Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
ask yourself

i think you underestimate rasmus anderson by a wide margin, if you think your offer for hughes is a comparable.

Yeah, that was legitimately one of the worst trade proposals I've ever seen on this site.

Asking the Devils to trade away the 7th and 18th overall picks from the prior year's draft at the TDL in a season in which they'd go on to finish with the 3rd worst record in the league in order to "fix things quickly" is beyond awful...especially considering the heap of garbage the OP was offering.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
I kind of want to hear the rationale for Ottawa accepting this deal.

Let's hear it OP.

Explain why Ottawa would do this, and how Ottawa's line-up would look post-trade.
If the word is true that Brady Tkachuk wants out of Ottawa, then this is not a bad deal for the Sens. Certainly not going to get a much better package unless you're acquiring Robert Thomas straight up from St. Louis or something.

I think you are severely undervaluing Rasmus Andersson. He is a top pairing right handed defenseman in his prime at $4.5 million for 2 more seasons. (Andersson is at least a $8-9 million dollar player right now)

Sens get a top 5 defensive prospect in the NHL in Casey.

A 20 goal scorer who has proven that in the right situation could put up 30.

A pick and a still young player who could be a good bottom 6 guy.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Yeah, that was legitimately one of the worst trade proposals I've ever seen on this site.

Asking the Devils to trade away the 7th and 18th overall picks from the prior year's draft at the TDL in a season in which they'd go on to finish with the 3rd worst record in the league in order to "fix things quickly" is beyond awful...especially considering the heap of garbage the OP was offering.
you would think there is no way to do worse after that opening. but actually the opening message was his best post in the whole thread. all later posts were even worse. :eek3:

Reactions: HBK27

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Calgary IN:
2024 10th overall pick (from NJ)
2025 3rd round pick (from CGY)
Alexander Holtz

How does this work?

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I actually do not think this is bad for Calgary, but I think Mangiapane is overpaid.
I think Ottawa loses big and New Jersey makes out like bandits.
Most proposals that pile up futures and prospects and roster filler are bad for the team trading the established player. That’s why they typically only happen when a team’s hand is forced.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I think the bigger issue is you making what I post about "the rest of us" and actually caring about it
i don't actually care lol, i was just trying to find a nice, light way to tell you that you have been peppering this forum with terrible trade proposals for a very long time, and you're just not good at them.

i know you want tkachuk, and wouldn't it be nice if ottawa traded him to us for casey and a bunch of scraps (how the sens don't end up with our 10OA pick in your scenario is baffling, unless i misread your post). but it's not happening.

batherson is a more realistic version of the return we'd get for that package, and the sens probably don't even do that.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I actually do not think this is bad for Calgary, but I think Mangiapane is overpaid.
I think Ottawa loses big and New Jersey makes out like bandits.

I think it's fair. Casey is a near top defensive prospect, top ten pick is nothing to sneeze at, either. Holtz could benefit from a change of scenery and catapult next year.

This isn't a lop-sided deal by any means. In fact, as a Devils fan I wouldn't want to do it. It totally kills our prospect pool. Which, as a team that missed the playoffs, I don't want to do.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I think it's fair. Casey is a near top defensive prospect, top ten pick is nothing to sneeze at, either. Holtz could benefit from a change of scenery and catapult next year.

This isn't a lop-sided deal by any means. In fact, as a Devils fan I wouldn't want to do it. It totally kills our prospect pool. Which, as a team that missed the playoffs, I don't want to do.
i agree with you partially. but the real issue is the cap. committing to another forward like brady and his contract, could press the devils against the cap ceilings with little to no wiggle room, which will force our hands in many future transactions like
resigning mercer, luke and nemec
moving out palat and dougie

the actual price could exponentially grow in the next few years.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Come on, man. Everyone knows Brady is untouchable for Ottawa.

He's part of the core Brady - Timmy - Sandy trio.

Stephen Gionta

Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
It absolutely amazes me how many people think Seamus Casey, the 10th overall pick, and Rasmus Andersson is "crap".

Just a bit of history of guys picked 9/10/11 overall in the NHL draft:
2020 - Marco Rossi, Cole Perfetti, Yaroslav Askarov (Lundell, Jarvis, Holloway were the next 3)
2019 - Trevor Zegras, Vasili Podkolzin, Victor Soderstrom (Boldy, Spencer Knight, Cam York, Cole Caufield were the next 4)
2018 - Vitali Kravtsov, Evan Bouchard, Oliver Wahlstrom (Noah Dobson was 12th)
2017 - Michael Rasmussen, Owen Tippett, Gabe Vilardi (Necas and Nick Suzuki were 12th and 13th)
2016 - Mikhail Sergachev, Tyson Jost, Logan Brown
2015 - Timo Meier, Mikko Rantanen, Lawson Crouse
2014 - Nik Ehlers, Nick Ritchie, Kevin Fiala
2013 - Bo Horvat, Valeri Nichuski, Samuel Morin (Max Domi, Josh Morrissey went 12th and 13th)

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
It absolutely amazes me how many people think Seamus Casey, the 10th overall pick, and Rasmus Andersson is "crap".

Just a bit of history of guys picked 9/10/11 overall in the NHL draft:
2020 - Marco Rossi, Cole Perfetti, Yaroslav Askarov (Lundell, Jarvis, Holloway were the next 3)
2019 - Trevor Zegras, Vasili Podkolzin, Victor Soderstrom (Boldy, Spencer Knight, Cam York, Cole Caufield were the next 4)
2018 - Vitali Kravtsov, Evan Bouchard, Oliver Wahlstrom (Noah Dobson was 12th)
2017 - Michael Rasmussen, Owen Tippett, Gabe Vilardi (Necas and Nick Suzuki were 12th and 13th)
2016 - Mikhail Sergachev, Tyson Jost, Logan Brown
2015 - Timo Meier, Mikko Rantanen, Lawson Crouse
2014 - Nik Ehlers, Nick Ritchie, Kevin Fiala
2013 - Bo Horvat, Valeri Nichuski, Samuel Morin (Max Domi, Josh Morrissey went 12th and 13th)
In the context of what it takes to get Brady Tkachuk, its an embarrassing crap offer.

Stephen Gionta

Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
In the context of what it takes to get Brady Tkachuk, its an embarrassing crap offer.

Not at all. The likelihood of that player drafted 10th overall becoming equal or comparable value to Brady Tkachuk within a couple years is probably about a 55-65% chance. To make up for that ~40% difference, that's why Seamus Casey is involved in the proposal, as well as the other assets.

In this three team deal, it is essentially Ottawa receiving the 10th overall from NJ and flipping it to Calgary for Andersson and Mangiapane.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Not at all. The likelihood of that player drafted 10th overall becoming equal or comparable value to Brady Tkachuk within a couple years is probably about a 55-65% chance. To make up for that ~40% difference, that's why Seamus Casey is involved in the proposal, as well as the other assets.

In this three team deal, it is essentially Ottawa receiving the 10th overall from NJ and flipping it to Calgary for Andersson and Mangiapane.
LOL, you stay you my friend.

Everyone is telling you the Sens get hosed and NJ makes out like bandits. Including your fellow brethren.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
It’s one poster

Make that two

1714151196324.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad