Proposal: Three way Trade VAN-COL-NYI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Nope
not this season
Um. Yes, this season. Even though the Avs have upgraded with the incredible Byram and defensively solid Erik Johnson on the roster that includes Makar and Toews. 48% D zone starts. This isn’t a guy being sheltered. It’s a guy getting top 4 minutes on, by far, the NHLs best blue line.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
well someone is going to have fix that part of his game.

How? He's not some big guy. He's highly skilled and is severely underrated as a defenseman at the defensive end in spite of being small. In the Vegas series he was targeted. But not every team is built like Vegas was. People are allowing one series to create monsters that don't exist. The guy is an awesome player.

Reactions: Alienblood

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Vancouver needs more to cough up one of Horvat or Miller.
I really can't imagine them trading Horvat unless it's for a massive overpayment. He's not the kind of player you want to trade away.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Vancouver needs more to cough up one of Horvat or Miller.
I really can't imagine them trading Horvat unless it's for a massive overpayment. He's not the kind of player you want to trade away.
Unless you happen to need a RD more than anything. To the point it is just a gaping hole in your team. Center while also important and difficult to replace is many times easier than RD

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Both Girard and Dobson have more team control than Miller/Horvat.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Horvat pushing Kadri down the lineup is laughable
Kadri was traded from the Leafs for a reason. He is a headcase and takes dumb penalties or suspensions in playoffs. Actually having Kadri on 2nd line and Horvat on 3rd line would be laughable. Also this season is just an anomaly for Horvat, past seasons he has been a total beast. Still he has one of the top FO% in the NHL along with Miller and is crucial for both PP and PK faceoffs.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Unless you happen to need a RD more than anything. To the point it is just a gaping hole in your team. Center while also important and difficult to replace is many times easier than RD
Horvat will be much harder to replace if we trade him and it would be completely idiotic to open up a weakness in center position when already weak with only Miller and Horvat as strong faceoff guys that are heavily relied on while Dickenson is plain crap and Sutter is done. RD should be acquired using other assets not trading away the one position you are kind of weak to make it an even more glaring weakness than it is.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Both Girard and Dobson have more team control than Miller/Horvat.
Canucks don't need a Girard, they need a Pelech or Severson or a Tanev. Someone that can be great defensively and has some size to clear the crease. Our defense already has enough mobile offensive defensemen like OEL and Hughes plus Rathbone coming up soon.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
If the Isles are giving up Dobson, Girard isn’t going to be the return. Lou would hang up and go back into his lair of mystery.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
NYI
Girard

Col
Horvat or Miller

Van
Dobson

This could get complicated but as a base something around this. Add where you see fit with smaller pieces.

islanders response
Johnsie, johnsie,johnsie,johnsie, ( put hand on forehead ) ( shakes head )

islanders fan asks one question
How does this help us ?

he is our top prospect , cost controlled, and has been getting better and better

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
islanders response
Johnsie, johnsie,johnsie,johnsie, ( put hand on forehead ) ( shakes head )

islanders fan asks one question
How does this help us ?

he is our top prospect , cost controlled, and has been getting better and better
I'm not sure what all the preamble is but if you are asking how it helps Islanders its pretty simple you get an established defenseman who can run your PP play top 3 mins and is on a sweetheart of a deal. You give up a guy who does have potential but is in that period where we are debating how much of that potential he will fulfill. Its an almost can't lose for the Isles give the profile and contract he is on. He probably is going to cost more the what Girard makes when he signs as well despite not having shown he is as good of a player.

Last edited:

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Horvat will be much harder to replace if we trade him and it would be completely idiotic to open up a weakness in center position when already weak with only Miller and Horvat as strong faceoff guys that are heavily relied on while Dickenson is plain crap and Sutter is done. RD should be acquired using other assets not trading away the one position you are kind of weak to make it an even more glaring weakness than it is.
There really aren't any other means to get a top pairing RD. There are several UFA centerman available this summer who are on Horvat's level. I do take your point that he is our only good faceoff man and we need to strengthen center ice position but its obvious where this team is flawed and there is no way to get RD. There just aren't many around.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
2C, big body, kinda dirty player (Avs-Macdermid should fight (or just crush) him next game for that BS elbow on Byram, good playoff stats, great in the dot. I’d value that highly. Moreso than a wing.

Horvat is dirty? :biglaugh:

Sorry but that's really funny. I wish it were true

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I'm not sure what all the preamble is but if you are asking how it helps Islanders its pretty simple you get an established defenseman who can run your PP play top 3 mins and is on a sweetheart of a deal. You give up a guy who does have potential but is in that period where we are debating how much of that potential he will fulfill. Its an almost can't lose for the Isles give the profile and contract he is on. He probably is going to cost more the what Girard makes when he signs as well despite not having shown he is as good of a player.

We are not debating how much of that potential he will fulfill. He is 21 years old and doing great . Girard is a nice player but Dobson will be more than that . Preamble ...that’s funny .

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
We are not debating how much of that potential he will fulfill. He is 21 years old and doing great . Girard is a nice player but Dobson will be more than that . Preamble ...that’s funny .
You kinda forget how young Girard is too. He is 1.5 yrs older than Dobson.

Two yrs ago (same age as Dobson is now) Girard had 34 points in 70 games. Dobson has 4 in 16. Dobson is a big guy and has potential but as I say you would like to see him probably realizing a little more than he has so far. I think you'd have to say he is slightly behind expectations this yr.

Girard is signed for 6 more yrs at 5 mil per that is exceptional. He scored at 54 point pace last season. He's on similar pace this yr. This is despite not playing on first pp. His underlying numbers defensively are good also. My idea is that he could come in a be first unit PP and with Pelech and Pulock ahead of him defensively the fit would be nice.

My personal expectation is that Dobson isn't going to be a no. 1 PP guy. What are you expecting from Dobson ultimately offensively? 40 points? 50? When do you think he might realize his ceiling?

How much do you think he'll sign for this summer?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad