Tribute This One Will Last A Lifetime -30 YEARS AGO TONIGHT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Talisman_52

Mar 9, 2004
I had just graduated high school (to the surprise of my parents) in Raleigh (Cary), NC. There were loads of house parties going on that night. I would only switch locations during intermission and friends of mine would call ahead to make sure the correct channel was turned on before we arrived (remember no one had cell phones then). People thought I was crazy as no one really knew what hockey was back then in NC. We had an echl team, but no southerner paid much attention to them.

I didn’t drink a drop during the game and was DD in between periods. Once the game ended, the proverbial gloves came off and it was a night to remember. One of the most fun nights of my life that lasted until the sun came up.

Who knew that roughly a decade later I would end up in a bar with the Hurricanes after they had won the cup.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Yeah it’s more of an under 40 thing. If you’re any younger , you don’t remember the cup even if you were alive for it
Yes. Bottom line is I'm 63, eliminate the first 8 yrs of my life. So, I waited 25 yrs. for "my first" and cannot fathom this drought surpassing that last one. This seems MUCH longer and MUCH MORE painful. Talk about pain, I'm in the same group as @NYRFAN218 and @TominNC and strangely enough gave up on the Knicks when I moved to Florida in 96'.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I had just graduated high school (to the surprise of my parents) in Raleigh (Cary), NC. There were loads of house parties going on that night. I would only switch locations during intermission and friends of mine would call ahead to make sure the correct channel was turned on before we arrived (remember no one had cell phones then). People thought I was crazy as no one really knew what hockey was back then in NC. We had an echl team, but no southerner paid much attention to them.

I didn’t drink a drop during the game and was DD in between periods. Once the game ended, the proverbial gloves came off and it was a night to remember. One of the most fun nights of my life that lasted until the sun came up.

Who knew that roughly a decade later I would end up in a bar with the Hurricanes after they had won the cup.
Talisman, which HS in Apex? My grandsons all have gone/are going to a apex HS.

Talisman_52

Mar 9, 2004
Bobbop, I went to Cary high school. I lived very close to downtown Cary. The area has changed a ton since those days, but I still like it. I moved to San Francisco a little over a decade ago for work, but I still go back to see friends.

I played a lot of soccer with guys from Apex and I played adult league hockey at the Icehouse rinks in Cary and Garner and also a little at the rec zone in Raleigh.

After beer league hockey one night, we randomly walked in to the Hurricanes private Stanley cup party at the Carolina Ale house in Crossroads mall. That was pretty fun to witness.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
The Sam Rosen Curse.
:(
Did he experience 1940? He prob should have said; "and this one will cover the last 53 yrs. of suffering", for those generations.
This streak goes on much longer, then it should be regarded as a curse, with NO regard for the generations beyond 93'-94.
This coming unfortunately from the Rangers #1 representative/fan. Arrange an exorcism quickly, Sam. We all don't want 93'-94' to "Last a Lifetime". We only have one, that we know of.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad