Movies: Thor: Ragnarok

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Looks soooooooooooo good. And agreed on the WC orc comparison :laugh:

Has anyone ever broken the hammer before in the comics?

The hammer was broken once but I forget how it happened. Dr Strange repaired it using part of Thor's life force or something.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
This movie will probably still be pretty dark. A lot of grim stuff happens if Asgaard is getting wiped out. They'll probably just balance it better with the humorous moments.

Depends on how faithful they are to the legend and the comic storyline.

I doubt they are going to kill off all of the major deities.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I didn't know black-haired dominatrix Cate Blanchett in skin-tight spandex was something that my life needed but apparently it is.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
giphy.gif

yep

best reaction

not liking the hair though

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Always felt like the two first Thor movies were some of the most uninspired out of the MCU. I feel like Hemsworth isn't quite charismatic enough to carry his own franchise. But I do like the tone of the latest trailer. Seems to share a lot with GotG, and that cannot be a bad thing.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Looks awesome. Definitely seems like this will be the bridge movie between Guardians and the Avengers...setting up Infinity War.

That said, looks like it will be a very awesome movie on its own.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
I wouldn't say the first two Thor movies were bad, but they were bland and non memorable. With the genre being so saturated, that's just as bad though.

This looks like a fun ride, and fits Marvel's tone a lot more. I agree that this fits Chris Hemsworth a lot more than being stoic and serious.

I wasn't a fan of the previous Thor films at all - but this trailer looks great!

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Colour and fun in a superhero blockbuster? Naw! Give me those blue filters and dark saturation, please. :sarcasm:

Joking aside. This looks really fun and already far more interesting than The Dark World, which I did not like. Love that 80s feel to the film. It's different from Guardians to me, very neon and the sort of scaled down sci-fi motif; very Flash Gordon in terms of production and colour. They also seem like they'll give Thor an interesting arch at least, though it does feel similar to the first; losing his hammer and being thrown into an unknown world, although in this one I don't think humility will be his growth.

Only thing that worries me from the trailer is that there seems to be a lot of moving parts story wise; this can make for a great film that moves at a fast pace, or it can be convoluted mess of a film.

Definitely a fun trailer, certainly has increased my interest in the film.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It is cool they made the space stuff as colorful as it is in Guardians. It does sort of clash with the Thor aesthetic.

Trailer definitely looks fun, but I'm wary that the tone is going to clash a lot. Also wary of so many different storylines getting jammed into one story

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad