GDT: the we have a game in 45 minutes mobile gdt

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Clutch loss with Edmonton and Phoenix losing today. The Leafs got a point, but lost in the SO. Sucks for them.

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
My favorite team takes a regulation loss in a season that they need as high of a draft pick as possible, my second favorite team gets a win in a season where they are fighting for a playoff spot. What a great Valentine's Day for me.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Really have to appreciate what we're seeing with Justin Faulk even in a lost season. He's picking up a lot of secondaries, but his shot total indicates that this may not be a fleeting burst of scoring. A stat nobody is talking about is that Faulk is 8th in the league in shots from a defenseman. There is no hesitancy on his part about getting the puck on net and he's doing it well. Everyone in the Top 10, save Yandle and Doughty who are having ridiculously bad puck luck, has scored 10 goals or more this season. That list is a real "who's who" among offensive defensemen. Karlsson, OEL, Doughty, Letang, Byfulgien, Burns, Weber, Giordano.

His offensive game has been off the charts improved from last season and he might land in the 45-50 point range if he can keep this up. He has had his problems defensively at times, but we're observing a player rounding into a true number one here. It's exciting to see.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Really have to appreciate what we're seeing with Justin Faulk even in a lost season. He's picking up a lot of secondaries, but his shot total indicates that this may not be a fleeting burst of scoring. A stat nobody is talking about is that Faulk is 8th in the league in shots from a defenseman. There is no hesitancy on his part about getting the puck on net and he's doing it well. Everyone in the Top 10, save Yandle and Doughty who are having ridiculously bad puck luck, has scored 10 goals or more this season. That list is a real "who's who" among offensive defensemen. Karlsson, OEL, Doughty, Letang, Byfulgien, Burns, Weber, Giordano.

His offensive game has been off the charts improved from last season and he might land in the 45-50 point range if he can keep this up. He has had his problems defensively at times, but we're observing a player rounding into a true number one here. It's exciting to see.

With you on this one 100%.

Justin Faulk is going to be a #1 defenseman.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
With you on this one 100%.

Justin Faulk is going to be a #1 defenseman.

I mean...the concept of the "#1" largely comes from the gigantic guys like Chara, Weber, and to a lesser extent Suter. Lidstrom was big but less physical.

Only in the last few years would people come to accept Karlsson, Doughty and Keith as smaller, more offensively gifted #1s.

I choose to look at it as - is it ok that he's the best defenseman on a team? Right now, I say "not quite."

But he's certainly on the right track.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
I mean...the concept of the "#1" largely comes from the gigantic guys like Chara, Weber, and to a lesser extent Suter. Lidstrom was big but less physical.

Only in the last few years would people come to accept Karlsson, Doughty and Keith as smaller, more offensively gifted #1s.

I choose to look at it as - is it ok that he's the best defenseman on a team? Right now, I say "not quite."

But he's certainly on the right track.

Right. I said he's going to be one. Not he is one.

He's only 22. Once the consistency of the defensive side of his game develops he'll be there, but he's not there yet.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Right. I said he's going to be one. Not he is one.

He's only 22. Once the consistency of the defensive side of his game develops he'll be there, but he's not there yet.

Yes, I realize you said that. I kind of went off on a tangent there. I just get annoyed at the perceived classification "#1", like it can only pertain to massive D men or Drew Doughty. Just a pet peeve of mine. Not at all thrown in your direction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad