OT - NO POLITICS Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
74 NOW but the severe weather/flood watch has been removed.... there is still a Tornado watch for 3 counties until Midnight and there likely will be some warnings up in the NH Mountains....

Acie

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2019
Southern Ontario
A good remedy for summer no hockey boredom.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Will be gone July 19 -> July 26. On the Gem.

Boston -> Bermuda -> Bar Harbor Maine -> Boston.

Really looking forward to it.

I’ve done it. Cruising to a single destination was much more relaxing to me, than stopping over at multiple locations.

You get to spend 2 days+ in Bermuda.

I was told that some passengers got off the ship and stayed for 7 days and then booked their return trip on a Norwegian ship arriving a week later. It’s supposed to be the cheapest way to spend time there.

Closest beach is about 10 minutes by bus, from where the ship anchors. We had breakfast on the ship and then packed lunches from whatever we could get on the ship, so we didn’t even need to buy food. Only paid for bus rides.

Once you get there, you’ll see a lot of big rocks jutting out from the sand. They are the best spots to lay down your blankets as they produce more than enough shadow to keep you cool. No need to rent an umbrella.

And of course, the star of the show is the spectacular color of the sand:

Bermuda-Pink-Sand-Beach.jpg

Enjoy and safe travels.

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
i would be sleepingin a hammock or a tent if my ac was not working in this crap.
I have 4 fans running. It sucks. Hopefully today is the day the part (main PCB) will be in.

I would be in my basement. Cool basement + dehumidifier is somewhat close to air conditioning.

Just don't get a Kaiser...

My basement (with a dehumidifier) is a bit cooler. I would think my cats would go there but instead they place themselves in front of a fan.

Reactions: BB79 and Gee Wally

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I have 4 fans running. It sucks. Hopefully today is the day the part (main PCB) will be in.

My basement (with a dehumidifier) is a bit cooler. I would think my cats would go there but instead they place themselves in front of a fan.
I feel your pain ... it is very uncomfortable here in Florida when my ac unit has gone out. Usually it happens over a holiday (of course) or when I've come back home from vacation (not fun). Then I have to wait until I can get the guy out here and I just learned that my AC guy for the last 20 years retired. I usually keep my ac unit running with piecemeal replacement parts (cheaper) the unit is also 20 years old. It will need to be replaced at some point $$$$.
Luckily, I do also have a large portable AC unit in storage that I can plug in and vent through a window. Does a good job cooling down the main living area for short term ... gets rid of the humidity getting the temp down to around 80. Hope your parts get in soon and life can get back to being more normal.

Reactions: Ladyfan

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
No they don't, darn them! :laugh:

Did you see Kovi's tweet about how hot it is out there? :phew:
I'm not a Twitter-er, but I see she posted something on Facebook a few days ago. Perhaps it was the same?

117 lolololol NOPE

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Day 2 of the Alec Baldwin trial and aside from some spicyness from the prosecution, I don't think they will convict him. They can't talk about his role as a producer on the movie so I think that kills the prosecutions case.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Golf Tonight (Mens Night)
Golf Friday afternoon (Charity Tournament)
Golf Saturday Morning (RBC Scramble Tournament)
Golf Sunday (Local Tournament)

They better stock up on pints and Aleve

Reactions: NeelyDan

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Day 2 of the Alec Baldwin trial and aside from some spicyness from the prosecution, I don't think they will convict him. They can't talk about his role as a producer on the movie so I think that kills the prosecutions case.
Baldwin is an obnoxious guy, but I don't think there's much to hang him on in this case. Maybe his carelessness would warrant a fine of some kind or very short sentence on inadvertent manslaughter, but the armorer is the one who had live ammo in a prop gun that shouldn't have had it and she's serving time for it already. I feel like going through all of this the last couple years may be punishment enough.

Reactions: Ladyfan

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Baldwin is an obnoxious guy, but I don't think there's much to hang him on in this case. Maybe his carelessness would warrant a fine of some kind or very short sentence on inadvertent manslaughter, but the armorer is the one who had live ammo in a prop gun that shouldn't have had it and she's serving time for it already. I feel like going through all of this the last couple years may be punishment enough.
will the movie ever be released knowing the publicity surrounding it

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I agree. Why did they have live ammo?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
He just got up and left court while they were on record! Also, the armorer testifies tomorrow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad