OT: The Thread About Nothing 203

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I had to look this up, I've never heard of Rick and Morty.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but you aren't missing anything. For some reason people really love it. It's almost as bad as Adventure Time and Bob's Burgers.

South Park remains the only animated show I can actually stand watching

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
So last night I went out after the game and I heard this song for the time ever, Tim Wilson booty man...might have been the best lyrics I ever heard...the Beetles, Dylan, Niel Young, Prince. ..they got nothing on those lyrics.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Probably an unpopular opinion, but you aren't missing anything. For some reason people really love it. It's almost as bad as Adventure Time and Bob's Burgers.

South Park remains the only animated show I can actually stand watching

I love South Park. I think it's still pretty good after all this time.

My buddies and I would sit and watch the animation block on Fox pining for the old days of the Simpsons, Family Guy, etc. We sat through about 5 episodes of Bob's Burgers which we thought was Adult Swim grade animation. But nothing could compare when Fox put out Son of Zorn. Holy shit that was bad.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Did anyone here play Final Fantasy for old-school NES? I never played it back in the day, but now have one of those 30-game mini-NESes and I'm thinking about starting it, but the learning curve seems kind of steep. I feel like I need to block off a full Saturday to get into it.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Top album this week on iTunes? Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Greatest Hits. Anyone catch the Florida Gators fans singing to I Won't Back Down yesterday? Awesome.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
So glad I got to see him a few months ago at The Rock. I've seen so many of the great acts of our time, yet always seemed to miss him, and he was one of my favorites growing up. IMO, one of the most underrated rockers ever.

Reactions: Patrik26

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I hope UF makes it a tradition to sing that song. That's awesome, I love college football so much more than the NFL

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
The more I use HF since the update, the more I hate it. It now uses so much more resources (RAM, etc.), it randomly logs me out all the time, and any company that uses full screen ads deserves to fail (It's 2017, come on.). Twitter/Youtube embeds only show half of their frame most of the time. This is such a garbage update. Trash.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Did anyone here play Final Fantasy for old-school NES? I never played it back in the day, but now have one of those 30-game mini-NESes and I'm thinking about starting it, but the learning curve seems kind of steep. I feel like I need to block off a full Saturday to get into it.
It's rough. As with all new games that kinda hold your hand and help guide you. FF does not. With out the instruction book (how i miss that sweet sweet smell when you got a new game) you wont even know what you are doing. The game just starts you in field and says go. Unless you go online and look it up you will most likely not know their is even a story. I remember trying to beat it and i just quit like halfway through because of lack of story content. Imagine playing any FF since FFVI with no character development, Or quest progression. just go here beat bad rinse repeat till you get to the big bad.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
One minor quibble I have with the new site is how threads have the avatar of the creator next to them. It's distracting and misleading, as the avatar is frequently of a specific team not necessarily involved in the tread.

"Avatar of the Creator" sounds like an early-80's prog album.

Reactions: OmNomNom

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
So glad I got to see him a few months ago at The Rock. I've seen so many of the great acts of our time, yet always seemed to miss him, and he was one of my favorites growing up. IMO, one of the most underrated rockers ever.

We had other plans that night. We'll go see him next tour we said. :(

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I've also encountered the random log out issue on here.

Mods, if you guys haven't done so already, would appreciate you passing on some of the issues some have been facing. Still is a pain for me unfortunately to access this site. Way too slow.

Reactions: JK3

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I'm using Chrome on my computer (iMac) and Safari on my iPhone and everything has been working very well. It sucks that you guys are having issues with the site since the changeover. All I can say is hang in there, there's been a lot of stuff passed on to TPTB and they are constantly working on smoothing all these issues out.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Wondering if it's Chrome specific issues. I'm crawling on this site when using Chrome on a very fast Mac, Chrome on a very fast Windows machine, and Chrome on my Chromebook.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I'm using Firefox, and it's fine other than the random logging out, and the occasional page loading failures. The page loading failures seem worrisome, as if I'm understanding correctly, it seems Firefox doesnt think HFBoards is very safe.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Just realized posts aren't numbered anymore, which is inefficient. Add that to the list of grievances.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Just realized posts aren't numbered anymore, which is inefficient. Add that to the list of grievances.

Weird, it's there on my computer but not the phone. Bottom right in the blue next to the quote bubble.

The page loading issues I would guess have to do with the ads.

Last edited:

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
The full screen Capital One ad somehow evades my ad blocker, but only barely. It glitches and stutters and looks like something out of The Ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad