The Vancouver Canucks are officially not frauds.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
What are we talking about here? Were people saying the Nucks weren't good enough to knock off WC1? I don't feel like I heard much of that. Whether they are true contenders has been up for debate and you don't settle that in round 1.

Or is this just a troll post intending to draw out a bunch of people to dump on the Nucks?

Edit: I also feel like people get too into late season streaks. Other than St. Louis that one time, those streaks tend to run out of gas and you start to see signs of that team that struggled early. You are your record, and Nashville was WC1.

Last edited:
Reactions: x Tame Impala

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Pretty cocky couple of fans already.
Perhaps you should see how things go before spouting off after winning one series.
I mean they have been spouting off the last 4 offseasons. What makes you think it would calm down once they have tasted a small bit of success? :laugh:

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Vancouver, Nashville, NYI, and Washington are all in the same category for me and this round didn't change my mind

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
the oilaz lucked out playing an AHL team in the 1st round AND STILL needed the refs close out the kings. :laugh:
Glancing at your post history you are a broken record about the refs holy.

It's possible your team was less disciplined than the other team and were fortunate Nashville's PP is anemic.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
People forget Nashville was unreal after their epic loss to the Stars in February.

After that game they went 21-5-4 to finish the year and beat a lot of good teams in that run.
And then that hot streak ended and they fell back to earth pretty hard. They were back to being a .500 team like they were before, for a good month or so before playoffs

Reactions: GeoRox89

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
One must have to win a serie. I think Canucks is the worst out of the 8 and Predators would have been too if they would have won.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I mean they have been spouting off the last 4 offseasons. What makes you think it would calm down once they have tasted a small bit of success? :laugh:
I find it so amusing

Maybe I'm wrong but I just never heard so many of them in previous years as well as the cockiness and vitriol displayed. When was the last time they won a series in the POs?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
They beat Nashville in what could be the same amount of games it takes Dallas to beat Vegas. Does that mean Dallas barely beats Vegas?
Yeah...well....one is the defending Cup champs while the other is.... Nashville so a bit of a distinction there.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
They beat Nashville in what could be the same amount of games it takes Dallas to beat Vegas. Does that mean Dallas barely beats Vegas?
Yes. Is this sarcasm I'm missing? Several games in that series have been very close, and it's going to game seven. It's a very close series that either team could have won already.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
Imagine strutting around like this after winning one round. Act like you've been here before OP.
Did you read the post?

People who think Canuck fans are being cocky have issues with reading comprehension. Simply saying they have surpassed everyone’s expectations and what happens from here on in doesn’t change that.

Reactions: I am toxic

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Why do people keep on bringing up regular season stats when regular season means jack shit in the playoffs?

I mean It is not just you, but i see many people bring up their regular season record vs teams to justify whey their teams might or might not win in a playoff series.

It just confuses me.
Well most teams rosters dont look radically different between game 82 and round one…

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Or pretenders.

The Canucks skeptics last crutch was that they would lose in the first round. Well.... they didn't. So no matter what happens from here, they were simply wrong. And those that got arrogant about it, using language like frauds and pretenders should apologize.

Edit: I almost forgot, PDO!!

canicks.jpg
So am I to understand that after winning the division, defeating Preds in 6 in the first round should be considered overachieving by the team, or what's the point that's actually being made here?

If you're arguing that this was some convincing triumph by the Canucks and that they're setting themselves up as the favorites to win the West or something of that nature, then I struggle to agree.

I'd even go as far to say that of all 8 first-round matchups, this one was the least convincing victory.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Vancouver are the underdogs for sure. But I didn't even expect Nashville to make the playoffs this season. That was the biggest surprise. Had someone told me Preds were making the PO, I would have called BS.

But cred to Nucks. Nash has a stifling D and strong Goalie. Van deserved the win against a hot Nashville team. Canucks played the perfect PO style game. But I can't see them shutting down Oilers offense.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
oh yeah and the oilers 13 shots on goal game 4 was so elite lmao

Canucks averaged 20.2 shots.. 20 .. per game in the series. Even the Sharks averaged 25 in the regular season. Winning a series with that low of a shots/game is the new NHL record. That whole series was terrible hockey, SJ/CHI would've been better.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
People forget Nashville was unreal after their epic loss to the Stars in February.

After that game they went 21-5-4 to finish the year and beat a lot of good teams in that run.

They came back to earth/got exposed in a few games against good teams before the end of the season

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Still a little premature for this. If we get spanked by the Oilers in 4-5 games, then we're gonna look like frauds no matter how you spin it. On the other hand, even if we still lose, if we make it competitive then it becomes a different story.

And before anyone comes running "WE SWEPT THE SEASON SERIES!!!" Go ask Winnipeg how much that helped them.

Reactions: TheNumber4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad