This is our best top 6 (at forward) since.....?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Tarasenko is more of a 3rd liner at this stage so I’m not sure it’s as good as people think. I don’t think he’s much of an upgrade on Perron. We also lost depth scoring in Sprong and Fabbri and replaced that with Berggren and Watson, so IMO the forwards are a wash compared to last season.

Tank had 54 pts last (regular) season, more than Compher. On a deep team like FLA, he's a 3rd liner, but if you look at the league as a whole he's also a low end 2nd liner. He's not much of an upgrade, but at least he's faster than Perron, and he's only 32.

All in all, it's prob a wash like you said. Defense is probably a wash as well, slight upgrade with Talbot in goal.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Last year stats:

Perron 17-30-47 with a -12 and 55 PIM.
Tarasenko 23-32-55 with a +13 and 12 PIM.

Even if Tank drops in production, he will likely be caught out of position less often and take fewer penalties, so I still count him as an upgrade over Perron.

As for Detroit's top six overall, I'm whelmed. The entire second line are placeholders, so they'll do what they're supposed to and hold a place until the kids are ready to be even better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad