Post-Game Talk: This game is on Mrazek

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Cleary was a liability. He literally hindered the offense. Richards may not be lighting it up but he's not a net negative.

You can't call a guy who generally outplays his linemates a liability.

I can when he is making 3x as much as Sheahan.

950k vs. 3.0 million

Hawks paid him 1.5 million to put up 37 points.

Hawks didn't need him to produce. Wings can't afford to have any more passengers on this train. Literally every player is basically useless if they aren't playing with Datsyuk or Zetterberg. Oh and Larkin too.

skate skate skate

Apr 6, 2014
Europe

Richards was an asset on the Hawks roster. He is a liability on the Wings roster.

One roster has a ton of talent. The other does not.

And that's your opinion. IMO he's been good, not great, but good.

I hate that 4th line.

Switching Pulks and Jurco makes more sense.

Kronwall should be on the IR, right? That has to give the team some relief.

I don't think you get cap relief by having somebody on IR, right? Only a roaster spot. But idk. It's all a bit confusing, General Fanager says we have 1.8M in cap space. And
according to them we only got $3,574,377 out of possible $5,304,545 in cap relief by having Franzen and Miller on LTIR.

Last edited:

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Assuming Tatar is back on Friday, and Richards is on PEI, Andersson should be back in. The lineup looks pretty good on paper, except that 4th line.

Abdelkader-Zetterberg-Larkin
Helm-Datsyuk-Nyquist
Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar
Andersson-Glendening-Pulkkinen

Hunting Bow*

A few things I took from the game lastnight.

1. Tight checking game like the post season
2. Someone needs to be able to drive the net like the St. Louis player on their 2nd goal.
3. Pulks has to learn in the NHL you can't just blast and expect the shot to through.
4. AND THE BIGGEST!!!!!!! A team who struggles to score goals can NOT miss open net shots.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Or like last season when he played a 2C role on the Championship team scoring 14 points in 23 games. Beyond that he has a mile long track record of bringing it during the NHL's 2nd season. He has scored 14+ points or finished above point per game in 6 of the 9 years his team has made the playoffs.

But hey, congratulations on finding what is essentially the outlier of a 15 season career.

14 in 23 isn't really what i'd expect from a playoff stud. not when linemate is pp.

most of those good PO years came when he was a good player. he ain't that anymore.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I think I'd go bonkers and run something like:

Abby-z-Larkin
Tatar-Dats-sheahan
Nyquist-Helm-Andersson
Jurco-glenny-Pulu

Ideally though we dump the bottom 4 from the lineup.

Pulu is redundant, Jurco is broken, Andy and glenny are both meh. I'll sat ok keep glenny but give me AA, Mantha, and Cally.

Abby-Z-Larkin
Tatar-Dats-AA
Nyquist-Sheahan-Mantha
Helm-Glenny-Cally

3 scoring lines and a 4th line with an actual purpose.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
14 in 23 isn't really what i'd expect from a playoff stud. not when linemate is pp.

most of those good PO years came when he was a good player. he ain't that anymore.

14 in 23 is good second line center production from a 35 year old. He is certainly a good player.

icKx

Vanek 4 Prez
May 7, 2010
Intertubes
I can when he is making 3x as much as Sheahan.

950k vs. 3.0 million

Hawks paid him 1.5 million to put up 37 points.

Hawks didn't need him to produce. Wings can't afford to have any more passengers on this train. Literally every player is basically useless if they aren't playing with Datsyuk or Zetterberg. Oh and Larkin too.

Who would you rather have on the ice in the O zone -- Richards or Sheahan?

In our zone?

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
All I can see is the Habs have fallen to 10/11th place in the conference. They won the cup in november .

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
All I can see is the Habs have fallen to 10/11th place in the conference. They won the cup in november .

Won't fire their coach either. Idk what's going on with Montreal. They have good players Price shouldn't hurt them this bad. That's on the coach. Who they won't fire

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Assuming Tatar is back on Friday, and Richards is on PEI, Andersson should be back in. The lineup looks pretty good on paper, except that 4th line.

Abdelkader-Zetterberg-Larkin
Helm-Datsyuk-Nyquist
Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar
Andersson-Glendening-Pulkkinen

Looks really solid though I would switch out Pulkkinen and Jurco, I feel like Pulkky has been way better than Jurco has so far.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

And Tampa is #2 where a couple months ago they were out of the playoffs by a long shot.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
And Tampa is #2 where a couple months ago they were out of the playoffs by a long shot.

I don't think Tampa was ever out of the playoffs by a long shot. They've always been on the bubble...

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Won't fire their coach either. Idk what's going on with Montreal. They have good players Price shouldn't hurt them this bad. That's on the coach. Who they won't fire
It seems to me that goaltending means a lot in the East. Habs were doing great, while Price played, caps and panthers are doing great because of goaltending. Devils no chance without great goaltending .
I don't think Tampa was ever out of the playoffs by a long shot. They've always been on the bubble...

But people here were talking like bolts would not make it. Suddenly if they put 10 wins in a row, they might fight for the top spot in the conference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad