GDT: The Take Home Ice Advantage Game|CBJ@Bruins|Game 2 Series 2|4-26-19|8:00 NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Jackets need this one in a big way. Hopefully Bob continues his stellar play,Zach plays to the whistle and the Jackets shake off any remaining rust.

BalticDevil

Mar 27, 2018
Wismar, Germany
Need the split in Boston, can't fall behind 2-0. Don't let them dominate the first period again, play like the 2nd and 3rd for a full 60 minutes and punish them this time if they take penalties.
You can do this! Let's go Jackets!

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I'll say again... This is a significant mental moment for this team. What we had in round 1 was the team learning how to win and remaining dedicated to what they were doing and how they were doing it. Call it rust if you want, I was afraid of the long layoff because that's a long time to remember how to get to a level without the benefit of actual competition, and maybe it will take some time to get that mental edge back. Let's hope they get it back for tonight's game.

Last edited:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Come out flying around, full of energy.

Refuse to play getting pushed back into our own zone.

Play to the whistle.

Most importantly, just win baby!!! :yo:

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
I think the winner tonight is the likely winner of the series. Hopefully it doesn't take us 25 minutes of game time tonight to find the pace of the game. Ignore Marchand's crap, let him have another -2 effort, and bring it back to Columbus 1-1.

I've been sick most of the past week, but I'm ready today. The liver has some catching up to do.

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Murray is clearly missed against the Bruins, and there shouldn't be any more questions why Nash and Dubinsky are in the lineup.

I wont harp on Werenski's known defensive issues, but what I will bring up is that in game 1, he actually played more overall time than Jones. I'll quickly hop on the, "Torts sucks" bandwagon, and make it known that this should never happen. Not only is he getting regular PK time (Kukan arguably is better here imo) but he's also getting "significant" more time than Jones on the PP, or at least is clearly used as the "go to guy".

Other than being a smoother stickhandler and his quicker release on his wrist/snap shot, Werenski isn't better than Jones offensively or on the PP in ANY way. The accuracy of Jones wrist shot, and his (imo) much better slap shot (imo) 'trumps' the things Werenski does better. Jones' passing and "offensive awareness" is also (imo) quite a bit better and he seems to have some moments with Panarin, where their skill and chemistry just "clicks". There's no reason that Werenski should be playing on the #1PP if he and Jones are going to have nearly the same TOI numbers or god forbid Werenski actually plays more.

With all that said, Clendening played just over 9 min in game 1. Its safe to say that Torts does not trust him in "tough" or penalty kill situations, and that he couldn't really play anybody less than that, unless Gabe Carlsson was the only guy available. Looking at this, and the fact that we have Zack f***ing Werenski playing 25-nearly 30 minutes, and a "big" chunk spent on the PK, I think we (should) see Gavrikov get in tonight and end up making an impact quite quickly.

Also, Tampa is not Boston. Or should I say, Boston is not Tampa. Its really NOT just him, but also that the lineup I believe needs a tweak. Texier (Alexier?) should prolly come out. Again, its not just him, but we do have plenty of scoring potential throughout the lineup, and even though he is "fine" along the boards and in the defensive zone, he is not going to be able to play consistent hard minutes on a Jenner/Dubinsky or Nash/Dubinsky "defensive" 4th line.

Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson

Foligno-Duchene-Bjorkstrand

Dzingel-Jenner-Anderson

Nash-Dubinsky-Sedlak

If you ask me, Sedlak is underrated both offensively and defensively. He is not flashy but I see remarkable similarities between him and 1 of my other longtime favs Anisimov. They are EFFECTIVE. Not to mention, Sedlak especially, plays a gritty game that works well with both the guys on the 4th line and against the Bruins. He is arguably better, or at least, harder to keep away from the net than anybody other than Jenner and MAYBE Anderson/Dubois. N-O to Hannikainen, please and thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Columbus Mike

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Looking to leave Beantown with a split. We did a decent job of managing the top line last game. What we didn't manage was time in the penalty box.......one additional key tonight: Tonight I think scoring first will be important in managing momentum.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Big game, I will say I don’t think we “need” it, but I do think we probably need to be 2-2 after 4 games, and this obviously makes it more likely to achieve it.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Some interesting comments in here. I agree it might be a better idea to use a heavier lineup with Sedlak in the game. But the player who seemed to get tossed around was not Tex but Bjork. I know Bjork is now considered an important offensive component, but from what I could see he was no match for the power of the Bruins' forwards. I though Tex acquitted himself fairly well. Agree getting Nuti back in the lineup is very important. I have a hunch that the coaching staff looked at Gavrikov and concluded he was not ready to be inserted in an NHL playoff game. Whatever else Torts is thinking, I don't know. But he better have something in mind because I don't think we looked up to the challenge of Boston in the first game.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
So wennberg is going into the lineup tonight and dzingel is a healthy scratch. I’m sure this will go over well

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
So wennberg is going into the lineup tonight and dzingel is a healthy scratch. I’m sure this will go over well

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Is Wennie going to play LW on the same line as Dzingel was or is there more line-o-matic going on? How long since Wennie played?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad