Value of: Theodore

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
The absolute rock bottom "starting point" has to be the Montour contract or the Hronek deal. So start there at $7.25M and keep adding from there, because he's a better player with a more proven track record.

Reactions: The Duck Knight

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
Has Hanifin shown enough offensive flair to be able to take the PP1 slot next year?

The PP with Theo up until this small sample to start this season has been bad. Hanifin took it from him to finish last year and in the playoffs. Theo is back on the top unit now but it really all runs through Eichel and Stone anyways. I just don't think Theo is worth 8 or 9 million per year to the Knights. For me you don't pay that kind of money/term to players that don't excel in all 3 zones unless the production is absolutely elite.

Reactions: KaraLupin

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
The absolute rock bottom "starting point" has to be the Montour contract or the Hronek deal. So start there at $7.25M and keep adding from there, because he's a better player with a more proven track record.
I think he's a tier above that honestly, although they may get the RHD premium. I think 7x9 is not out of the qustion

He's 30 years old, won't get 7 years
The only 4 people to sign 7 year deals in free agency last summer were 30 lol

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
IMO the comp. is on his own Team.
Petro signed when he was 30, Thodore will be 30 next August.
Petro signed for 7 years at 8.8, which at the time, was 10.80% of the cap, per Puckpedia.

Since Petro signed
Petro Points per game .60 Theodore in the span .77
Theo +52, Petro +39
Petro plays about 2 minutes more a game then Theo over the past 4+ seasons, however they both have played a similar amount of time on the PP and at even strength. Petro has logged more minutes on the PK.

I think he gets at least 7X9.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad