Waived: Thompson & McIlrath - both cleared; Thompson, McIlrath & McCann assigned to AHL

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I was wondering when I made the GDT that how long they're going to let McIlrath sit in the pressbox before they decide to waive him.

Kindl can sit there now that Petro is back.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
As we get healthy the squad in Springfield is getting reinforcements.

Hopefully they are not too far gone to make a push of their own.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
As we get healthy the squad in Springfield is getting reinforcements.

Hopefully they are not too far gone to make a push of their own.

12 points behind the 4th seed(top 4 in each division make the playoffs)

And they have a game in hand

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I'm hoping Wrath clears. I'd like to keep him since we won't have Kindl next year and probably one of Demers, Petro, or Pysyk.

-ghoste

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I was wondering when I made the GDT that how long they're going to let McIlrath sit in the pressbox before they decide to waive him.

Kindl can sit there now that Petro is back.

I think more about, they see the possibility to get a pick for Kindl, then for Thompson and McIlrath. Since it´s only 4 weeks till deadline.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I think more about, they see the possibility to get a pick for Kindl, then for Thompson and McIlrath. Since it´s only 4 weeks till deadline.

He was waived last year and this year and no one bit. Only when Detroit decided to retain salary and take a 6th round pick the following year(2017) in return.

I don't think he has any trade value.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I'm hoping Wrath clears. I'd like to keep him since we won't have Kindl next year and probably one of Demers, Petro, or Pysyk.

-ghoste
He's a group VI UFA. At least 25yo by June 30th (check), 3+ professional seasons (check) and less than 80 NHL games (check).

I don't see why he'd re-sign with a team that doesn't play him.

He was waived last year and this year and no one bit. Only when Detroit decided to retain salary and take a 6th round pick the following year(2017) in return.

I don't think he has any trade value.
None of those three have value, maybe a throw-in if that speculated salary dump type of trade happens, but that's about it.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
We need toughness, we don't have any. So we get rid of the toughest guy on the team.

Ekblad

Mar 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
I wouldnt be surprised if this is made in an attempt to free up contract spots like with griffith. If no one bites, then springfield gets stronger. Doesnt hurt

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Its never been about being able to beat up the other team, you just have to want to go to the tough areas, finish your checks and stand up for your teammates.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
McCann and McIlRath to Springfield

Barkov back the 9th. Perhaps a Hawryluk callup coming?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad