The Vancouver Canucks are officially not frauds.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
how is it a conspiracy theory if its true tho... you guys had half of our PPs in the entire series in one game vs the kings.
Yeah its almost like if you get more than 15 shots a game and 5 grade A chances you force the other team to commit more infractions.

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
hahaha, Canucks proved nothing in the 1st round. Those 12 'shots on goal' win games were just terrible hockey. I hate both the Canucks and Oilers, but Oilers sweep easily.
Nashville’s entire strategy of blocking every shot towards goal is definitely cringe worthy hockey.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
They beat a team that literally sold at the trade deadline, and still were essentially 1 or 2 bounces away from being eliminated right now :laugh:

If they beat the Oilers, we can talk. Hell if they win a couple games against the Oilers that would go a long way quite frankly. Right now we're looking at an Oilers sweep, maybe 5 games.

They traded draft picks for Zucker & Beauvillier? What are you talking about, your literally wrong.

Reactions: Zanon and Szechwan

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
The PDO comments were never calling them frauds. That entire fanbase is a sensitive bunch if you're going to get upset that other fans don't think your team is special when you start the season on a PDO heater that has never been maintained for an entire season in the history of the sport. And every non-canucks fan that said that ended up being right.

The Canucks rode their PDO high for the first half of their regular season and their scoring dried up in the first round once they weren't shooting 20%. This is a phenomenon that a lot of canuck fans still can't wrap their head around and nobody appears to be able to help them understand it.

It would be like if oilers fans expect to maintain their combined pk and pp % of 150% for the rest of playoffs. Appreciate the heater you're on and ride the high, but you're a moron if you're going to argue it's sustainable.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
I don't even want the Canucks to beat the Oilers in game 1 and 2. I want the wins in 3 and 4 in their barn. Then let's discuss who's a fraud.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
You mean the team they beat 4-0 in the regular season….yeah no….

Why do people keep on bringing up regular season stats when regular season means jack shit in the playoffs?

I mean It is not just you, but i see many people bring up their regular season record vs teams to justify whey their teams might or might not win in a playoff series.

It just confuses me.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
If the Canucks want to have a chance they're going to have to score more than 1 or 2 goals a game.

Regardless of what people think of Edmonton's defense and tending, they score a lot of goals. They need to be able to keep pace.

Excited for this series.

Also. Jesus christ with the fraud shit. Find a new buzzword. Every team that gets eliminated is a fraud now, it's ridiculous.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Can we all just acknowledge that for as much as the Caps and Isles didn’t belong in the playoffs in the East the same could be said about the Preds? Another of the worst playoff teams I’ve seen in a long time.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Can we all just acknowledge that for as much as the Caps and Isles didn’t belong in the playoffs in the East the same could be said about the Preds? Another of the worst playoff teams I’ve seen in a long time.

Preds finished ahead of LA, and are a much better team than WSH/NYI. They don't have offensive depth but played fantastic defense as a unit. Brunette got them playing very well.

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
Disagree.

Canucks were fortunate to win this series, could have gone either way. Nashville was easily the worst Western team in the playoffs and would have been defeated handily by LA.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Every year we go into the playoffs thinking "yea Nashville's alright" and every year we're reminded that they don't have the scoring to actually do anything. They clawed their way to the finals with this strategy once but those days are long gone imo; you need to have legitimate threats and depth up front to make noise in the league right now.

1 round won since their SCF appearance despite being a goalie and defense factory. Go out and find some offense, please.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Because they beat Nashville and not…any Eastern team?

Who do they play next? Edmonton would be a banger of a series.

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Why do people keep on bringing up regular season stats when regular season means jack shit in the playoffs?

I mean It is not just you, but i see many people bring up their regular season record vs teams to justify whey their teams might or might not win in a playoff series.

It just confuses me.

Isn’t that true about all stats? Might as well not keep track of anything then. Everything is just based on probability.

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
The PDO comments were never calling them frauds. That entire fanbase is a sensitive bunch if you're going to get upset that other fans don't think your team is special when you start the season on a PDO heater that has never been maintained for an entire season in the history of the sport. And every non-canucks fan that said that ended up being right.
hahaha what a load of shit.

they had 47 wins, 2 less than edmonton. a norris trophy candidate and a jack adams candidate.

what the f*** are u talking about?

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
All the credit to Vancouver. No Demko and Nashville forced them into a low event chess match trench war and they accepted it and applied themselves. The "buy in" and will to win is there. Should be an intresting series. I'm still not sold on Skinner with Edmonton so I'd give a possible goaltending advantage to Vancouver all though some serious fire power is coming there way. It's wasn't always pretty and exciting but, it was surely impressive. Good Job Vancouver! Now the Leafs are playing copy cat lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad