Thunderbirds 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
(with additions)

Vadim Zherenko
Colten Ellis
Cam Johnson

Scott Perunovich
Tyler Tucker
Leo Loof
Anton Malmstrom
Hunter Skinner
Scott Harrington
Samuel Johannesson
Corey Schueneman
Michael Buchinger
Marc-Andre Gaudet
Jeremy Baikabutuka

Hugh McGing
Nikita Alexandrov
Zach Dean
Mathias Laferriere
MacKenzie MacEachern
Dylan Peterson
Tanner Dickinson
Sam Bitten
Matthew Peca
Drew Callin
Oliver Chau
Tarun Fizer
Aleksanteri Kaskimaki
Reece Newkirk
Simon Robertsson
Marcus Sylvegard

Last edited:

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Buchinger? Would imagine that at least one of Peru/Tucker is going to be gone via waivers.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Add Buchinger, Gaudet and Baikabutuka to the mix.

Hard to say how it’ll shake out with guys like Bolduc, Walker, Alexandrov (assuming he eventually signs), Peru, POJ etc.

Obviously, some of these guys won’t make the T-Birds and will end up a Florida Everblade.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Where is Dvorsky scheduled to play? I thought it was with Springfield this year.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Vadim Zherenko
Colten Ellis
Cam Johnson

Scott Perunovich
Tyler Tucker
Leo Loof
Anton Malmstrom
Hunter Skinner
Scott Harrington
Samuel Johannesson
Corey Schueneman

Hugh McGing
Zach Dean
Mathias Laferriere
MacKenzie MacEachern
Dylan Peterson
Tanner Dickinson
Sam Bitten
Matthew Peca
Drew Callin
Oliver Chau
Tarun Fizer
Aleksanteri Kaskimaki
Reece Newkirk
Simon Robertsson
Marcus Sylvegard
My annual posting of the Thunderbirds theme song.
I remember now why they called it Thunderbird.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
MacEachern Alexandrov Laferriere
McGing Dean Sylvegard
Dickinson Peterson Robertsson
Bitten Kaskimaki Peca

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
McGing Dean Sylvegard
Bitten Kaskimaki Peca
Probably need to add Dvorsky to that list as I don't see him making the team yet at the start of the season. Drew Callin will also deffo play. Also not convinced Alexandrov will play in NA next season.

I could see something like this:
Peca - Dvorsky - Sylvegard
McGing - Dean - Robertsson
MacEachern - Kaskimaki - Peterson
Bitten - Callin - Laferierre

Dickinson/Chau rotating in at bottom 6.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003

Another forward signing for the AHL squad, this roster is already looking to be pretty crowded.
Very much a "meh" signing and I'm struggling to see where he really fits.
I think it will be hard for him to find a way into the lineup.
Not that he's a terrible depth piece for them, it's just that Springfield's roster is that deep up front.
McGing Dean Sylvegard
Bitten Kaskimaki Peca
1- You're missing Dingo(once Sunny returns) and Dvorsky in that mix.

2- Matthew Peca is pretty darn close to a PPG AHL player(last 3 years he has 136 points in 154 games). He won't be on the 4th line. Right now, unless Alexandrov bolts to Europe, I think you have to assume that Dingo, Peca, McGing and Alexandrov are the wingers on the top 2 lines in some combination(with Dvorsky and Dean at center).
That leaves MacMac and Laf as the 3rd line wingers(C spot is open for competition but most likely goes to Drew Callin) and leaves the remaining kids fighting for the 4th line spots(Sylvegard, Dickinson, Kaskimaki, Robertsson, Peterson) with Bitten and Meireles as the primary bench players.

Really glad we have an agreement with the Florida Everblades in the ECHL. We're going to have to send more than a few guys down to that level.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Very much a "meh" signing and I'm struggling to see where he really fits.
I think it will be hard for him to find a way into the lineup.
Not that he's a terrible depth piece for them, it's just that Springfield's roster is that deep up front.

1- You're missing Dingo(once Sunny returns) and Dvorsky in that mix.

2- Matthew Peca is pretty darn close to a PPG AHL player(last 3 years he has 136 points in 154 games). He won't be on the 4th line. Right now, unless Alexandrov bolts to Europe, I think you have to assume that Dingo, Peca, McGing and Alexandrov are the wingers on the top 2 lines in some combination(with Dvorsky and Dean at center).
That leaves MacMac and Laf as the 3rd line wingers(C spot is open for competition but most likely goes to Drew Callin) and leaves the remaining kids fighting for the 4th line spots(Sylvegard, Dickinson, Kaskimaki, Robertsson, Peterson) with Bitten and Meireles as the primary bench players.

Really glad we have an agreement with the Florida Everblades in the ECHL. We're going to have to send more than a few guys down to that level.
Yes, Peca is a top-line AHL player, all the way. I can't seen Konowalchuk burying Peca on the 4th line. Minimum 2nd line. Dude is good and didn't look completely lost in his handful of games with the Blues. I like it that he was not a one and done AHL mercenary and has been with the org for three seasons. He won't have Gaudette to help him score, but will still put up decent numbers.

I'm also super relieved to have an ECHL team in the tree. Just lookng at the standings, the Everblades haven't been near the top of the League in the last couple seasons, but seem to definitely be a top organization in the E.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Yes, Peca is a top-line AHL player, all the way. I can't seen Konowalchuk burying Peca on the 4th line. Minimum 2nd line. Dude is good and didn't look completely lost in his handful of games with the Blues. I like it that he was not a one and done AHL mercenary and has been with the org for three seasons. He won't have Gaudette to help him score, but will still put up decent numbers.

I'm also super relieved to have an ECHL team in the tree. Just lookng at the standings, the Everblades haven't been near the top of the League in the last couple seasons, but seem to definitely be a top organization in the E.
Yet they’ve won the last 3 Kelly Cups in a row…

Agree Peca will get prime minutes.

We don’t have enough roster spots and quality opportunities for guys! I don’t want to see guys like Sylvegård, Kaskimäki, Robertsson and Peterson buried on the 4th line or routinely scratched.

This logjam may be what sends Kaskimäki back to HIFK for another season.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad