This Pittsburgh Penguins Act is Getting Old

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Has Dubas already given his endorsement to Sully for next season?

He kept backing Keefe after every playoff failure, would be interesting to see if he's going to remain loyal to a coach that every Pens fan seems tired of defending.
He is waiting to see if the leafs fire Keefe first. If leafs fire Keefe he fires sully and brings Keefe in. If leafs keep Keefe pens will keep sully.

randywoodsghost

Jul 13, 2022
The last ten games were the worst possible thing to happen to the Pens.

Made fans think this team is a playoff team when they aren’t close to one.

Watch management kick the can down the road another year and they will be worse for it in the long run.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The last ten games were the worst possible thing to happen to the Pens.

Made fans think this team is a playoff team when they aren’t close to one.

Watch management kick the can down the road another year and they will be worse for it in the long run.

It pushed their 1st to like 15th overall so now they can give it up to San Jose. I don't see how that is "the worst possible thing".

Yeah, so basically pitt is screwed either way lol

Keefe would be an upgrade on Sullivan just because of how much Sullivan has ran out his welcome with the Penguins.

Even if Sullivan is a "better" coach, it doesn't matter because Sullivan has absolutely poisoned this team with his decisions. Just getting a new voice alone would likely be a massive improvement.

Reactions: PaulD

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
They looked very slow last night with no good young players to help that aging core along.

I have no idea why they didn't move on from Sullivan.

Sometimes a new way of playing with a different set of eyes behind the bench can add a spark to the players.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
They looked very slow last night with no good young players to help that aging core along.

I have no idea why they didn't move on from Sullivan.

Sometimes a new way of playing with a different set of eyes behind the bench can add a spark to the players.
The time to move on from Sullivan was like 2020 or 2021. That’s when it might’ve made a difference, and when his obvious flaws had shown themselves while his track record of success had already run bone dry.

Now it doesn’t even matter. Two different ownership groups have welded whatever remained of that core to a single coach that they believe walks on water. Despite not having won a playoff series in 6 years.

I still hope Sullivan gets fired because it’s long, long overdue. But it won’t happen, bc in the eyes of ownership “Sully” is a feature of this core, not a bug.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
FSG are in love with him

At this point I’m convinced he has major dirt on somebody (perhaps even one of our aging stars) that he’s using as leverage to keep his job.

And no I’m not 100% joking. How a coach whom has been this incompetent for what…going on 7 years now still has this much security, pull, and leeway is beyond me. :help: :help: :help:

FSG are beyond clueless. I really hate that Lemieux/Burkle sold the team to these trust fund twatnozzles.

As they are well on their way to destroying our franchise/everything that was great about it and turning us into the next Arizona.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
It pushed their 1st to like 15th overall so now they can give it up to San Jose. I don't see how that is "the worst possible thing".

Keefe would be an upgrade on Sullivan just because of how much Sullivan has ran out his welcome with the Penguins.

Even if Sullivan is a "better" coach, it doesn't matter because Sullivan has absolutely poisoned this team with his decisions. Just getting a new voice alone would likely be a massive improvement.
Sullivan should have pulled a Paul Maurice years ago.
I ever a team needed a new voice from coaching position....Sullivan's Penguins are it.
Even he couldn't deny that.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Sullivan should have pulled a Paul Maurice years ago.
I ever a team needed a new voice from coaching position....Sullivan's Penguins are it.
Even he couldn't deny that.

He actually does disagree and deny that:

pi314

Jun 10, 2017
Windsor, ON
The time to move on from Sullivan was like 2020 or 2021. That’s when it might’ve made a difference, and when his obvious flaws had shown themselves while his track record of success had already run bone dry.

Now it doesn’t even matter. Two different ownership groups have welded whatever remained of that core to a single coach that they believe walks on water. Despite not having won a playoff series in 6 years.

I still hope Sullivan gets fired because it’s long, long overdue. But it won’t happen, bc in the eyes of ownership “Sully” is a feature of this core, not a bug.

He also has a big contract and ownership would eat a lot of money to fire him.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
He actually does disagree and deny that:

My bad then........ he is dead wrong.

This team hasnt won a round since first round 2018.

No matter the large turn over of players every summer, his team comes out and plays the exact same way every season.
Who adds the current Norris trophy winner and does no improve one iota?
Every new player that comes to Sully goes on to having a their worst season. eg Karlsson, Eller, Rielly Smith, Graves, etc.
If Sullivan doesnt agree this team needs a new coach...... its completely self serving. Which is just one more good reason to show him the door.

Last edited:

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
The team is too young and inexperienced, they need to bring back Jagr to show the young whipper snappers like Sid, Geno and Letang the right way to play the game

• Love
Reactions: Bouboumaster

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
I've been lying to myself each recent season that the owners are waiting to fire him in the middle of the season to give the team a chance at a spark playoff run under a new coach.

At this point, you can tell they just don't care. We knew that he never should have gotten than contract after multiple playoffs busts and we are still reaping the rewards from it.

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Ideally, they should be rebuilding, but how do you do that with Crosby and Malkin under contract? Obviously they weren't going to trade Crosby or let him go for nothing. They've often lacked depth during the Crosby/Malkin era, but now their stars are too old to carry the team into the playoffs. Another year of barely missing the playoffs won't help the franchise long-term, but the team doesn't seem quite bad enough to finish in the bottom five or be a contender for first overall pick yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: BallardEra

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I think the best thing the Pens can do, is to wait for Crosby's contract to end, trade assets, and blow the team the f*** up

They were a good team for almost 2 decades, it's time for a rebuild

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
The Peinguins should trade Crosby, Malkin, Karlson, Letang, Jarry ,Rust,Rakell,Bunting and rebuilt. They could receive Many first round picks and good prospects.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
The Peinguins should trade Crosby, Malkin, Karlson, Letang, Jarry ,Rust,Rakell,Bunting and rebuilt. They could receive Many first round picks and good prospects.
Crosby is not getting traded. He will retire a Penguin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad