Prospect Info: Theo Lindstein ,29th, 2023

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Little disappointed with this one as I was hoping we'd take a home run swing at someone like Cristall after our first two relatively safe picks, but he does seem very likely to play NHL games, just as more of a roster filler than a true impact guy. Hopefully I'm wrong and hopefully he and the rest of the first rounders will attend prospect camp next week so I can see them in person!

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Little disappointed with this one as I was hoping we'd take a home run swing at someone like Cristall after our first two relatively safe picks, but he does seem very likely to play NHL games, just as more of a roster filler than a true impact guy. Hopefully I'm wrong and hopefully he and the rest of the first rounders will attend prospect camp next week so I can see them in person!
I’m glad we didn’t. He was terrible at the u18s playing against the best.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Lindstein was very good at the U18s. Solid as a rock defensively, good gaps, good outlets, plus skater. He was the support LD that allowed RDs Sandin Pellikka and Willander to roam. He’s the sort of d-man you have to really watch to appreciate. He won’t show up on a ton of highlight reels or score a ton of points but he’ll prevent goals and get the puck to our forwards (so they can score goals).

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Lindstein was very good at the U18s. Solid as a rock defensively, good gaps, good outlets, plus skater. He was the support LD that allowed RDs Sandin Pellikka and Willander to roam. He’s the sort of d-man you have to really watch to appreciate. He won’t show up on a ton of highlight reels or score a ton of points but he’ll prevent goals and get the puck to our forwards (so they can score goals).
Sounds like a young Gunnarsson. Nothing wrong with that.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Has anyone seen an interview with him? Even article that quotes him? The other 2 firsts we saw interviews with and even Pekarcik was quoted. Seems odd. I’m wondering if his English is lacking?

Wovenhand1976

May 25, 2019
There's an interview in this article. Decent English :)

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
There's an interview in this article. Decent English :)

Thanks. That was what I was looking for! Interesting that he is Swede and picks a Finn as guy he models game after.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I’d be thrilled if he ends up a hjalmarsson type……I’m starting to think he might be better tho, like possibly a Duncan Keith lite……. Idk why I only got 2010s era hawks comparables for him lmao and maybe I’m suffering from shiny new toy syndrome l but there’s just so many similarities with the skating, smarts and puck moving with defensive ability

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Something to keep an eye on:

Rumor out of Sweden that Victor Soderstrom (23 year old RHD and former #11 overall pick by AZ/UT) may sign with Byrnas (Lindstein’s team in SHL). Apparently Christian Djoos (LHD likely on Byrnas’ 2nd pairing) will be injured for 4-6 weeks to start the year…could be a big opportunity for Lindstein if he can beat out the other LHD options for some 2nd pairing minutes with a good veteran partner!

EDIT:

Maybe posturing for a better contract?

Last edited:

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Soderstrom appears to be having issues sticking in Utah’s lineup. Appears to be in a similar spot as Alexandrov from my perspective. Probably doesn’t want to go back to the AHL for a 5th season.

If he ends up in Brynas, he’d be a good add for them. I wouldn’t want this to push Lindstein down the lineup too far but at the same time, I don’t want him playing on a team as bad as Oskarshamn was last season either so adding talent would help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad