to allow Bouchard a few minutes?

I will give props to Tippett though in at least he played the **** out of Bouchard the other night.

I think most fans are just exciting to see what he could do if left to be in the lineup, and given half the leash and opportunity Bear has been given.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
No he's not better right now sorry. Bouchard obviously will be better than him by next season but Bear has played top pair, last season, and he proved he can handle it. He probably should be playing I agree but I'm not as upset about it as everyone else lol

He's better than Bear already IMO, I watched his d-zone coverage and watched him seal off players with his size, something Bear will never have. Better zone exits too.

I like Bear too, but he hasn't been great this year. One good game followed up by a game of stupid all year long, he and Jones have gifted the Flames alone like 3 or 4 freebie goals this year including the last game on the Gaudreau goal.

This guy isn't so much better than Bouchard or better at all to warrant having an iron clad roster spot over him in this fashion.

Also do Barrie and Larsson have to play every. freaking. game? They're going to be rusty if they sit 1 freaking game? C'mon.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I think it makes sense to play him and allow the others to rest. Playing one game in a span of two months isn't doing anything for Bouchard's development.

You guys said the same thing before about Bouchard's development being stunted yet he came out last game and played the best game of his career so far lmao. He also did a great job on the PK after nothing got done for his development (apparently). In his interview, he seems to relish in the opportunity to practice what he needs to work on with the coaching staff. It's certainly helped him.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
How much hockey have you watched this year? Because up until like 5 games ago Bear was ******* horrible. Yet he got given way more leash. The reason he plays over Bouchard though is he is on the PK which I have no problem with.

There is 5 virtually meaningless games left, the only real meaning left is getting Connor to 100. I’m not saying play Bouchard in the playoffs, but they should reward him for good play the other night, and being apart of practice for the last 2 months.

Is it going to Kill Bear to sit for 1-2 more games in the last 5 to allow Bouchard a few minutes?

I will give props to Tippett though in at least he played the **** out of Bouchard the other night.

I think most fans are just exciting to see what he could do if left to be in the lineup, and given half the leash and opportunity Bear has been given.
I've watched every single game thank you very much and I think you have been the one who hasn't watched hockey. Bear's game is have been good the last month. He's been horrible? I'm sorry that makes no sense.

I wouldn't say the MTL games are meaningless. That may be our first round matchup

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
You guys said the same thing before about Bouchard's development being stunted yet he came out last game and played the best game of his career so far lmao. He also did a great job on the PK after nothing got done for his development (apparently). In his interview, he seems to relish in the opportunity to practice what he needs to work on with the coaching staff. It's certainly helped him.

So you'd think he would play a couple more games then and allow guys like Bear, Barrie, or Larsson to rest for a bit, especially by having the best game of his career last game, right? That's a logical move. Relishing in practice is still much different than actually playing against opponents in an actual game.

There's no logic to Bouchard scoring a goal, logging lots of minutes, and having the best game of his career to being scratched out likely for the rest of the season especially when the Oilers locked a playoff spot and home ice.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
He's better than Bear already IMO, I watched his d-zone coverage and watched him seal off players with his size, something Bear will never have. Better zone exits too.

I like Bear too, but he hasn't been great this year. One good game followed up by a game of stupid all year long, he and Jones have gifted the Flames alone like 3 or 4 freebie goals this year including the last game on the Gaudreau goal.

This guy isn't so much better than Bouchard or better at all to warrant having an iron clad roster spot over him in this fashion.

Also do Barrie and Larsson have to play every. freaking. game? They're going to be rusty if they sit 1 freaking game? C'mon.
I don't think he is yet. That Canucks team is an AHL team remember? Bear and Jones have picked up their game the last month. Yeah that game against Flames wasn't good for them I agree.

Yes he is better, right now until next season, Soundwave don't be so biased. He didn't play top pair last year by luck and excel at it. As for Barrie and Larsson, I agree they probably should have a game off

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
So you'd think he would play a couple more games then and allow guys like Bear, Barrie, or Larsson to rest for a bit, especially by having the best game of his career last game, right? That's a logical move. Relishing in practice is still much different than actually playing against opponents in an actual game.

There's no logic to Bouchard scoring a goal, logging lots of minutes, and having the best game of his career to being scratched out likely for the rest of the season especially when the Oilers locked a playoff spot and home ice.

Why don't you go watch Tippett's press conference today? I'm not going to argue with you lol. If you want to get angry about this and stomp your feet then by all means lol

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Why don't you go watch Tippett's press conference today? I'm not going to argue with you lol. If you want to get angry about this and stomp your feet then by all means lol

Lol, its not about arguing? Its about making some logical sense. The playoffs are gonna be a huge battle especially if they play the habs. Resting the key D like Larsson and Barrie would keep them fresh. I don't get why anytime somebody discusses or responds to you, you always bring out the 'you're just angry and I will not argue with you.' Good lord.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
It's clear Tippett wants our playoff lineup to build momentum and maintain their rhythm heading into the playoffs. He said himself he doesn't like resting guys.

I might have sat Larsson or Barrie for a game but it's not a huge deal either way. It should be up to the players more than anything.

The kid will play eventually. His time will come. (And when it does people will be complaining that we don't have Barrie, but I digress).

And no - Bouchard is not better than Bear at defending. He requires a lot of sheltering, which is fine because he's a rookie. To suggest that Bouchard is already a better defender than Bear is laughable.

Reactions: CupofOil

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I'm not really as upset about this as everyone else here. I want the Cup. I can wait for Bouchard to play until next season.
Who is he going to replace? They really have to figure out if he is a prospect they want here long term or not. I think they have done a terrible job with him this year, but he might be so good, he will get better in spite of the Oilers.

You would think they want to see what they have in him before blowing their wads on barrie 100%.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I really wish he'd give Stalock a game to get him some action in since he hasn't played this season.

Just in case......well, you know.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Lol, its not about arguing? Its about making some logical sense. The playoffs are gonna be a huge battle especially if they play the habs. Resting the key D like Larsson and Barrie would keep them fresh. I don't get why anytime somebody discusses or responds to you, you always bring out the 'you're just angry and I will not argue with you.' Good lord.
Because that's what it usually seems like when it comes to Bouchard lol. I'm only trying to give my viewpoint on the matter. You're acting like everytime I post something, I say "you're just angry and I will not argue with you"?

Also, you're not angry that Bouchard isn't playing tonight? Come on man lol

GingerJesus28

This is the way
Feb 25, 2015
Saskatchewan
58jdlw.jpg

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Who is he going to replace? They really have to figure out if he is a prospect they want here long term or not. I think they have done a terrible job with him this year, but he might be so good, he will get better in spite of the Oilers.

You would think they want to see what they have in him before blowing their wads on barrie 100%.

Long term, he'll replace Barrie for sure. I think it's pretty obvious they know what they have in him (I hope lol). A top pair Dman who can play with Nurse. There's a reason they played some shifts together last game and the PK

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I would like to see Larsson and Barrie each get one game off at the end here. I also wouldn't mind if Drai and McDavid took the last game of the season off, but I doubt that will happen.

I agree that Bouchard might be a better player than Bear right now but at this point it's too late to find out. Bear is going to be the guy in the playoffs so I don't think it matters too much if he sits for Bouchard or not, the decision has been made.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Because that's what it usually seems like when it comes to Bouchard lol. I'm only trying to give my viewpoint on the matter. You're acting like everytime I post something, I say "you're just angry and I will not argue with you"?

Also, you're not angry that Bouchard isn't playing tonight? Come on man lol

I can understand people's frustration on not playing Bouchard. Especially when he's played only one game in a span of two months.

Me angry? Nope. Just not a fan of not letting the kid play a couple more games to allow vets to rest in a matchup (likely, the habs) that will be full of grinding and old time hockey.

Reactions: RattsSSV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad