Proposal: The three way trade you're about to hate (DAL-SJS-ARI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
To SJS: (+0.983 million)

Chychrun
Khudobin

To DAL: (-0.583 million)

Burns at 5 million (3 million retained x 4 seasons)
Barabanov
Cogliano

To Ari: (-0.40 million)

Klingberg -flipped to a contender for 1st/prospect
2024 1st from SJ
Brandon Coe/Ozzy Wiesblatt

SJS does this because they want to rebuild their D, Burns is still valuable, Dallas is likely on his trade list, and at 5 million he's valuable to a team. Barabanov and Cogliano are not in the long-term plans. Sharks goalie depth is bad, and Khudobin may help that, or just help balance out the cap aspect. Chychrun is young, a LD who can provide offense. Sharks top 4 looks like Chychrun-Karlsson, Ferraro-Merkley for the foreseeable future. Trade fits a retooling team.

Dallas does this because they get a Klingberg replacement at 5 million. They also get some forward depth for the playoff push this year. They get Khudobin off the books too, frees up a little more space for next year, re-sign Barby or Pavs if you want to. Pavs and Burns together again could be fun. Trade fits a contending team trying to extend their window.

Arizona does this because they get a 1st from SJ in 2024, which is a gamble for SJ, if they're still bad that could be a very high pick, plus a good forward prospect, and likely another 1st/prospect for Klingberg to a contender. Trade fits a rebuilding tear down team.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away

Chychrun
Khudobin

Barabanov
Cogliano

2024 1st from SJ

SJS does this because they want to rebuild their D, Burns is still valuable, Dallas is likely on his trade list, and at 5 million he's valuable to a team. Barabanov and Cogliano are not in the long-term plans. Sharks goalie depth is bad, and Khudobin may help that, or just help balance out the cap aspect. Chychrun is young, a LD who can provide offense. Sharks top 4 looks like Chychrun-Karlsson, Ferraro-Merkley for the foreseeable future. Trade fits a retooling team.

Dallas does this because they get a Klingberg replacement at 5 million. They also get some forward depth for the playoff push this year. They get Khudobin off the books too, frees up a little more space for next year, re-sign Barby or Pavs if you want to. Pavs and Burns together again could be fun. Trade fits a contending team trying to extend their window.

Arizona does this because they get a 1st from SJ in 2024, which is a gamble for SJ, if they're still bad that could be a very high pick, plus a good forward prospect, and likely another 1st/prospect for Klingberg to a contender. Trade fits a rebuilding tear down team.
Well thought out and I wouldn’t cry if it happened.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Full breakdown:

San Jose gives up: SJS 2024 1st, Brandon Coe/Ozzy Weisblatt, Alexander Barabanov, Andrew Cogliano, Brent Burns ($3m retained)
San Jose gets: Jacob Chychrun, Anton Khudobin

Dallas gives up: Anton Khudobin, John Klingberg
Dallas gets: Brent Burns ($3m retained), Alexander Barabanov, Andrew Cogliano

Arizona gives up: Jacob Chychrun
Arizona gets: John Klingberg, SJS 2024 1st, one of Brandon Coe/Ozzy Weisblatt

Not sure if the thread delivers on its promise, but I can definitely see potential for it to do so. Particularly for Dallas.

Reactions: Laus723

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Don’t know much about Barabonov, but I think Dallas is going to pass. Have to think they get more from Klingberg elsewhere.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
If I were Arizona I'd only consider it if I got SJ's unprotected 2023 1st and push hard for that. Klingberg return will be a late 2022 1st and B prospect most likely, you can't move Chychrun without getting something really exciting in the return.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
CCurAOqW4AAYFnL.png

Reactions: shadow1

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
I don’t want Cogs back but burns at 5 mil is pretty tempting. He will for sure replace klingbergs numbers.

Reactions: LT

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Get Cogliano out of that deal rn....will give you a 1st to keep him out

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
I don't love it from the sharks perspective --- Khudobin gives us Reimer, Hill, and Khudobin next year, which feels meh... So we're giving up Burns with retention, Wies, Barabanov, and a 1st for Chychrun... Chychrun is really good, and I would love him, but seems like a bit too much...

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Chychrun
Khudobin

Barabanov
Cogliano

2024 1st from SJ

Arizona gets screwed over the most.

Reactions: Habsrule and Schemp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad