Proposal: The three way trade you're about to hate (DAL-SJS-ARI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don't love it from the sharks perspective --- Khudobin gives us Reimer, Hill, and Khudobin next year, which feels meh... So we're giving up Burns with retention, Wies, Barabanov, and a 1st for Chychrun... Chychrun is really good, and I would love him, but seems like a bit too much...
If we could get a happy Chychrun for that you take it.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Not really feeling this for SJ.

I get why it would be enticing to get Chychrun, but SJ struggles offensively, desperately needs forwards with talent to fill out our terrible forward core, and Burns is still better offensively than Chychrun at this point in time.

I do not think this moves puts SJ in a better spot than if they did not make the trade at all, and depending on how Coe/Weisblatt develop, and the possibility that our 1st, even in 24 could be high, we might actually be worse in the long term. Also since we are retaining on Burns, it does nothing for our cap concerns either, assuming we do not rebuild and keep Hertl.

So while in a vacuum replacing Burns with Chychrun would be overall positive moving forward, looking at the full picture I do not think this move makes sense for SJ.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
I think this is very well thought out 3-way trade.
Would be interesting if this happened.

Sports2

WDI
Jul 1, 2018
I think Dallas has their hands full with the Benn and Seguin contracts. Even at 50% I think they would hold off purely for length of the contract.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Cogliano yuck. I suffered enough with him on Dallas the last few years. Least favorite player in the league. He shoots like a 12 yr old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad