Player Discussion Thoughts on Bertuzzi?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What do we do about this dude?

• Sign him he's quirky (no butt end on his stick!!)

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Let him walk he's a useless plug and we can do better in UFA

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • I don't care, we're gonna suck anyway

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
I had such high hopes for this guy heading into last season. Coming off that kickass playoff run with Boston I thought, "He's gonna cash in 30 goals in his sleep and leave after one year."

Little did I know for half the year only the sleeping part was gonna be on the money. He scored a respectable amount of goals for that cap hit but looking forward to tomorrow, I'm dreading a long term deal. This guy's hockey IQ is suspect, his main attribute seems to be taking stupid penalties and agitating but he's not what I'd call a power forward.

1719795776772.png

1719795808331.png

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
If he's not playing with Matthews and Domi, I don't think he would contribute much. That line seemed to work. But I wouldn't give him any more than Domi got.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
He's gone. Leafs will only have roughly $8m in cap left after signing Tanev to bring in another top 6 defensemen, a platoon goaltender, and a couple of depth forwards.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Can't afford that. In a perfect world we keep him, but I always preferred Domi over Bert if we had to make a choice, guess we do. See you, you crazy unorthodox bastage!

IMG_7988.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Frostitute

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
If he wanted like 4.25x4 to stay with Domi I would do it. Not sure why he thinks he is worth 1.5M or anything more than Domi though. Easy pass for over 5M again.

Reactions: Anthrax442

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
Time to move on
Offer Skinner 3.5 year one year contract
Skinner plays zero defense. Its not like he makes mistakes in his own end, he really doesn't because he rarely goes deep into his own end.

I have said this before, but if you have watched a few Buffalo games, you can see that when the puck goes deep into the Buffalo zone there are times (not all the time but for SURE some times) where when he skates back he literally stops at the blue line and hangs out there, helping out zero. I've seen it happen.

Reactions: Gilmour1996

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Skinner plays zero defense. Its not like he makes mistakes in his own end, he really doesn't because he rarely goes deep into his own end.

I have said this before, but if you have watched a few Buffalo games, you can see that when the puck goes deep into the Buffalo zone there are times (not all the time but for SURE some times) where when he skates back he literally stops at the blue line and hangs out there, helping out zero. I've seen it happen.

I don't doubt your or question you. but if we are trying to find replacements, lets get one guy who can be counted one thing. Skinner does one thing and does it really well, score goals
He has that game breaking ability.

One thing we lacked severely in playoffs is depth.

Again, I am not advocating that we have to get Skinner. but he's a good back up option

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
It's easy to look at a pricey UFA when understanding that a change of some significance was going to be inevitable at the forward position. It just isn't very realistic to expect Bertuzzi to sign the kind of contract that Domi did today.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
as far as I am concernd Bert is not wroth 5AAV +

more importantly, even if he was we couldn't afford that because the CURSE that is the Mitch Marner contract.

So far marner's contract has cost the Leafs:
- pick to offload Marleau (Seth Jarvis)
- Hyman
- Potential good d-men we coudn't sign due to lack of cap space
- Bertuzzi
- etc....
- and still counting...........................................................................

Meanwhile all we've had to show by keeping marner is 1st round exists while Marner's stupid ass couldn't do shit in the playoffs.

Offload Marner ffs. Until marner is out of the team; leafs will continue to be a JOKE

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
I really like Bert as a player but unfortunately he's on our deepest position (LW) and unlike Domi, he doesn't have center/faceoff utility. All these guys need playing time sooner or later.

Domi
Knies
Cowan
McCann
Dewar
Grebyonkin

My only concern is with Tre just throwing that money away on another Klinberg or Reaves. If he spends it well then letting Bert go is the right move.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00