OT: Thread About Nothing (part # who cares)

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I do feel awful for the dogs and their owners but I love nothing more than to chill on my balcony at night with some nice libations and just chill and watch the fireworks. just puts me in my good place

my grease is up until before the new by-law the allowance for observed holidays was ....two days before and two days after including the middle day ... 5! f***ing days?

its been changed to ONLY the actual holiday. i lost my shit on saturday and sunday ...monday was pissed but was outside and thought.....'theyre allowed to finally'

like anyone gives a shit about by laws or even better.....ACTUALLY READ THEM.

weeeee! like a child looking for brainless entertainment..... spend your money on hollow jollies!

there's a reason the expression "lowest common denominator" in reference to people exists

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Someone tell @Bleedred that the Bond villains have moved to my area and are testing their new volcano lair explosions which has my dogs panicking. Nothing says pathetic like scared golden retrievers
Tonight and the summer in general has pushed me over the edge. The Florida mystique is over.

It’s absolutely miserable here for at least 4 months out of the year. I don’t know who would willingly choose to live here between the months of June and September, if even May through October.

The fireworks are out of control. People blow them off till unreasonable hours. They stop for 10 minutes and make you think they’re done for the night. They go and take another shot or snort another line and they’re right back at it with 5-10 more rounds. I’m at the point where I’ve become so disillusioned with fireworks that if there was an accident involving them with one of these people I would probably laugh hysterically and hope the pain was excruciating. I’m praying one of these f***ers gets hurt doing this.

New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day isn’t much better. At least the weather is nice that time of year.

I’m thinking of taking my half a million (maybe slightly under that after real estate commissions and closing costs) and moving somewhere else. Back to New Jersey. I’ll either rent a place of my own with that money (and get a job of course, it probably won’t pay as much) or rent a room from my friend up there.

I can’t take this shit hole state anymore. I’m hoping a hurricane hits this place and I can collect. I would take the money and leave the state. I wouldn’t rebuild.

You don’t know how much I’ve had it.

I will miss it in the winter though.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I do feel awful for the dogs and their owners but I love nothing more than to chill on my balcony at night with some nice libations and just chill and watch the fireworks. just puts me in my good place
It’s fine up till a certain hour. When the loudest fireworks of the night in the neighborhood are going off at 11:30 and the place is still going off well after midnight then it’s a problem.

And I’ve had it with the calm before the next storm bullshit. It goes quiet for 5-10 minutes, then it sounds like a car bomb exploded in my garage, as then every other garage on the block.

bullshit.

the people that fire off this stuff are far more pathetic than dim witted dogs
I have no sympathy anymore when I read about a guy losing his hand or an eye while lighting them off.

At least not for the most part. If it’s a kid then I do, but that’s about it.

Reactions: njdevils1982

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Tonight and the summer in general has pushed me over the edge. The Florida mystique is over.

It’s absolutely miserable here for at least 4 months out of the year. I don’t know who would willingly choose to live here between the months of June and September, if even May through October.

The fireworks are out of control. People blow them off till unreasonable hours. They stop for 10 minutes and make you think they’re done for the night. They go and take another shot or snort another line and they’re right back at it with 5-10 more rounds. I’m at the point where I’ve become so disillusioned with fireworks that if there was an accident involving them with one of these people I would probably laugh hysterically and hope the pain was excruciating. I’m praying one of these f***ers gets hurt doing this.

New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day isn’t much better. At least the weather is nice that time of year.

I’m thinking of taking my half a million (maybe slightly under that after real estate commissions and closing costs) and moving somewhere else. Back to New Jersey. I’ll either rent a place of my own with that money (and get a job of course, it probably won’t pay as much) or rent a room from my friend up there.

I can’t take this shit hole state anymore. I’m hoping a hurricane hits this place and I can collect. I would take the money and leave the state. I wouldn’t rebuild.

i feel ya.

It’s fine up till a certain hour. When the loudest fireworks of the night in the neighborhood are going off at 11:30 and the place is still going off well after midnight then it’s a problem.

And I’ve had it with the calm before the next storm bullshit. It goes quiet for 5-10 minutes, then it sounds like a car bomb exploded in my garage, as then every other garage on the block.

I have no sympathy anymore when I read about a guy losing his hand or an eye while lighting them off.

yep. there's a reason the darwin awards exist.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
my dog survived. Was still all out of sorts. If she's gonna be nuts regardless, maybe no need for the drugs. Or maybe 1/2 strength. God she was so stoned..
I’ll let you know in the morning if mine survived. I dont expect it to be over until 2:00 AM or possibly later.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
bullshit.

the people that fire off this stuff are far more pathetic than dim witted dogs
They both try to climb up on my and sit on me at the same time and they try to occupy the same space. It’s sad how they get reduced to whiny puppies from it. The kitten seemed to shake it off but she is utterly fearless.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I love it when they seem done, then they blow another one (or 10) off that rattles my entire house after 30-40 minutes of nothing from them.

I’m pretty sure they’re not supposed to still be doing this right now.

Outdoor concerts have a 12:00 AM curfew.

Outdoor concerts aren’t this loud.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I support a mass genocide against anyone that still blows off fireworks after midnight.

I support the most inhumane act of genocide against people who stop, then proceed to blow off a round out of nowhere 30-40 minutes later and continue to do it throughout the night.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra

LBI is getting pretty bad with them too, not like by you but completely different from when I was a kid. I think we have town fireworks now on Memorial Day, the 4th, Labor Day and that cops night out thing. Seems like every town has them now but at least you can plan for them and they're usually 20 minutes or so.

When I was a kid everyone used to just go up to the beach and light off small stuff like, sparklers, roman candles, firecrackers and bottle rockets, maybe some M80's. Now everyone seems to have those massive booming mortars everywhere and they're loud as shit and I mean loud, some are quite impressive. It usually starts at dark and goes till around 1 AM and now with all the gigundo houses everywhere they're launching shit off of their roof top decks everywhere. The cops used to crack down on it pretty hard but they don't do anything at all now.

Between my brothers we have three dogs that don't do so well with them and are usually medicated but it barely does anything. They're too big to hide under the beds but they try anyway lol. It's not as bad as by you and this will go on all weekend and here and there through the summer but holy shit last night was a non stop barrage from sunset till midnight.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
LBI is getting pretty bad with them too, not like by you but completely different from when I was a kid. I think we have town fireworks now on Memorial Day, the 4th, Labor Day and that cops night out thing. Seems like every town has them now but at least you can plan for them and they're usually 20 minutes or so.

When I was a kid everyone used to just go up to the beach and light off small stuff like, sparklers, roman candles, firecrackers and bottle rockets, maybe some M80's. Now everyone seems to have those massive booming mortars everywhere and they're loud as shit and I mean loud, some are quite impressive. It usually starts at dark and goes till around 1 AM and now with all the gigundo houses everywhere they're launching shit off of their roof top decks everywhere. The cops used to crack down on it pretty hard but they don't do anything at all now.

Between my brothers we have three dogs that don't do so well with them and are usually medicated but it barely does anything. They're too big to hide under the beds but they try anyway lol. It's not as bad as by you and this will go on all weekend and here and there through the summer but holy shit last night was a non stop barrage from sunset till midnight.
I don’t have a problem with sanctioned displays, because they’re usually over within 20-30 minutes tops and they’re usually done by no later than 10:30, and it’s usually even 10:00. At least then you know when it’s happening and you know when it’s gonna stop.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Obvious and necessary addition to the kayak 😁 This is what happens when I have to wait weeks for a registration.
1000001931.jpg

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
NJ
I've been living in a pretty ghetto area of Chicago and out here it's not just 4th of July, but literally the entire f***ing summer people are setting off fireworks (though no where as much as on the 4th). Fireworks going off? Oh, happy 11th of June! Sometimes even in the middle of the f***ing day, who the f*** sets fireworks off when the suns out? (no they're not gunshots, I've learned the difference over the years)

I guess that has made it better for my dog though, having grown up here he doesn't give a f*** about the noise on the 4th. I took him for a walk at like 830 last night without issue.

Only thing that's started bothering him a bit is people setting off like f***ing M80s or something, just giant booms. For 30th of June celebrations some :eek::eek::eek::eek: was setting them off and on the first one my dog just got up from his spot near the balcony door and calmly walked back towards the bedroom like...."well, f*** this I'm getting away from the windows"

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've been living in a pretty ghetto area of Chicago and out here it's not just 4th of July, but literally the entire f***ing summer people are setting off fireworks (though no where as much as on the 4th). Fireworks going off? Oh, happy 11th of June! Sometimes even in the middle of the f***ing day, who the f*** sets fireworks off when the suns out? (no they're not gunshots, I've learned the difference over the years)

I guess that has made it better for my dog though, having grown up here he doesn't give a f*** about the noise on the 4th. I took him for a walk at like 830 last night without issue.

Only thing that's started bothering him a bit is people setting off like f***ing M80s or something, just giant booms. For 30th of June celebrations some :eek::eek::eek::eek: was setting them off and on the first one my dog just got up from his spot near the balcony door and calmly walked back towards the bedroom like...."well, f*** this I'm getting away from the windows"
I have a little chihuahua and she’s spooked over the slightest thing. I’ve seen other dogs that aren’t really affected too much by fireworks.

Honestly, they were irritating me more than her last night.

And my thoughts exactly on middle of the day. I just heard one go off in the distance in the time since I started making this post. I’m at work now, but it’s a problem in this state.

And there just went another one.

I’m firmly of the belief that “making it illegal won’t make it go away” when it comes to pretty much anything. So I don’t propose that they should be illegal (within reasonable hours at least, not at 1:40 AM) here, but when they were made legal it just opened up every idiot who could walk into a store and buy them.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ

It's unfortunately no better where I live in NJ. We had people shooting fireworks off every night past midnight since Wednesday. My dogs hate it, but what's more annoying is it waking up my infant child. Really puts me in a good mood lol

Also, idk when I moved to the everglades. It was 94 degrees and humid as all hell at 8am this morning.

Side topic. I'm kicking myself in the ass because I have been wanting an 80s/early 90s car for some time and I saw a mint condition red 86 Pontiac Fiero GT with only 70k miles for $4000 by me and didn't pull the trigger right away. I went back the next morning and it was already gone.

Reactions: Bleedred

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
NJ
My move to NJ is in 2 weeks. With the bullshit going on with xfinity and MSG, what's the best cable/internet provider to go with there? Trying to weigh going with a different service vs just getting a VPN since I already have ESPN+

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
My move to NJ is in 2 weeks. With the bullshit going on with xfinity and MSG, what's the best cable/internet provider to go with there? Trying to weigh going with a different service vs just getting a VPN since I already have ESPN+
I was a Xfinity customer that dropped them after 20+ years because of MSG.

Fubo is the best solution I have found for Devils games

I also have an ESPN+ subscription for everything else.

Reactions: The Devil In I

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad