Player Discussion Thoughts on Bertuzzi?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What do we do about this dude?

• Sign him he's quirky (no butt end on his stick!!)

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Let him walk he's a useless plug and we can do better in UFA

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • I don't care, we're gonna suck anyway

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
After we sign 2 dmen and a 1b goalie? Opps no dough, we just signed Domi.

Props to both Domi and Bert for signing one year deals last year.

They proved themselves and now deserve longer deals.

Props to Tre as well for getting one year deals done. Not easy.
Domi resigned. Bye bye Bertie. Sorry, no $$$ soon.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I had such high hopes for this guy heading into last season. Coming off that kickass playoff run with Boston I thought, "He's gonna cash in 30 goals in his sleep and leave after one year."

Little did I know for half the year only the sleeping partHe was gonna be on the money. He scored a respectable amount of goals for that cap hit but looking forward to tomorrow, I'm dreading a long term deal. This guy's hockey IQ is suspect, his main attribute seems to be taking stupid penalties and agitating but he's not what I'd call a power forward.

View attachment 890315
View attachment 890316
Bye. Not worth 5.5 here.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I think we will miss his toughness and snarl more then people realize. Last year the Leafs looked to be a much more physical team. He's not a huge body, but he is 6'2, 200 pounds and he does go to the dirty areas.

Reactions: Beanzy

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I think we will miss his toughness and snarl more then people realize. Last year the Leafs looked to be a much more physical team. He's not a huge body, but he is 6'2, 200 pounds and he does go to the dirty areas.
No big deal.. when we sign Marner for 12 million and he bails out of plays in next years playoffs. Bert will be long forgotten.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I always assumed he'd be here the one year and gone. So no big deal. I was actually surprised they were still trying to get a deal done yesterday.

Reactions: OddyOh

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Bert and Domi for 8 or under is what most people were thinking here. He isnt worth significantly more than Domi at all.

See ya I guess

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Ha Ha Beat it.

You cement handed low scoring slug. There's all kinds of mediocre players Treliving can overpay to come to Toronto. A one hit wonder that did nothing most of his time here is easily forgotten.

Lazy, lazy, lazy.

Now I know why Detroit and Boston didn't want Bertuzzi back. His poor work ethic didn't jive well with their culture. I don't even care why Bertuzzi isn't back here.

Maybe him laughing on the bench, along with Marchand, after Liljegren got taken out had something to do with it.

A garbage play by a garbage human being. Getting laughed at by someone who looks like the garbage man. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

You take the trash out, you don't bring it back in.

Last edited:

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Good players, but frustrating to watch at times, too many bad decisions, glad he’s moved on, happy with Domi.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
He's actually significantly smaller than that, listed at 6' and 190 lbs. In fact he is undersized by NHL standards by about an inch and 12 lbs so I'm always a bit surprised there is this narrative he's a big, rugged player. Probably his last name.

He was very good in front of the net though and a solid puck hound. But for his stat line and intangibles he's pretty easily replaced, especially at the price he will sign for

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
He's actually significantly smaller than that, listed at 6' and 190 lbs. In fact he is undersized by NHL standards by about an inch and 12 lbs so I'm always a bit surprised there is this narrative he's a big, rugged player. Probably his last name.

He was very good in front of the net though and a solid puck hound. But for his stat line and intangibles he's pretty easily replaced, especially at the price he will sign for
HockeyDB has him at 6'2, 200. But it's possible he's 6'0-6'1, 190.

jrkeghre.png

Reactions: Primary Assist

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I'd bring in Lomberg for 25% the AAV to add some speed, energy, snarl and physicality. Would be loved by Leafs fans 1000% watching him finish every check after watching so many fly bys for the last 8 years.

Reactions: Sypher04

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2