Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 3 - Flyers Rumors and Media Mentions: Never Ending Circles

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This guy is gonna get paid more than Staal was last year.

Which means other teams wanted him.

But we’re gonna get him

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I dont care "that" much about Johnson being re-signed in a vacuum... he sucks these days and will be paid too much but he will be the #7 in theory.

BUT yeh, if I am Ronnie Attard at this point I am like "what the f*** do I have to do". They just keep blocking him and finding ways for him not to play even when he plays well when given a chance.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
BUT yeh, if I am Ronnie Attard at this point I am like "what the f*** do I have to do". They just keep blocking him and finding ways for him not to play even when he plays well when given a chance.

Even as an organization, finding out what you have has value. If Attard falls on his face, fine. You still made a more informed decision.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I dont care "that" much about Johnson being re-signed in a vacuum... he sucks these days and will be paid too much but he will be the #7 in theory.

He’ll get his chance, the odds of both Drysdale and Fisto staying healthy are right up there with the odds of someone winning the Powerball jackpot.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Even as an organization, finding out what you have has value. If Attard falls on his face, fine. You still made a more informed decision.

Yeh. Not letting young guys play is awful asset management for a re-building team.

Hell, even if internally you dont like him? If he plays 60 games and gets like 20 points with 18 minutes a night and some PP2 time? He is probably worth given his age like a late 2nd round pick (or a 3rd+) at the deadline if even ONE team thinks he helps them. Which as a bigger righty is likely.

LegionOfGloom

Jun 9, 2021
Yeh. Not letting young guys play is awful asset management for a re-building team.

Hell, even if internally you dont like him? If he plays 60 games and gets like 20 points with 18 minutes a night and some PP2 time? He is probably worth given his age like a late 2nd round pick (or a 3rd+) at the deadline if even ONE team thinks he helps them. Which as a bigger righty is likely.
Maybe you can explain this to your friend Charlie

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
It’s even worse than that because Attard was actually a pretty good draft pick too. You have a guy you drafted in the 3rd round who had solid potential and then progressed reasonably well… and you’re just going to hold him back instead of giving the pick a chance to actually pay off? What is that plan? Maybe if he was an undrafted free agent, I could shrug, but they actually developed this player!

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Whats funny to me to is that he isn't worth 2 million at this point, but they are gonna give it to him anyway to convince him not to retire

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Maybe you can explain this to your friend Charlie

Tbf Charlie has to toe the line faaaar more than I do. Especially with how sensitive some people are in NHL front offices and behind NHL benches...

We differ on opinion on some things related to the Flyers but we are not a million miles away opinion wise on most things...

A career as an NHL beat writer - well - just look around the league.

People like Russo were probably the most "critical" we have seen in terms of guys who made a long career of it while still keeping the good relationship with a front office you need to have, and while I respect Russo a hell of a lot he was never really ruffling too many feathers and still flew dangerously close to the sun with Fenton just for basically doing his job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad