The World Cup Brazil 2014! Part 2. Germany are the World Champs!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Krul yelled at the shooters "I know what your plan is" before he got in position too. Mind games alright.

Yep, he also purposely walked slowly in front of the ball and pointed to corners a few times. IMO that's pretty smart. The kicker always has the advantage and this levels out the playing field a bit.

LolClarkson*

Yep, he also purposely walked slowly in front of the ball and pointed to corners a few times. IMO that's pretty smart. The kicker always has the advantage and this levels out the playing field a bit.

The kicker has a huge advantage yeah. Soccer gets knocked a lot because they NEVER change the rules. Moving the kicker back is something that should have been done decades ago.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I just watched Neymar's injury.
Man...
That was a MMA move.
I wonder why fighters are not hurt more often.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
The kicker has a huge advantage yeah. Soccer gets knocked a lot because they NEVER change the rules. Moving the kicker back is something that should have been done decades ago.

Meh, I don't see the need.

It's much more dramatic when a player misses because players usually score. It's part of the game and to quote Jared McCann, "it is what it is."

Frostage

May 23, 2014

It's much more dramatic when a player misses because players usually score. It's part of the game and to quote Jared McCann, "it is what it is."

I don't see the need either. The way it is now, all the pressure is on the kicker. I like it that way, and loved taking pks.

What I think needs to change is penalties from open play. As it stands now some players will go down and try to draw a penalty, denying themselves of a scoring opportunity. Which is especially frustrating if the opportunity is a good one. But that is besides the point.

Think of the penalty that Robben drew against Mexico. Now most will agree that it was a clumsy challenge from Marquez and Robben took the opportunity to go down, turning what was a OK scoring chance, he was in tight with lots of defenders back, into a great chance because of the penalty. Perhaps they could incorporate free kicks in the box when the scoring chance is not great, which would hopefully decrease the amount of diving in the box.

Additionally, I would really like it if FIFA and all the leagues started fining and suspending players who dive, but I doubt that will happen.

LolClarkson*

At the end of a game its fine because its fair. But for a tough 0/0 game to be decided by one meager penalty shot where the goalie doesn't have a hope is crap.

But yeah, they have gone this long without changing it, there is no point now.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
So apparently you bite someone in the shoulder and FIFA will ban you after the fact, but slamming into someone's back and breaking their vertibrae won't be reviewed (apparently that's not exceptional circumstances).

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
At the end of a game its fine because its fair. But for a tough 0/0 game to be decided by one meager penalty shot where the goalie doesn't have a hope is crap.

But yeah, they have gone this long without changing it, there is no point now.

You're thinking of penalties the wrong way. It's the first team that screws up it's 90% chance at scoring that loses - the goalie hopes to make a save, but you never expect them to really have a chance.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Pretty boring game tbh but happy that the Netherlands won.

Here's a hilarious video of Argentina fans celebrating over Neymar's broken back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj380P5kmQo&list=UUgnwET02GmO8z-gMFf53tGQ

My wife is Argentian, and she watched the Brazil/Colombia game in order to cheer against Brazil. The funny thing is she is not a soccer fan and barely watches the Argentina games. The biggest rivalry is Argentina/Brazil in South America, but watch if Chile ever keeps being good. Argentina/Chile hate each other. Basically this area has not had a war since the 1800's and to hate one from another country is deemed acceptable. People in Peru hate Chile more, not to mention Bolivia. Paraguay lost 90% of its male population and two thirds of its land to Brazil and Argentina in the last war in Southern South America. I think if Argentina and Brazil meet in the finals there may be a few deaths in the streets but the celebrations for the country who wins will be unbelievable. It would be like the U.S./Canada rivalry if the hockey was the number one sport in U.S.. I am hoping for a Brazil/Argentina final eventhough my wife would prefer that Brazil just lose now and always. Not sure S.A. is ready for what a Brazil/Argentina final would bring. Brazil still have not recovered from losing to Uraguay 70 plus years ago. All countries do not mind Uraguay. If they lost to Argentina, it would be an open wound that would never heal.

arsmaster*

So apparently you bite someone in the shoulder and FIFA will ban you after the fact, but slamming into someone's back and breaking their vertibrae won't be reviewed (apparently that's not exceptional circumstances).

When the guy has two previous biting incidents in the last year and a half he obviously hasn't learned.

Neymar got hurt, but that play happens all the time. It's a soccer play. Biting people isn't even tolerated in kindergarten.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
When the guy has two previous biting incidents in the last year and a half he obviously hasn't learned.

Neymar got hurt, but that play happens all the time. It's a soccer play. Biting people isn't even tolerated in kindergarten.

Jumping knees into players backs is a soccer play?!?!
Since when....

xtr3m

Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver
BsC6rULCYAARpDM.jpg

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I don't even like Germany but I'm loving Brazil having their ass handed to them.

They have been **** the entire tourney and finally ran into a quality team and it shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad