Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
They talked about the Coots captain timing thing - I just did a bad job recapping -

ASF said something like he wonders if Danny and Jonesy pushed for Coots, and Torts said "thats fine, but on my terms" - and then Torts maybe systematically thought if he made an example of Coots the team would tell him to F himself and save their season....4th line ---> Scratch = Rally against Torts....instead the team didn't know how to respond and played nervous, "am I next"?

Also they theorized about Rod for a second, but mostly Berube, ASF thinks maybe NJD or TOR makes sense, can they convince him to do TV for a year and not take a job? They all think it was unlikely?

__________________________________________________________________________________

Again - I'll say this - I don't know many people around the org, but I can promise you - Torts is not Danny's or Jonesy's guy. They were pissed about the scratch, and were confused about Brink's usage (who they see as a legit top 9)

We shall see.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Are they throwing in a second to deal Risto at 50%?

Dmen get traded at the deadline all the time and immediately help their new teams, but Risto is such a special snowflake he can only be traded in summer. :laugh:

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
They talked about the Coots captain timing thing - I just did a bad job recapping -

ASF said something like he wonders if Danny and Jonesy pushed for Coots, and Torts said "thats fine, but on my terms" - and then Torts maybe systematically thought if he made an example of Coots the team would tell him to F himself and save their season....4th line ---> Scratch = Rally against Torts....instead the team didn't know how to respond and played nervous, "am I next"?

Also they theorized about Rod for a second, but mostly Berube, ASF thinks maybe NJD or TOR makes sense, can they convince him to do TV for a year and not take a job? They all think it was unlikely?

__________________________________________________________________________________

Again - I'll say this - I don't know many people around the org, but I can promise you - Torts is not Danny's or Jonesy's guy. They were pissed about the scratch, and were confused about Brink's usage (who they see as a legit top 9)

We shall see.
clearly they have zero authority then to get rid of him then if this is true. I myself very skeptical it is true as they all seem to be on board and in step with each other for the most part.

I can possibly buy danny isnt a torts fan. "jonesy" no way

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
ASF on Nasty Knuckles….
-Torts scratching Coots did not sit well with the team… Nasty also reiterated this, but more so than I ever heard him say
-Nasty also said when Coots said “he didnt like how he was being treated” it made him say “woah” because he is an absolute professional and team guy. He knew something was up with the team. Thinks guys may have lost respect for Torts than
-Danny and Jonesy were pushing for Coots to be captain
-Danny and Coots are like big brother/little brother. Coots is like an uncle to Danny’s kids
-Coots played hurt and hit a wall
-Coots changing agents could mean a lot but thinks the new agent will work to facilitate a trade if its needed
-Wonders about Farabee in a trade, says Frost has been available for a year, no one met price
-Thinks they try to move Risto and that a Risto move in the summer always made more sense because GMs think Risto will need a summer and a training camp to get ready in a system
-Could this be the summer for Laughton? Not sure but spoke at length at how great he is as a person
-Fedotov and Michkov share an agent - thinks Flyers also paid above market value as a thank you and incentive to the agent - maybe he works harder to get Michkov over sooner?
-Expects him at the end of next season if he had a guess, eliminating the final year of the contract
-No big free agents, no big names for picks…maybe hockey 1 for 1 player for player deals

Trying to move their only young center. Dealing their position of greatest weakness.

Anyone want to reflect on the error of their ways for slamming me about my correct assertions that nothing has changed? And that leaving the same stupid group in charge leads to the same stupid results?

Risto is gonna be the new Laughton. "It makes more sense to trade in summer. It makes more sense to trade at deadline. It makes more sense to trade in summer. It makes more sense to trade at deadline." Especially now that they've successfully suppressed what talents he does have to make him a stay at home dman. That's their dream outcome for all dmen. Massive development success there.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Trading Risto seems like a huge smokescreen. They only have 2 RHD and he’s one of them. He also just had surgery. Their other RHD should be having surgery soon.

usahockey22flyers

Nov 9, 2009
Philly
clearly they have zero authority then to get rid of him then if this is true. I myself very skeptical it is true as they all seem to be on board and in step with each other for the most part.

I can possibly buy danny isnt a torts fan. "jonesy" no way
Right or wrong fans a decent portion of this fanbase likes Torts. The team over exceeded expectations. I assume it would be a bad look to the fans who came back this season, if they were to can Torts. I think if they miss the playoffs again next year with somewhat of the same roster, you’ll see Torts gone.

And Jonesy ain’t the hardnose yelling a-hole type. He’s collaborative, smart, funny, and a team player. A few of my friends worked with him at Audacy and said he’s a genuinely nice guy (as is Danny) and Jonesy is really smart. They weren’t surprised he got the President job.

Comcast has deep pockets but Frank Seravalli said there’s 8 Million reasons to not fire Torts.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Right or wrong fans a decent portion of this fanbase likes Torts. The team over exceeded expectations. I assume it would be a bad look to the fans who came back this season, if they were to can Torts. I think if they miss the playoffs again next year with somewhat of the same roster, you’ll see Torts gone.

And Jonesy ain’t the hardnose yelling a-hole type. He’s collaborative, smart, funny, and a team player. A few of my friends worked with him at Audacy and said he’s a genuinely nice guy (as is Danny) and Jonesy is really smart. They weren’t surprised he got the President job.

Comcast has deep pockets but Frank Seravalli said there’s 8 Million reasons to not fire Torts.
not so sure as the optics look good though so many other teams shat the bed. had they not flyers be 5/7 spots below where they finished.

well "jonesy" was not their top 5 choice. he got it by default

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Didn't most people have the team somewhere at 20-25? If their finish is exceeding fan expectations then that seems like a bunch of copium on their part. And that's with pretty lenient injury luck all year.

Wonder how many years of going nowhere it takes before most fans accept they're never going anywhere.

Reactions: trostol

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Briere being interviewed by TSN at the WC18. Nothing surprising.

-reiterated that the aim was to play “meaningful games” this season, but that their results didn’t affect their thought process going forward in terms of getting more picks and getting younger;
-said they are very excited about the 25 draft class, and he specifically mentioned Canada and their top line, but said that they were focused on the 24 class right now;
-when asked for an update about Michkov, said that there was nothing new, and they were still looking at a ~2 year timeline.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
ASF on Nasty Knuckles….
-Torts scratching Coots did not sit well with the team… Nasty also reiterated this, but more so than I ever heard him say
-Nasty also said when Coots said “he didnt like how he was being treated” it made him say “woah” because he is an absolute professional and team guy. He knew something was up with the team. Thinks guys may have lost respect for Torts than
-Danny and Jonesy were pushing for Coots to be captain
-Danny and Coots are like big brother/little brother. Coots is like an uncle to Danny’s kids
-Coots played hurt and hit a wall
-Coots changing agents could mean a lot but thinks the new agent will work to facilitate a trade if its needed
-Wonders about Farabee in a trade, says Frost has been available for a year, no one met price
-Thinks they try to move Risto and that a Risto move in the summer always made more sense because GMs think Risto will need a summer and a training camp to get ready in a system
-Could this be the summer for Laughton? Not sure but spoke at length at how great he is as a person
-Fedotov and Michkov share an agent - thinks Flyers also paid above market value as a thank you and incentive to the agent - maybe he works harder to get Michkov over sooner?
-Expects him at the end of next season if he had a guess, eliminating the final year of the contract
-No big free agents, no big names for picks…maybe hockey 1 for 1 player for player deals

This checks out. I initially speculated they had a player vote and the team named Couturier captain which Torts wasn't hoping for. As soon as he was named Captain, he started to slowly reduce his role until he was scratched.

Everything always comes back to one INDISPUTABLE fact:

John Tortorella is a certified piece of shit.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
This checks out. I initially speculated they had a player vote and the team named Couturier captain which Torts wasn't hoping for. As soon as he was named Captain, he started to slowly reduce his role until he was scratched.

Imagine if this guy worked at a mechanic shop or a fire hall.

Goodbye car windows :laugh:

usahockey22flyers

Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Didn't most people have the team somewhere at 20-25? If their finish is exceeding fan expectations then that seems like a bunch of copium on their part. And that's with pretty lenient injury luck all year.

Wonder how many years of going nowhere it takes before most fans accept they're never going anywhere.
I think people thought they were bottom 5ish.

As per interest: Flyers were completely irrelevant 2 years ago. The STHs were pissed, no one was wearing Flyers stuff at the grocery store.

Compare to now, attendance is up, you hear ppl say “hey I turned on the Flyers this year for first time pre COVID.” You see the logo way more than last year at Shoprite. There’s a genuine interest in the team again.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018

As per interest: Flyers were completely irrelevant 2 years ago. The STHs were pissed, no one was wearing Flyers stuff at the grocery store.

Compare to now, attendance is up, you hear ppl say “hey I turned on the Flyers this year for first time pre COVID.” You see the logo way more than last year at Shoprite. There’s a genuine interest in the team again.
IMO I don’t think they were ever going to be a bottom five team. They weren’t a bottom 5 team last year (bad but not among the worst) and improved both their forward and defense groups.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC

That is short term gain in popularity at the expense of long term pain. How many more seasons of Hextall-like results will the fanbase take before it's apparent they are just being playoff tweeners again and everyone tunes back out?

Reactions: Rebels57

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona

Sunk-cost fallacy.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

how is that an indisputable fact?

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

#infinty..

its why this Org. never changes... they feel no pressure to truely do so

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad