THN Blog - Sabres haven’t given Grigorenko a chance to succeed

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I said this in the Larsson thread, we already have 26 players on our roster because we have a couple guys on injured reserve and then picked up Omark and Konopka. When Tallinder, Stafford, McCormick and Porter all come back, McNabb surely goes to Rochester, and we still have to make 2 additional moves just to get to 23. Either two more young guys are going back to Rochester (Omark? Pysyk?), or we're waiving at least 2 veterans. Giving Grigs another shot means we'd have to move/waive 3.

I doubt this blogger knows anything about what I just spoke of.
26. Currently
25. WAIVE LEINO
24.Demote McNabb
23.Demote Sulzer
22. Trade Stafford
21. Trade Miller
20. Trade Tallinder

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
Leino is NOT getting waived in-season. Period. Why on earth would the Sabres give themselves a cap hit when they can just play out the season and cut ties with him???

He wouldn't play in the AHL. He would sit at home in bubble wrap to make sure he doesn't get injured and then we can buy him out at the end of the season. Or even better, maybe somebody picks him up off of waivers...nevermind.:laugh:

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Given that we've seen the effect of what rushing a kid does to you (remember Tim Connolly, people???), I have no idea why there is so much clamor to keep a kid who obviously doesn't belong in the NHL.

You mean the guy that was on his way to a conn smythe until he got his head caved in?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
No it wasn't, they said the exact opposite. They said he shouldn't be sitting, he should be playing somewhere and getting lots of ice time, and so they sent him to the WJC's. And now that's over, they sent him to juniors.

...after letting him sit half a season.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
...after letting him sit half a season.

I was thinking "wow, they let Grigorenko sit for 41 games this year?"

2013 - October thru November - 18 games played with the Sabres

2013 - 2014 - WJC's - 7 games

Sooooo where did he sit half a season?

:huh:

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
Didn't read the article, but Regier, Rolston, and Ruff are gone now.

And Nolan clearly likes vets more.

Most of the people that "didn't give him a chance to succeed" have been fired. He's back in the Q. Clock reset. Move on.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Didn't read the article, but Regier, Rolston, and Ruff are gone now.

And Nolan clearly likes vets more.

Most of the people that "didn't give him a chance to succeed" have been fired. He's back in the Q. Clock reset. Move on.

Clock reset on a Miller move

zbubble

Jul 29, 2005
I rather him play 20 games in the NHL than not be playing anywhere. Do you not understand that? Playing nowhere is sureeee helping him. If you honestly think him not playing anywhere is better than playing 2nd line minutes against some of the top people then I've nothing left to say to you.

I honestly think him not playing IN THE NHL is better than playing second line minutes against some of the top people. Hall of famer Pat LaFontaine, Jack Adams trophy winner Ted Nolan, and General Manager Tim Murray all agree.

They would also point out to you that if he were to remain with the Sabres, he would sit for 3 weeks, not even practicing, while the NHL goes on break for the Olympics. I hope you now realize Quebec is the best place for him, rather than to have him "rot" here in February.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I honestly think him not playing IN THE NHL is better than playing second line minutes against some of the top people. Hall of famer Pat LaFontaine, Jack Adams trophy winner Ted Nolan, and General Manager Tim Murray all agree.

They would also point out to you that if he were to remain with the Sabres, he would sit for 3 weeks, not even practicing, while the NHL goes on break for the Olympics. I hope you now realize Quebec is the best place for him, rather than to have him "rot" here in February.

The kid needs to play. And we're coming up on a month where he wouldn't see much ice if he was still in the NHL.

"One of the big parts of the decision is that once the Olympics come around if he's not playing in Rochester, he's sitting around for 20 days," LaFontaine said. "A player at 19 years of age needs to develop. He needs to be playing."

Actually they agree with me. He should've been playing in the NHL at least if he wasn't eligible to return to his junior team yet. :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad