GDT: There’s a Brown out in New Jersey - Edm v NJD - 5:30 pm

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
As long as we win tonight, the worst we will be heading into the break is 14-16-1.
Since no one is asking, Edmonton in the disaster year of 2017-18 after their first McDavid playoff run was 13-16-2 after 31 games and they were 17-12-2 after 31 the year Hitchcock took over.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
This season is on Skinner. If he becomes a consistent NHL goalie starting today we should be ok.

The boys were masking his flaws on the 8 game heater.

While I agree to a certain extent, I lay the blame at the feet of management. There were signs of this in the second half last year, and they did literally nothing over the off season to prepare for this potential scenario.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
My wife says I act like a 5 year old sometimes. Glad to know I have company. :)
Maturity is greatly overrated. Thats my take and I'm sticking to it.

While I agree to a certain extent, I lay the blame at the feet of management. There were signs of this in the second half last year, and they did literally nothing over the off season to prepare for this potential scenario.
Another skinner thread. I'm kinda laughing

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
This season is on Skinner. If he becomes a consistent NHL goalie starting today we should be ok.

The boys were masking his flaws on the 8 game heater.

They definitely were. He was still the second best goalie in most of those games.

Honestly, can anyone think of a single game this year where he outplayed the other goalie in which the Oilers didn't explode for 5, 6 or 7 goals?

Every tightly contested or hard fought game this year from my recollection he's been outplayed.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
If you can't break a 3 game skid and win with the elite cavalry pieces of NHL tweeners Erne & Pickard coming into the lineup... when can you win?

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
They definitely were. He was still the second best goalie in most of those games.

Honestly, can anyone think of a single game this year where he outplayed the other goalie in which the Oilers didn't explode for 5, 6 or 7 goals?

Every tightly contested or hard fought game this year from my recollection he's been outplayed.
He was really good in the end of the game against Helly and the Jets - Elton John.
The Jets were pushing hard at the end and Stu was a wall. I actually was about to turn off the game when we were down 1-0 in the third.. then Helly let in the Nurse floater and Drai scored a few minutes later, making the Jets go on the offense.
Other than that.. I can’t think of anything.

Last edited:

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

Outplaying... it has happened once this season in the Winnipeg win. Outright stealing hasn't happened since December 27, 2022. I'd give an honourable mention to the Seattle OT win as well as Edmonton was pretty seriously outplayed most of that game but he kept them to 3 allowing Edmonton the late outburst to win in shootout.

There were a few games down the stretch last year where I'd also say he outplayed the other goalie when Edmonton didn't score 4 or more (like the LA regular season games, Colorado win, and a win in Buffalo in the last couple months of the season) but generally it's a rare occurrence even to have him outduel in a low scoring affair.

In the last two years there are 9 total games where Edmonton won with less than 4 goals with Skinner in net only 3 with 2 or less goals scored but only in 3 of those games did Edmonton have an expected goal share below 50%, those are 2 early season games vs. Calgary last year and the previously mentioned Buffalo game where the expected goal share was 49.74.

They've lost 31 games where they score 3 or less with 10 of those being when they scored 3.

Last edited:

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas
Devils fan, coming in peace. Gonna be a great game with the best player in the world and also Connor McDavid. LOL, just kidding. This is one of my favorite games of the year seeing McDavid and Daisaitl on the east coast because I just can't stay up to see games on the west coast anymore.
Good luck with the rest of the season and I for one am glad the Oilers have turned things around.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
I'm too busy to watch this crap.

I wonder how many dives Jack Hughes has today.....Meanwhile, Connor will be ra**d and pillaged and maybe draw one.

Hollywood55

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Devils fan, coming in peace. Gonna be a great game with the best player in the world and also Connor McDavid. LOL, just kidding. This is one of my favorite games of the year seeing McDavid and Daisaitl on the east coast because I just can't stay up to see games on the west coast anymore.
Good luck with the rest of the season and I for one am glad the Oilers have turned things around.
Your opinion on those black "jersey" alternates?

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I'm too busy to watch this crap.

I wonder how many dives Jack Hughes has today.....Meanwhile, Connor will be ra**d and pillaged and maybe draw one.
At least 3 dives per period would be my safe bet.. probably will be higher

Maybe Ekholm will Guddbranson Hughes.. or ask Erne to

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
We all know Bratt is guaranteed a goal against us.

This season is so high and low lol.

I went so low. Did not even give two sh**s about any hockey games. Just come on here. Then the streak happened and I got back in. Started watching. Now I am back to not even looking at when they play.

I can't get hyped up until I see a some changes.

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas
Your opinion on those black "jersey" alternates?
At first, I was sort of meh on them but I really grew to like them. I know everyone makes fun of the "Jersey" crest but you have to understand that if you are from NJ you do say Jersey when you tell people where you are from. Plus, the Devils have really leaned into the criticism and made limited edition "Hat" hats and "Sock" socks.
And yes, I do own one.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
We all know Bratt is guaranteed a goal against us.

This season is so high and low lol.

I went so low. Did not even give two sh**s about any hockey games. Just come on here. Then the streak happened and I got back in. Started watching. Now I am back to not even looking at when they play.

I can't get hyped up until I see a some changes.
Kind of sounds like your fandom is up and down......like a toilet seat lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad