Therrien allegedly said Pacioretty is the worst Captain in Habs' history

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Lol the person who came up with it is famous for spreading false information.

It's now been three different unaffiliated journalists that have confirmed this story. I'm sure there's certain differences with what actually happened and what is being reported, but something that would be deemed embarrassing certainly seems to have transpired.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
It's now been three different unaffiliated journalists that have confirmed this story. I'm sure there's certain differences with what actually happened and what is being reported, but something that would be deemed embarrassing certainly seems to have transpired.

Yep three of the worst covering the Habs. Villeneuve is famous for spreading false rumours. Tremblay is famous for hating Therrien, the Habs and being a fiction writer. Leclerc isn't famous but I've read many of his pieces about hockey and always thought he was so wrong all the time.

I'll believe it when a reliable source confirms it.

Not the Michel Villeneuve, Rejaune Tremblay or Martin Leclerc of this world. They're crap. They're not journalists, they're attention seekers. They all said they didn't hear it themselves, someone told them.

The best journalists covering the Habs don't believe it, nor do I.

I agree on one thing though, Therrien is crap.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
What will it take for Therrien to get fired?

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Villeneuve isn't the only journalist who reported it tho.

E82

Feb 3, 2015
FYI Michel Villeneuve was fired today. His bosses were fed up with his ********.

lol I think you went to the wrong internet :sarcasm: because that is not what happened. His bosses asked him to reveal his sources and he declined to do so. Actually, he says he has even more damning information that he will release shortly.

:popcorn::popcorn: grab it. It's about to get more interesting

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
I can't stop laughing at the stories about Therrien and his smoking "shed" er bus, and farting loudly in front of players. I hope these stories are true as they are hilarious.:handclap:

Lol. Where are these stories coming from? Link?

Edit: found it

Last edited:

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
lol I think you went to the wrong internet :sarcasm: because that is not what happened. His bosses asked him to reveal his sources and he declined to do so. Actually, he says he has even more damning information that he will release shortly.

:popcorn::popcorn: grab it. It's about to get more interesting

As a Habs fan I'm praying for the worst, we already have our HC in Muller running the shots and I've wanted Therrien gone since his first season.

EDDIE20*

All you need now is for Therrien to say something ridiculous about Carey Price. You know it'll happen sooner or later.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Why was he even chosen to be captain? Obviously we don't know what goes on in the locker room, but he definitely doesn't seem like much of a captain during games.

I wonder if they will move it to Weber instead

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Why was he even chosen to be captain? Obviously we don't know what goes on in the locker room, but he definitely doesn't seem like much of a captain during games.

He was chosen cause he was the least offensive pick. They looked around the room and they really had no idea whom to pick. Nobody was standing out. (Except Price, he is the real leader). So they had the chance to choose between the crazy guy(PK) and the boring guy(Max), they picked the boring guy.

BTW, MT is stupid but boy Villeneuve is nuts. Why would he report something that was said in confidence. After that they wonder why management act all secretives like a siege mentality.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Amongst media people who reported the story, only Leclerc is anything remotely credible (and he did qualify the whole thing).

Mathias Brunet, from LaPresse and about on par with Leclerc as far as I'm concerned (that means, good), said he heard conflicting reports about the situation, hence why he never said a thing about it (and can't confirm).

Tom Collins

Aug 26, 2013
Villeneuve isn't the only journalist who reported it tho.

Yeah, but to be fair, it's not outlandish for the unnamed "source" in the other articles to just be the original report. These low-level journalists have the ability to spread clickbait while hiding behind the "confidentiality" of their sources.

Wouldn't be shocked to learn that 95% of crappy blog posts and reports like this are just the "snowball" effect because they read it from someone they follow/like. How much is actual journalism and how much is armchair reporting?

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Yeah, but to be fair, it's not outlandish for the unnamed "source" in the other articles to just be the original report. These low-level journalists have the ability to spread clickbait while hiding behind the "confidentiality" of their sources.

Wouldn't be shocked to learn that 95% of crappy blog posts and reports like this are just the "snowball" effect because they read it from someone they follow/like. How much is actual journalism and how much is armchair reporting?

You definitely don't know Martin Leclerc if you think of him that way.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
The only thing I am a bit disappointed with in this ridiculous nothingness is that the team even addressed it. I would think that an organization with the stature of the Montreal Canadiens would be above he said/she said reality TV show fluff.

Then people wonder why they are so secretive. Grown up adults worried about what he or she said to who and about who or whatever. Yikes.

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc

Pacioretty was voted C by the players. MB and MT agreed

NoComments

Feb 27, 2015
He was chosen cause he was the least offensive pick. They looked around the room and they really had no idea whom to pick. Nobody was standing out. (Except Price, he is the real leader). So they had the chance to choose between the crazy guy(PK) and the boring guy(Max), they picked the boring guy.

BTW, MT is stupid but boy Villeneuve is nuts. Why would he report something that was said in confidence. After that they wonder why management act all secretives like a siege mentality.

I heard something interesting on the radio yesterday on the subject. MT supposedly said that people tell him a lot of crap all the time, and he doesn't have time or want to argue with these people. I can see it. The guy is well known.

The host was just putting this scenario out there, that seems like something that could have happened.

MT : Hey, how are you? (shaking hands with people).
Guy1 : Boy, I gotta tell you Michel, huge Habs fans, but you guys have the wrong captain.
MT : Is that so? (continues to shake hands of people around).
Guy1 : Yeah, he's the worse in the Habs' history!
MT : Hmmm mmm. (not even paying attention, moving down the line).
Guy1 : YOU SEE, MT AGREES WITH, HE SAID THAT HE'S THE WORSE CAPTAIN IN HABS HISTORY.

I mean, MT can't argue with everyone that says **** about the team, his players, etc. I think he's a huge tool, but I can't possibly see a scenario where he would say such a thing in public. Especially not in the heat of a bad moment. Especially about a guy that supposedly has his back.

THe whole thing smells like BS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad