News Article: THN picks Blackhawks in 7

Ron*

Just checked the last four seasons, they have picked against the Kings...

2010: Canucks in six.

2011: Sharks in six.

2012: Canucks in six, Blues in six, Kings in seven, Devils in six.

2013: Kings in seven, Sharks in six, Blackhawks in seven.

So with one playoff series pending, they have picked against the Kings seven out of nine times, with a record of 4-4 overall.

Nefarious

Classless Doty
Jun 27, 2006
King's Landing

So with one playoff series pending, they have picked against the Kings seven out of nine times, with a record of 4-4 overall.

So what's their beef? Or do they just suck at forecasting?

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009

Jeeeeeeeeeeeze...what was the line of thinking there?

Ron*

So what's their beef? Or do they just suck at forecasting?

Bolded part. I doubt they have a beef against the Kings (or any other West Coast team, for that matter), since they are all safely in their jammies tucked away in their beds, sleeping soundly when the Kings are playing.

You can't properly assess what you don't know.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
THN is stupid...i don't read it closely but i get its prospect projections material - and most of that is awful.

I don't necessarily disagree, I feel like this could go either way in 6 or 7.

I picked the Hawks in 7 (natch, lol). I think the Hawks will be better able to win it in a long series and the Kings will be better able to win it in a short series but who really knows.

ha ha ha...this is weird...but i find you guys way more tolerable and nice reading your own board than i do when i read the series thread on the mainboard. go figure :laugh:

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Eh, can't blame them on that one. Most people have trouble seeing past the President's Trophy. Plus, the underdog status suits us well.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
THN is stupid...i don't read it closely but i get its prospect projections material - and most of that is awful.

I picked the Hawks in 7 (natch, lol). I think the Hawks will be better able to win it in a long series and the Kings will be better able to win it in a short series but who really knows.

ha ha ha...this is weird...but i find you guys way more tolerable and nice reading your own board than i do when i read the series thread on the mainboard. go figure :laugh:

We've become the most enigmatic fan base in the league. Welcome and I'm looking forward to this series, very much. I find the vast majority of Blackhawks fans to be very knowledgeable and enjoyable to banter with.

Unlike some other ones...

Ron*

Main boards are for shít. I find most posters there are too emotionally wired to post coherently, or are just so childish its not worth the time bothering to even open a thread.

This team forum is pretty cool, full of knowledgeable fans, as I am sure yours is too. I am just glad you guys beat the Red Wings. I am going to all the WCF playoff games and I find Detroit fans insufferable. At least Blackhawk fans are respectable in our building.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
We've become the most enigmatic fan base in the league. Welcome and I'm looking forward to this series, very much. I find the vast majority of Blackhawks fans to be very knowledgeable and enjoyable to banter with.

Unlike some other ones...

we're a pretty good board. there's a fan base of a team who shall remain unnamed who plays in the most western province in canada who we have extreme difficulty getting along with...but other than that we (including myself) are more likely to react to adversity by deciding to fire everyone associated with our team than we are to get belligerent with other fan bases (admittedly we weren't overly gracious to the Wings..but given team history that's to be expected).

i'm already kinda philosophical about this series. unsurprisingly, i pick the hawks to win - but i can also see (in technicolour) why they may not.

what will disappoint me is if the series is boring...but it should be entertaining - i think that w/ our speed and your forecheck the teams will probably take turns running each other over.

...and i'm sure will get sick of each other fast. i like mike richards and drew doughty (and i'm generally fine with jeff carter)...but i go into the series having a real problem w/ dustin brown...and no doubt he, of all people, will cause rage in chicago :laugh:

Ron*

we're a pretty good board. there's a fan base of a team who shall remain unnamed who plays in the most western province in canada who we have extreme difficulty getting along with...

That's because if you ask anyone in that city they will tell you Duncan Keith ****ed up that team for the next 100 years when he put Daniel Sedin on the shelf for a couple of weeks last season, right before the playoffs.

KingKopitar11*

Hopefully they keep voting against us because it's making us win.

Andrew Knoll

Jun 20, 2007
Los Angeles
thehockeywriters.com
I had the Sharks in 7 but just like last year, the conference semis were the thing that switched me to the Kings the whole way. It's going to be a rigorous series, but I like the Kings to pull it out in 7.

Obviously that means the series is incredibly tight either way. Looking at the THN breakdown, I mostly agreed on the advantages however I think special teams is a wash. Both power plays are talented but as streaky as any in the playoffs. The Kings power play was more potent during the year, but that doesn't matter much. If you throw out those first 8 games, they were way above 20%, Chicago I don't think sniffed that over any meaningful period.

PK wise, they are both great at home and I'm not taking any PK as having a clear advantage over LA's. To me, special teams are pretty much a wash on paper, with LA having a slightly better chance to seize some small overall advantage.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
THN is a largely a bunch of blowhards now imo. my boycott of K Campbell continues

i picked LA in 6. this circus is going 6 or 7 games and i think can go to either team

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Why should anything THN picks mean anything? It's just their opinion and like a lot of the media periodicals, they love the Hawks. A lot of those analysts are basing their evals on the team they saw in Jan-Mar dominate. That's not the team I have seen post season. A team that struggled against the Wild at times and also vs the Wings. And the most glaring thing in the Kings favor, which most reviews don't emphasize enough is the physical game the Kings present.
Kings have 599 hits vs 239 for the Hawks postseason.
The Hawks have not faced a team as hard hitting and relentless as the Kings. Back to back that will affect them.
And the Kings forwards because the Hawks are not as phsycial as either the Blues orthe Sharks (and are not as big generally) should have more room and space.
And I think the Kings have the edge at center, Kopi and Richards over Toewes and Handzus.
I think the extra day off helps the Kings and they will come out strong in game 1, esp in the 1st.

Nefarious

Classless Doty
Jun 27, 2006
King's Landing
Why should anything THN picks mean anything? It's just their opinion and like a lot of the media periodicals, they love the Hawks. A lot of those analysts are basing their evals on the team they saw in Jan-Mar dominate. That's not the team I have seen post season. A team that struggled against the Wild at times and also vs the Wings. And the most glaring thing in the Kings favor, which most reviews don't emphasize enough is the physical game the Kings present.
Kings have 599 hits vs 239 for the Hawks postseason.
The Hawks have not faced a team as hard hitting and relentless as the Kings. Back to back that will affect them.
And the Kings forwards because the Hawks are not as phsycial as either the Blues orthe Sharks (and are not as big generally) should have more room and space.
And I think the Kings have the edge at center, Kopi and Richards over Toewes and Handzus.
I think the extra day off helps the Kings and they will come out strong in game 1, esp in the 1st.

This.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5