The Vincent Lecavalier Thread - Part II: Bergevin's headache

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Damn. most texans probably can't pronounce Lecavalier...or think it's fish eggs on a cracker that rich folks eat...:laugh:

There's another consideration: Vinnie and his family would be able to go out in public in Dallas without getting mobbed by fans. Not so in old Ville-Marie.

IMHO that could mean more than a few hundred grand to a guy who just got a 30$ million severance package.

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
Good.. The quicker it ends the better.. :nod:

Reading the latest posts in the Vinny thread on the mainboard here it seems to be down to Dallas, Philly or Boston if anything said there is remotely accurate.

It's all speculation, I can't wait for this gong show to be over.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
There's another consideration: Vinnie and his family would be able to go out in public in Dallas without getting mobbed by fans. Not so in old Ville-Marie.

He goes out all summer in MTL and I highly doubt if he was mugged all the time he would continue to live in town.

It comes down to term IMO.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
I missed the last few pages, but I saw earlier that he's going to take his decision within the next 24 to 48 hours.

Will he announce it, or do we still have to wait until Friday to find out?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
David Pagnotta @TheFourthPeriod
Little update: Hearing Detroit is out of the Lecavalier race, while told by one league exec that he'd be "very surprised" if Vinny picks MTL

Was it the same guy ex nhl gm,who told us a parade was on the way if...or 20 trades at nhl draft???

Wait for the ballon drop,then will know..lol

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
The infamous aborted lecavalier trade a few years ago was talked about all around the internet for weeks before the draft. Renaud Lavoie at the time didn't mention anything about the habs trading for vinny until a few hours before the actual draft.

IMO Lavoie is gonna start talking about it when he'll know a 100% where Lecavalier is going.

Same thing for eklund. I wouldn't be surprised if he comes up with something like "Habs enters vinny sweepstakes full force (e4). Last minute strong push." He's gonna make it seem like he had information from his own sources, instead of following other twiter trends.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
it seems to be down to Dallas, Philly or Boston if anything said there is remotely accurate.

And then BOOM! Vinny signs a two-years, 3.5M deal with Calgary!

HFBoards implodes... again. Mass suicides in front of the Bell Center and the provincial government takes over the Habs' administration and gives a 5 years, 25M contract to Briere. Everything goes back to 'normal' within a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark